Bucky Gleason's latest

WOW & i thought Sully was a jack ass , what was Chan suppose to do go into the locker room & say ya you guys won but you still suck ??

Come on dude you have to work off of the positives if not whats the sense of even trying ??

i'm not sure you read what i wrote -- surprising, since my post isn't very long. i am mad at bucky for criticizing gailey for the excitement he showed after the game. he compared him to belichick, who never gets excited after a victory. the bills are full of flaws, i never disputed that point. but it's not acceptable for him to demand that gailey not get amped up after a victory. i'm glad gailey praised his team after the victory. that was my point, nothing you wrote has anything to do with my post.

Beat me to it.

Wins in the NFL are hard to come by, even for the elite teams. Gailey should be happy about the win. If you feel otherwise,huh?

I've stopped reading Bucky because his articles are either a total sack of crap of a gratuitous suck up to somebody. I'm surprised this article didn't include some reference to how Tim Kennedy is a legit NHL 1st line talent and the Sabres screwed him so that's why he's been stuck in the minors.

Beat me to it.

Wins in the NFL are hard to come by, even for the elite teams. Gailey should be happy about the win. If you feel otherwise,huh?

its a game, they won, they are happy with the outcome, which is all that matters in the NFL. so why are Bills fans so negative? the team only has 3 or 4 super tough games/sure losses on the rest of the whole darn schedule. This is not a SB team, but come on , IF IF IF they get healthy, I can see this team doing some real damage in the next couple months. What if JJ Watt blows an ACL next week, what if Matt Schaub gets blown up and suddenly can't play against the Bills ,... what if Welker takes one more shot like he did.. etc etc. never know in the NFL. Lots of teams losing star players right now... what will they look like in a month while the Bills are getting healthy?? Man you gotta get positive... if we are healthy for the last 8 games I see a lot of very competitive games against bottom 20 teams. Get happy people. We ain't going to the SB , but if healthy, we will be in every game other than Texans and Pats, IMHO> and I am humble.

First of all, he's dead wrong about what Gailey said. Bucky was just lazy and didn't really understand. Gailey said "If I had to do it all over again, I'd run it." Gleason took that to mean he'd do it again. But Gailey meant he would have called a run, not run it again. It's obvious he did because he also said "It was a bad call" on my part. And said he would have run it in other interviews, and that the "team bailed the dumb coach out".

C'mon, really? You left out this part:

“If we hit that, we’re all talking about what a great call it is ... when we don’t, it was a dumb call ... so it was a dumb call.”

"It didn't work so I guess it was a bad call" is what every coach says when they want to move on to the next question. It's basically code for "fans/media are too elementary and stupid to separate process from outcome" when evaluating a call.

Frankly that's true for a lot of people based on the ridiculous criticism of a 25 yard pass to an open Stevie Johnson late in the Giants game last year. But for those of us reasonable people who defended that call, it is a little insulting when coaches talk like that (Gailey is certainly not the only one).

I don't hear anyone bitching about how Arizona didn't deserve the win against the Pats* just because Gostkowski missed a makeable 42-yard FG as time expired, and after they inexplicably gave the ball back to the Pats* with time running out.

Did you read every article about the game from the Arizona Republic? I didn't and I still heard what you didn't.

Edited by BuffOrange

Kelso's Helmet, I totally disagree with you; Bucky is spot on with his piece. Gailey is 13-25 in his tenure with the Bills and does not possess the most important quality of a head coach, the ability to make the best use of the talent on hand. He is now demonstrating this to Bills fans (I am one) on a weekly basis.

Kelso's Helmet, I totally disagree with you; Bucky is spot on with his piece. Gailey is 13-25 in his tenure with the Bills and does not possess the most important quality of a head coach, the ability to make the best use of the talent on hand. He is now demonstrating this to Bills fans (I am one) on a weekly basis.

Which would be fine, if it was a column about Gailey's tenure. But it was a column reflecting on the results of the Arizona game, in which a TON of Bills played well. Yet, somehow, none were mentioned.

I am going to stop reading the News soon anyway

You have 4 articles left before we require registration. Paid subscriptions will go into effect 10/29/2012

To read That crap? No, don't think so.

Mularkey who taught him to spell? and who says malarkey anymore?.......Oh wait.

Edited by bowery4

I am going to stop reading the News soon anyway

You have 4 articles left before we require registration. Paid subscriptions will go into effect 10/29/2012

To read That crap? No, don't think so.

Mularkey who taught him to spell? and who says malarkey anymore?.......Oh wait.

I have 5 readings left before I never read the news again.

You're so lucky.