CJ spiller is elite

The way I see it is CJ spiller is the best player on our team. He demands the attention of the defense and he needs to be used more.

-he makes the players around him better

- the big slant catch that stevie had was from the LBs being held in place by the play action to spiller (he did it against KC too)

-has been the only player on our team that seems to have that just freak raw talent with his speed and acceleration out of his cuts.

why does chan not realize that when CJ is on the field the team moves the ball even if CJ is not getting it?

very frustrating that our best player only gets 12 carries and 4 catches. while our below average QB throws 32 passes to mediocre WRs...

CJ has 60 caries on the season for 453 yards, 7.6 YPA. Thats good enough for 10th in yards while only touching the ball 10 times a game!

NFL rushing stats

We should be running the ball 40 times a game letting our defense get as much rest as possible.

Run the ball chan!

Ps. I like the wild cat when we run out of it.

Edited by buffalover4life

Remember the infamous quote from Reggie Bush about juking in the NFL? And how it doesn't work? He was right....you have vision and make cuts and use speed and break tackles. EXCEPT...CJ Spiller jukes people in the NFL. Love this man

I agree that he's been playing pretty good ball for most of this season and the last half of last season, but he's going to have to do it for a couple seasons before I can throw around the word "elite". Hopefully we can keep him long term. :)

I only saw the 4th quarter. 2 and 27 I think. Spiller gets 6 then runs out of bounds with daylight ahead of him. Even the announcers wondered about it. Does he always play like that? I can't picture Fred making that move.

The guy I was watching the game with said "Maybe he thought that was the first down marker." That's actually pretty believable. I couldn't figure out why he didnt cut to the middle either. He very likely was not going to get the first down though, there were three guys in front of him.

He's been incredible though.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

I only saw the 4th quarter. 2 and 27 I think. Spiller gets 6 then runs out of bounds with daylight ahead of him. Even the announcers wondered about it. Does he always play like that? I can't picture Fred making that move.

CJ doesn't like contact, and didn't have room to get the first down. So he ran out of bounds. Perfect example of why we give Freddie the ball during short yard, gut check runs.

I agree that he's been playing pretty good ball for most of this season and the last half of last season, but he's going to have to do it for a couple seasons before I can throw around the word "elite". Hopefully we can keep him long term. :)

You can "elite" at RB pretty quickly. It's not like most positions. CJ is "elite"

If not for FJax he would consensus #1 pick next year in fantasy. As is he'll be on that top tier "elite" picks. And it's not just fantasy...he's up there in actual football

Edited by TheNewBills

The way I see it is CJ spiller is the best player on our team. He demands the attention of the defense and he needs to be used more.

- the big slant catch that stevie had was from the LBs being held in place by the play action to spiller (he did it against KC too)

-has been the only player on our team that seems to have that just freak raw talent with his speed and acceleration out of his cuts.

why does chan not realize that when CJ is on the field the team moves the ball even if CJ is not getting it?

very frustrating that our best player only gets 12 carries and 4 catches. while our below average QB throws 32 passes to mediocre WRs...

We should be running the ball 40 times a game letting our defense get as much rest as possible.

Run the ball chan!

:worthy::beer:

The guy I was watching the game with said "Maybe he thought that was the first down marker." That's actually pretty believable. I couldn't figure out why he didnt cut to the middle either. He very likely was not going to get the first down though, there were three guys in front of him.

He's been incredible though.

I thought the same thing. CJ ran out directly at the stick like that was what he was aiming for. As he ran out, it seemed like he realized what he did with a big head tilt backwards. Woops...

CJ is elite.

He was putting up Madden numbers before he got hurt. I didnt like when we drafted him that high because we had other needs but he has proven himself worthy of the high pick.

He now in his 3rd year is the best player on offense. I think Chan has to man up and make him the starter so he is on the field as much as possible.

This is no diss on Fred. I love the guy and what he has done. But C.J. THIS yr has outplayed him so far.

Let CJ earn that check.

CJ is elite.

He was putting up Madden numbers before he got hurt. I didnt like when we drafted him that high because we had other needs but he has proven himself worthy of the high pick.

He now in his 3rd year is the best player on offense. I think Chan has to man up and make him the starter so he is on the field as much as possible.

This is no diss on Fred. I love the guy and what he has done. But C.J. THIS yr has outplayed him so far.

Let CJ earn that check.

Totally agree. Fred was great last year and granted, he's been banged up but its a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately league, and Spiller clearly is DEVELOPING into an elite back.

Edited by It's in My Blood

I think Chan doesn't want to upset Fred by minimizing his touches. We extended fred, knowing he has been hurt and aging, now our coach, who has a ton of other issues to deal with, doesn't want to disrupt team chemistry by creating a "starting" RB controversy. Unfortunately, the truth has slapped everyone in the face, CJ Spiller is the best back on this team, he is our biggest weapon and needs to be in the game as much as possible. Chan knows it, but he doesn't know how to implement it.

Run the ball chan!

This

I think Chan doesn't want to upset Fred by minimizing his touches. We extended fred, knowing he has been hurt and aging, now our coach, who has a ton of other issues to deal with, doesn't want to disrupt team chemistry by creating a "starting" RB controversy. Unfortunately, the truth has slapped everyone in the face, CJ Spiller is the best back on this team, he is our biggest weapon and needs to be in the game as much as possible. Chan knows it, but he doesn't know how to implement it.

Is this you Chan lol

Forget feelings CJ has out played Fred. Whats hard about it. Plus Fred can be used on the goalline, he is the bigger back.