How come there was no 2 point conversion attempt?

Since Buffalo lost by one, it makes sense to wonder why they didn't go for two on one of the second half touchdowns, I was okay with not going for two, the issue in the game is -2 in turnovers, and a very bad defense.

Twice the Bills should have gone for 2, it doesn't really matter in a game like today if you are up by 5 or 6, they should have gone for 2, a successful 2 point conversion late in the game would have given them a 7 point lead. They should have also gone for two to attempt to tie the game at 28.

Guys this is simple math and strategy, I am no coaching genius but this is common sense and I am NOT talking hindsight any coach that cannot see this should be severely reprimanded.

Again I post maybe a few times a year because I will reiterate I don't care very much any more. I still watch the games via pvr and can get thru it in less than an hour, glad I am not wasting more time than this and spending it on more important things such as family.

Edited by Anon Y. Mous

I know what you are saying about early on but they could have tied the game at 28 if they successfully went for 2 and taken a 7 point lead if they had a 2 point conversion. If you cannot justify it both of these times you cannot period unless you are down by 2 points with less than 2 minutes to go.

Twice the Bills should have gone for 2, it doesn't really matter in a game like today if you are up by 5 or 6, they should have gone for 2, a successful 2 point conversion late in the game would have given them a 7 point lead. They should have also gone for two to attempt to tie the game at 28.

Guys this is simple math and strategy, I am no coaching genius but this is common sense and I am NOT talking hindsight any coach that cannot see this should be severely reprimanded.

Again I post maybe a few times a year because I will reiterate I don't care very much any more. I still watch the games via pvr and can get thru it in less than an hour, glad I am not wasting more time than this and spending it on more important things such as family.

Because we miss and a fg leaves them down 2

Easy to say in hindsight but we miss it, they kick instead of go for it with 4 mins and its a different tune

so then you kick a field goal to go for the win, this is NOT hindsight

Because we miss and a fg leaves them down 2

Easy to say in hindsight but we miss it, they kick instead of go for it with 4 mins and its a different tune

Edited by Anon Y. Mous

actually trying to follow your logic and not sure when you are referring to,

correct me if I am wrong

1) Bills were down 28 -27 a missed two pointer makes them down by 2, in this scenario who cares if you are down by 2 or 1

2) Bills kick the extra point near the end of the game and are up by 6 if they miss the point conversion they are up by 5 again who cares if you are by 5 or 6

How come we didn't zig left when we should've zagged right?

Given a different score, and a missed 2-pointer, you'd be asking why we didn't kick a PAT.

nope, no way no how.

this annoyed me more than the late turnover, turnovers are a part of the game even if they are boneheaded like the interception

Because up 5 with 20 mins to go leaves 2 fgs as a loss.

Hindsight, easy.

They hit fgs instead of a td.... Regrets

I know what you are saying but absolutely disagree with the decision

Can you show me that card?? From everything you hear and observe, most teams don't go for two until maybe five minutes or so to go as too much can change by going for it early.

On the drive where Fitz had the INT, if we go down and get a field goal we're up by nine. If we went for two and failed, then we're only up eight and Tenn could tie with a TD and 2 point conversion. Tenn hadn't stopped the Bills' all game so was very good chance they could get at least a field goal out of it. That's the argument as to why not to go for two.

The card says you go for it down 2. Doesn't say wait until the end of the game to try it. But Gailey is a know-it-all retard. He likely doesn't even own the card.

nope, no way no how.

this annoyed me more than the late turnover, turnovers are a part of the game even if they are boneheaded like the interception

I know what you are saying but absolutely disagree with the decision

Difference is if we went for it and succeeded we tie. If we fail, we lose by 2, not 1. Sorry for earlier mistake.

Edited by AJ1

Can you show me that card?? From everything you hear and observe, most teams don't go for two until maybe five minutes or so to go as too much can change by going for it early.

On the drive where Fitz had the INT, if we go down and get a field goal we're up by nine. If we went for two and failed, then we're only up eight and Tenn could tie with a TD and 2 point conversion. Tenn hadn't stopped the Bills' all game so was very good chance they could get at least a field goal out of it. That's the argument as to why not to go for two.

the notable difference being that the titan's would have gone for 2. tenn was carving up the d all day. the odds were better that they'd get a td than a fg on a scoring drive. with that awful d you go for 2. not that it matters, these crappy teams are the only ones we can come close to competing with. but with a decent organization, gailey would be long gone for his decisions the last 2 weeks and his overall failure to win at the helm. he sucks and everyone should know it by now including whoever is running the organization.