HC's Available Now

SoulMan

Why even bring this topic up? It would be stupid to get rid of Chan the Man now. Granted his team is the worst defense in the league but to fire him now what would be the advantage? To get rid of him there would have to be an advantage or a set point. To give the team a message? What message would that be? If anything I feel he and Dave are too good of friends and Dave might want to go elsewhere just to give Chan some room to breath an ounce of fresh air. Dave brings no intensity to this teams defense and no matter scheme is brought in the team is not working well with him. If there is a cancer in the locker room like people are suggesting like Mario then Chan has got to be the one to kill it. He has to be the one to either go to the GM and say something or get another defensive coordinator in to give a gut check. Maybe the team will address this? Kelsey cracked the door a little to say people didn't play hard enough then maybe they need to come as a team and address the cancer head on. Either way we all look at it, we knew that the Bills would not be contenders this year. A playoff team maybe but not contenders. I think the team needs to ride the wave they are on untiul new ownership can come in and really address the teams needs like it should. No way to getting rid of Chan.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about someone like Kirby Smart, DC of Alabama... Up and coming, looks like he may be headed to a HC job... Don't know if he would consider NFL. As far as current coaches I would like to see us get Perry Fewell back or Rob Ryan from Dallas

its not going to matter, firing a coach or co-ordinator now isn't going to change things this season, and its only making it obvious that your giving up on this season. You can't take anyone off of another teams staff right now, so whomever is taking over will have to be somone who is currently on the staff, or out of work (but of course theres always top tier guys just waiting at home for their phone to ring during the season). Coaches and co-ordinators don't have time to change much of anything in season to make a difference also.

Right now the Bills are stuck with what they have. They can fire people to "send a message" and maybe take a look at other coaches on tehir staff in a different role, but its not going to make a huge difference to this team, unless the new guy can spark a fire under the players and get them to play better.

its not going to matter, firing a coach or co-ordinator now isn't going to change things this season, and its only making it obvious that your giving up on this season. You can't take anyone off of another teams staff right now, so whomever is taking over will have to be somone who is currently on the staff, or out of work (but of course theres always top tier guys just waiting at home for their phone to ring during the season). Coaches and co-ordinators don't have time to change much of anything in season to make a difference also.

Right now the Bills are stuck with what they have. They can fire people to "send a message" and maybe take a look at other coaches on tehir staff in a different role, but its not going to make a huge difference to this team,
unless the new guy can spark a fire under the players and get them to play better.

and that is exactly the point.wanny definitely can´t. try SOMEBODY. heck, bring in bozella for a talk and a punch in the mouth. try the local high-school coach. or McD´s employee of the month. WHOEVER

Out of all those guys u named I would like it to be Ryan... Going up against his brother twice a year will definitely make way to primetime games and will actually go out to prove our defense is good... He will make the defense better without a doubt with the players we have and he will hire an ACTUAL offensive coordinator and not coach it himself... Plus the guy has emotion which is ALWAYS a plus...

I agree 100%. Thanks for writing this. Now I don't have to.

Rob Ryan ?? /Not sure if I want a Ryan on the field for Buff.

Perry Fewell maybe - Buffalo Bills defensive coordinator 2006 to 2009 and served as the interim head coach post Juaron. In what was statistically their best season under Fewell, the 2008 Bills defense ranked 2nd in the AFC in negative yardage plays, recorded 7 games of holding opposing offenses to less than 100 yards rushing, finished 4th in the NFL in red zone defense (41.8%), and allowed just 14 passing TDs all year. Fired with the rest of the coaching staff.

Statistically the best YET the Putrids kept beating Buffalo year after year.

2006 v Putz

L 19-17

L 28-6

Bills record 7-9

2005 v Putz

L 21–16

L 35–7

Bills record 5-11

2004 v Putz

L 31–17

L 29–6

Bills record 9-7

Give Rob Ryan a good older Offensive Cord he would respect i think he would make a great HC.

He would be beloved by the Bills fans IF his team played with heart. I think the talent is here right now, but the heart is gone. Kind of reversed from how it has been. Yes the Bills are still missing a QB. Rex took the Jets to the AFC championship game with Sanchez, just saying. I think at this point we would all take a ride like that as opposed to watching these guys play.

Chan is not a HC at any level. He does not inspire guys. He didnt do it in college at Ga Tech and he is not doing it now in the NFL with the Bills

Edited by atlbillsfan1975