Every time the Bills lose I say, I'm not watching them this Sunday

Dude i am so with you. I would never even consider not watching! I am already depressed only 14 games left!

BTW, I am also one who loves to be outside and enjoying the fall weather. I never watch a 1Pm game live..always DVR that puppy and watch later in the day..and if you are not in Buffalo there reall is very little chance of hearing the score. Sit down bout 5 to watch the game, do a little cooking for Sunday dinner, skip the commercials and be done at 7.

4 oclock games bout the same, start watching at 5 but usually caught up to live bout 6.30.

This is what I do as well. Even if the Bills were good I'd be doing the DVR thing, watching NFL games live is excruciating.

I'm sticking to it. They have stolen many, many Sundays from me. I'm not watching them again until they're over .500. And it actually feels good to say that, to not spend 4+ hours and money on beer/food at a bar (I live out of town) to be slightly hungover and overly disappointed. I haven't missed a Bills game in years either, so I'll let you know how it goes just getting ESPN updates from the phone.

This totally lame, but I TIVO away games and delete them if we lose. I watch home games live in full regalia unless the weather is good -- then TIVO those as well. Never saw a down of the Jets or SanFran games (!!) . As far as I am concerned based on what I've seen, we're 2 - 1 !! Matter of fact, we were undefeated last year, now that I think of it...Lame, but it keeps me sane. I've been at this a lot longer than most of you... Yay!! go bills!

This is what I do as well. Even if the Bills were good I'd be doing the DVR thing, watching NFL games live is excruciating.

Right.. even with live games, I don't get on the TIVO until 2 or so, so as to avoid all the commercials and crazy 10 minute timeouts injuries, play reviews and all the other garbage that pretty much ruin live football.

I still watch live every week. I only record if I have to be out of the house during the game. Regardless of win or lose, I always watch. Probably always will. It's in my blood.

So does every single person here who claims they aren't going to watch anymore. Sure they might not for a week or two, but they always come back.

I forgot to mention a funny story about watching the games when I was in the Army. I was a Master Sergeant and there was this Captain that used to like to come over and watch the games since he did not have the Sunday Ticket. He would bring the wings, so it was all good except that he talked and yelled at the TV like they could hear him the whole game. During one particularly putrid Bills performance, I switched to the Yankees game and told him the Bills weren't worth my time that day. He got pissed off and took his wings and left, lol. Yes, that's right, he actually took the leftover wings with him. He never came back for another game. Years later, after I retired, I saw him at an AUSA convention in Washington D.C. and he was still blind to their ineptness, going on and on about what a great QB Bledsoe was. This was the later Bledsoe that used to throw the ball into the ground. What a maroon. I laugh every time I think about that guy.

I don't understand how you can be a big enough fan to stalk these boards during the week, but not watch on Sundays. No matter how they are doing, I couldn't find a more enjoyable 4 hours during this time of year. Food, beer, and buffalo bills football is a great combination

I reach the point every season lately that I DVR the game, then watch it after I have enjoyed a Sunday afternoon. It doesn't make me any less of a fan.

I'm sticking to it. They have stolen many, many Sundays from me. I'm not watching them again until they're over .500. And it actually feels good to say that, to not spend 4+ hours and money on beer/food at a bar (I live out of town) to be slightly hungover and overly disappointed. I haven't missed a Bills game in years either, so I'll let you know how it goes just getting ESPN updates from the phone.

I took a similar stance on the Sabres last year... I vowed not to watch them again, until they won 3 consecutive games....needless to say, I missed most of December and early January..it wasn't so much the money issue (I had already committed to paying for Center Ice package for the season), it was just the pain of spending (wasting) 9-12 hours a week on something that was bringing nothing positive, in the slightest, to my life, was just too much.

I don't know if I can make the same pledge on the Bills, but I do spend significantly less time obsessing over them. It is good... I want them to win as much as anyone (I think they will beat the Cardinals this week!), but dissecting the same problems, week after week, year after year is just tiring... but good luck!

It's hilarious that people take the time to come on a Bills board to say they aren't going to watch the game. Cool story but no one really cares. There's 16 games and I'll watch them all. As frustrating as they are, they are my team. Plus, it's the best excuse to drink on a Sunday. :beer:

It's hilarious that people take the time to come on a Bills board to say they aren't going to watch the game. Cool story but no one really cares. There's 16 games and I'll watch them all. As frustrating as they are, they are my team. Plus, it's the best excuse to drink on a Sunday. :beer:

I like that you position this as I'm some kind of drifter who just sought out a Bills' board to tell everyone that I wont be watching the game this week. I've been following these boards for well over 7 years. I'm 30 and for the past 13 seasons, I've drank every Sunday and watched every game. All I'm saying is at one point you have to put your foot down. There is no return on investment here. The last winning season we had was 12 years ago. They're an inferior product for the umpteenth time. I didn't say I'm not watching them for the rest of the season. I said get above .500. They need to actually earn some respect, from the top down.

I don't understand how you can be a big enough fan to stalk these boards during the week, but not watch on Sundays. No matter how they are doing, I couldn't find a more enjoyable 4 hours during this time of year. Food, beer, and buffalo

bills football is a great combination

^ This. exactly how i feel