Richmond, VA Bills fans bat signal

Hey all, just a note to those who went there, Mulligans in the Fan has closed. where will we go now?

I will miss the good times with people whose name I could never remember but knew as friend for 16 Sundays.

The highlight of my 5 and a quarter seasons was last years Patriots win.

The low lights were too many to list on the field, the decline in food quality and service, and John selling the place were just the beginning of the lowest light of all. So, where too now???

BTW for those who don't know, early season and big games drew upwards of 50 Bills fans in to one side room of a bar in down town Richmond. it was a great time.

go to sports page in midlo...great wings, used to have a nice crowd of Bills fans...disclaimer, i moved away 2.5 years ago, so this was what it used to be

Hey all, just a note to those who went there, Mulligans in the Fan has closed. where will we go now?

I will miss the good times with people whose name I could never remember but knew as friend for 16 Sundays.

The highlight of my 5 and a quarter seasons was last years Patriots win.

The low lights were too many to list on the field, the decline in food quality and service, and John selling the place were just the beginning of the lowest light of all. So, where too now???

BTW for those who don't know, early season and big games drew upwards of 50 Bills fans in to one side room of a bar in down town Richmond. it was a great time.

Did he sell all of the Mulligan's? There used to be one with a lot of Bills fans in Chesterfield as well. There was also the Mulligans in Mechanicsville. I think, as I speak for myself as well, that most of us that used to go to the Chesterfield Mulligan's have long since switched to the Direct TV route to watch games. I love my man cave, but I always had a great time at Mulligans, as well, watching with some other Bills fans.

Just moved here but I know O'Toole's on Forest Hill on the Southside has the Ticket. I watched the shredding there last week. Big rectangle bar that is divided by a wall. Didn't eat but a few choice beers on tap. I'll go if you guys do. If you find another place, please let me know.

Some of us migrated to Home Team Grill on Sunday afternoon. Four of us sat at a table in the middle of the room and watched the game. It's about five or six blocks further west on Main St. Gene talked to the manager and is going to try to call them to work something out. But he is going to the game on Sunday so this wouldn't start till after the bye week IF anything gets arranged.

Gosh - have been in Richmond 21 years and had no idea there were so many Bills fans here! I don't normally go out to watch them play (tend to listen to them on Sirius so I can hear the home town call) but when I have I've gone to Big Al's off of Cox Road in Short Pump. Admittedly there weren't many other Bills fans there.....

a few of us were at baily's on broad last week and there is a facebook page open for richmond, va Buffalo bills fans, but i cant find it yet. Finding a bar with the ticket is easy, finding a bar that makes us feel special, lol, is the hard part.

Mulligans went down hill over the past few years and the nail in the coffin ended up being, ironically, the VCU run to the final four. That allowed the former owner, who happened to be a Bills fan, to pay off some debts and also made the bar attractive to the dude who would buy it and run it into the ground.

With out the former owners passion, the place flat lined.

Either way we should all look for someplace that is willing to cater to us, preferably not Hometeam grill, they suck. Gonna talk to Bandito's, cause they have a side room and better beer special than Mulligans. I could do O'tooles if they can guarantee good tv's. Will be tough to replace the viewing we had at mulligans, but better food, beer and service should be easy.

BTW Dirtbag...your screen name says it all. :)

Edited by RichmondRob

• 2 weeks later...

I am open for suggestions on a new bar. As one of the longest tenured Mulligans faithful it will be missed but the food always did suck. I had James and Jim at my house last Sunday for the game. If anybody want to try to organize something I am up for that. Also, I was thinking about throwing a Bills bash at the new house but was not sure how many would come to Hanover (near Bass Pro). So Message me or call me and let me know. I will follow up with Gene and see what his thoughts are. I hoping we can stay north of the river.

Pat

I'm here in Syracuse but I've heard a LOT of good things about Richmond, VA. What's life like in the FAN?

Do you guys like it there? Are you all originally from WNY/CNY?

Do any of you go to University of Richmond & VCU sporting events?

Howard, what would you care? According to you, these people aren't even really Bills fans:

"If you're in NYC or FL or CA, etc, then you're not feeling these losses like we do up here in CNY/WNY. Was the Bills game even on broadcast television in NYC? It was here in Syracuse - it always is! But the opinion of someone in New York City doesn't matter to me! Buffalo/Southern ONT/Rochester/Syracuse/Jamestown. If you're a Bills fan from these areas then your opinion counts because you're in the Bills biggest fan base/regional area".

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Richmond sounds like an interesting place to live. And I'm heavily interested in college sports.

SU beat USF 37-36 last night. I swear, I see it so many times - either the SU Orange football team W/L record is close to the Buffalo Bills record and/or the scores from their latest games are close. The Bills score was 35-34 last Sunday.

Wow!

I'm here in Syracuse but I've heard a LOT of good things about Richmond, VA. What's life like in the FAN?

Do you guys like it there? Are you all originally from WNY/CNY?

Do any of you go to University of Richmond & VCU sporting events?

Originally from Williamsville, left after HS in 1978. I came down here in '91 via NJ and was asked to go back to NJ in 2000 and changed jobs so I could stay here. Terrific place to raise a family, hot in the summer, but you get used to it, pretty temperate winters, we typically get one snow a year (which shuts the place down for a day or two). Relatively low taxes, decent schools outside of city itself, etc.

• 2 weeks later...