So much for free trade

Pete

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/11/business/global/us-sets-tariffs-on-chinese-solar-panels.html?_r=0

Free Trade is a euphemism for no workers rights, no unions, and no compliance with environmental standards and protocols such as Kyoto. It doesn't apply to banks, insurance companies, nor the auto industry. Tariffs and free trade are mutually exclusive. And now they are protecting big energy so us citizens cannot get the market price for solar energy.

"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism called because it is the merger of state and corporate power." -- Benito Musollini

I concur.......And tariffs are horseshit

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nytimes.c...anels.html?_r=0

Free Trade is a euphemism for no workers rights, no unions, and no compliance with environmental standards and protocols such as Kyoto. It doesn't apply to banks, insurance companies, nor the auto industry. Tariffs and free trade are mutually exclusive. And now they are protecting big energy so us citizens cannot get the market price for solar energy.

"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism called because it is the merger of state and corporate power." -- Benito Musollini

The market price for solar energy includes China subsidizing (dumping) panels sold in the U.S.? With this post alone you are now in the class of Ducky (DiN) BF4L and several others.

The market price for solar energy includes China subsidizing (dumping) panels sold in the U.S.? With this post alone you are now in the class of Ducky (DiN) BF4L and several others.

so you are in favor of tariffs? Do you think the US practice's free trade?

so you are in favor of tariffs? Do you think the US practice's free trade?

Let me put this in perspective. Are you happy that China's solar panels made Solyndra's panels too expensive? Also, what do you think of WalMart?

Edited by 3rdnlng

Now?

Just because he doesn't come around too often ...

Your all or nothing, if you're not at one extreme you're at the other extreme, analysis makes you unworthy of serious consideration.

what in pray tell have I been opposite extreme about? Please enlighten me about my other views

:lol: You don't actually know what "free trade" means, do you?

You dumbass---you want cheap solar panels subsidized by China's government but hate WalMart, who's suppliers are not government subsidized.

thank you for the kind words. What I want is the US to practice the free trade that they profess continually. Actions, not words please. And do you think Walmart products (undoubtedly from China) are not subsidized by the Chinese government? Let me repeat, if we profess free markets, let practice what we preach. !@#$ tariffs. !@#$ Walmart

:lol: You don't actually know what "free trade" means, do you?

I gave my definition. What is yours?

thank you for the kind words. What I want is the US to practice the free trade that they profess continually. Actions, not words please. And do you think Walmart products (undoubtedly from China) are not subsidized by the Chinese government? Let me repeat, if we profess free markets, let practice what we preach. !@#$ tariffs. !@#$ Walmart

Foreign government-subsidized merchandise dumped on the market at below-market price to drive domestic competition out of business is the antithesis of free trade, you unbelievable moron.

Foreign government-subsidized merchandise dumped on the market at below-market price to drive domestic competition out of business is the antithesis of free trade, you unbelievable moron.

I think 36 hour shifts, .10 labor an hour, and beatings if you don't produce X amount to drive domestic competition is free trade. We don't seem to have a problem with that though

And your statement reeks of the Walmart business practice

I gave my definition. What is yours?

Answer my question, you idiot. You either like WalMart or not. Take a stand.

Once again thank you for the kind words. I obviously have an IQ under 30. And I think I have made my feelings about Walmart abundantly clear. What didn't you understand about "!@#$ walmart"? Maybe I was too ambiguous

I think 36 hour shifts, .10 labor an hour, and beatings if you don't produce X amount to drive domestic competition is free trade. We don't seem to have a problem with that though

And your statement reeks of the Walmart business practice

Do you have a link for these working conditions? Would you be for eliminating tariffs if Walmart sold the panels? What if Mom & Pop's Corner Store was the only one who sold them?

The disconnect you seem to be having (which is being compounded by people ridiculing you rather than explain you error) is that free trade implies trade without leverage, intervention, subsidization, or tariff from either partner, as the market has already been distorted by external forces once any of these is applied, thus making the exchange no longer market based.

Free trade with China is impossible because of the price tinkering they do in order to create strategic market imbalance which destroys the domestic production of their trade partners.

I'm not generally an advocate or tariffs as a blanket policy, but as a retaliatory policy in these situations, I favor it out of necessity.

Do you have a link for these working conditions? Would you be for eliminating tariffs if Walmart sold the panels? What if Mom & Pop's Corner Store was the only one who sold them?

http://www.corpwatch.org/article.php?id=13550 And I am against all tariffs, bailouts, and any form of protectionism. No matter if it's Walmart, or my local store

The disconnect you seem to be having (which is being compounded by people ridiculing you rather than explain you error) is that free trade implies trade without leverage, intervention, subsidization, or tariff from either partner, as the market has already been distorted by external forces once any of these is applied, thus making the exchange no longer market based.

Free trade with China is impossible because of the price tinkering they do in order to create strategic market imbalance which destroys the domestic production of their trade partners.

I'm not generally an advocate or tariffs as a blanket policy, but as a retaliatory policy in these situations, I favor it out of necessity.

Very nice to hear from a civil poster who can lucidly explain their position. Thanks. Yes, I agree free trade is impossible with China. They manipulate their currency, so on that fact alone there is no free trade with China. But they are our biggest supplier, and the largest holder of US debt. Candidates and politicians talk big talk about going after China. But China holds all the cards. And not to mention, I am looking to convert my place to all solar : )

http://www.corpwatch.org/article.php?id=13550 And I am against all tariffs, bailouts, and any form of protectionism. No matter if it's Walmart, or my local store

Very nice to hear from a civil poster who can lucidly explain their position. Thanks. Yes, I agree free trade is impossible with China. They manipulate their currency, so on that fact alone there is no free trade with China. But they are our biggest supplier, and the largest holder of US debt. Candidates and politicians talk big talk about going after China. But China holds all the cards. And not to mention, I am looking to convert my place to all solar : )

Since free trade is impossible with them are you against tariffs for China, specifically on solar panels?

Since free trade is impossible with them are you against tariffs for China, specifically on solar panels?

I reiterate "And I am against all tariffs, bailouts, and any form of protectionism. No matter if it's Walmart, or my local store"