Chan Was Impressed - But R You ??

T master

Well we have another win & a win is a win in the NFL , but just how far does that go ??

Will we be more impressed next week if we win against the Titans ?

Alls i saw were the plays that were on the web site , we got some play out of the guys that should be making plays any way & as far as you Kelsay haters i think your all nuts the guy just brings it every down !! I didn't get to see any of the game but from the out put of Fitz i would say that experiment should be over !!

If all's you can do is hope that the guy manages the game & doesn't manage to throw it away (pun intended) then it's time to do something . Question how long would he have lasted under another coach ??

WE NEED MORE OUT PUT FROM THE QB POSITION !!

The only one that needs convincing at this point is his coach .

Don't get me wrong I was all about Fitz being our QB at one point , he's definitely smart & he's tough i'll give him that , yet it almost seems to be the same type of situation that happened to Edwards .

Edwards was doing OK until he got his bell rung & that was it , Fitz did well up until he got hit last year in the Redskins game then it all went down hill & now it seems as though he can't pay to make a good pass ??

Bottom line is we need a first rate QB not a First class QB . Fitz is a first class type of guy , a great team mate & a hard worker but maybe just a good #2 QB . When it comes down to the game on the line he ain't that guy !

I think we have the talent , but is just having the talent enough ? It's easy to be impressive on paper but are we as Bills fans as impressed as our coach ??

Edited by T master

It's not a QB team, there are 52 other players on this team..Fitz played very good in the Pats game, it was our defense that cost us that game, not Fitz.. Now nothing amazing happened yesterday from Fitz, but nothing amazing happened from Freddy or Spiller either.. Should we cut freddy cause he fumbled the ball and isn't averaging the 7 yards a carry we thought he would..? Everyone needs to calm down..We have one receiver on this team in Johnson, Jones is not a good #2, and our O-line is banged up..We should be running the ball 40 times a game..The way people act you would think we lost yesterday because Fitz didn't throw 4 touchdowns like we are used to from him.. I was impressed with the whole team yesterday and I think it was exactly what they needed to get back some confidence, I'm glad Gaily called the wildcat pass and it got Intercepted, because we needed to prove we could stay in a fight and not get knocked out..It was just what the doctor ordered, and that should go into next weeks game.. Just because we didn't start our 6-0 does not mean we are done with, EVERYONE in our division is 3-3 so should everyone trade their QB's..? I was impressed with our defense the most I am happy for them..We get a win next week and we will be 4-3 heading into the bye week...Relax people..

I'm not impressed that Chan was impressed.

I'm not the Chan fan I once was. His blind/stupid loyalty to sub-par player/friends will doom him and set us up for more misery.

In another thread, some posters put it exactly as I thought after the win: The Bills won in spite of Chan, not because of him.

BA

Edited by Bud Adams

I'm not the Chan fan I once was. His blind/stupid loyalty to sub-par player/friends will doom him and set us up for more misery.

In another thread, some posters put it exactly as I thought after the win: The Bills won in spit of Chan, not because of him.

BA

The way I see it, Chan lost the game, but Byrd saved it. Chan should look back at that game and see how he royally screwed up, and he should feel bad.

He should be impressed that if that kick went 2 inches to the right there would be a firestorm calling for his head. But it didn't, and his season has been "salvaged".

After we spotted them three points by coughing up the ball on the FIRST PLAY FROM SCRIMMAGE.

After whats-his-face put one through from SIXTY ONE YARDS.

Three points decided that game, and they were fortunate to get six.

Fitz threw behind so many receivers that if he completed a few of those I don't think the game is close. Players were getting open and he was missing them.

Spiller needs to get the ball more.

Nice turnaround after playing like crap last two weeks......JMO

I agree with the OP regarding Kelsay...guy plays well and takes alot of $h-- from fans. Aside from not keeping contain on a few plays he did really well.

As far as Fitz goes- I wanted to be a big fan of his. I love that he runs downfield and throws blocks, his work ethic,toughness, smarts, blue collar attitude, etc...but to the poster that said something along the lines of "expecting him to throw 4 TD's a game...", I really don't think thats the case, at least not from my perspective. My problem with Fitz is him throwing the ball behind receivers and into the ground (ill give him a pass for having several balls batted down at the LOS). We complain about our receivers, but i argue that Stevie was open all game. had Fitz hit him in stride on half of the throws, he would have thrown for 4 TD's, but more often than not Fitz underthrew, threw behind, or completely missed on many of his passes.

If this was how the San Francisco game played out I would have been impressed. I'm glad they won, but I'm not impressed. It's the Cardinals. Kevin Kolb (modern day Rob Johnson) started. The Cardinals have one of the worst tackle tandems in the league. Their offensive line has allowed the most sacks in the league so far this season. No, I'm not impressed.

Personally, at the beginning of the season I expected more of this team against the Cardinals. I expected something more on the lines of the Redskins game last season in Toronto. That was what I expected. I will admit that after the Patriots, and Niners debacles I thought this team would lose to the Cardinals, and they almost did.

Sadly, our two choices are miraculously find a diamond in the rough in the draft, since we are never bad enough to get a quality QB (reliably), or go for Flacco in FA this off season (and he's not exactly elite, though he's better than Fitz, probably).

Not awfully impressed. I'm seeing really really dumb calls game after game and when we win we win in spite of them. I see a defense that has a lot of talent but has a tendency to give up when facing adversity. I see a sporadic passing game.

On the plus side we have a very good running game which is a huge asset, and the defense has a lot of talent which should gel under competent coaching.

Nine wins Chan..nine wins. It is certainly possible.

Sadly, our two choices are miraculously find a diamond in the rough in the draft, since we are never bad enough to get a quality QB (reliably), or go for Flacco in FA this off season (and he's not exactly elite, though he's better than Fitz, probably).

I agree with this. With severe injuries to Lewis, Webb and possibly Ngata, Baltimore will look more than mortal for the rest of the season. Flacco likely will be forced into shootouts, and his production will take a hit. But I think he's OCEANS better than Fitz. He might not be "elite," but he's had some elite games. I can't say the same about Fitz (at least not that I recall).

As for the draft, for me, it's Geno or bust. I'm done with "developmental" QBs.

BA

No, I'm totally unimpressed. The 31st ranked defense squared off against the 29th ranked offense and the 16th ranked offense sqared off against the 13th ranked defense.

The good news is the Bills defense held the Cardinals to under 200 yards rushing. The bad news is between Kolb and their 3rd & 4th string RBs, they lit the Bills D up on the ground for 165 yards. Mind you, we're talking about the NFL's 23rd ranked rushing attack.

Edited by Dr. Trooth

In another thread, some posters put it exactly as I thought after the win: The Bills won in spite of Chan, not because of him.

BA

You got it, Bud!

I used to be a Chan fan, but he has lost my admiration.

Fitz has regressed, and I wonder if the David Lee mechanics course has confused his Harvard brain. His arm has always been a weak point, but I thought fixing his mechanics would help. He has become a less accurate, weaker-armed QB since lat year.

hey look at this, another "our team is great, but our QB sucks" thread...only the 10th on the first page.

Is there really another story ??? Uhhhhhhhhhhhh no ther isn't.

Not awfully impressed. I'm seeing really really dumb calls game after game and when we win we win in spite of them. I see a defense that has a lot of talent but has a tendency to give up when facing adversity. I see a sporadic passing game.

On the plus side we have a very good running game which is a huge asset, and the defense has a lot of talent which should gel under competent coaching.

Nine wins Chan..nine wins. It is certainly possible.

If it takes him two years he'll get those nine wins !! That boy is determined ........and impressed