Baseball playoffs

KD in CA

I heard Joe Buck say in one of the last two nights that AT&T is one of the loudest places to play in baseball. That sucks for you. I know you don't like that noise and probably are wondering why he would even bring it up.

Mike Harrington wrote an article in Sunday's Buffalo News about the difference between old and new Yankee Stadium and yes crowd noise was mentioned. The Yankees really ruined a great thing:

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20121020/SPORTS/121029888

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Joe Buck say in one of the last two nights that AT&T is one of the loudest places to play in baseball. That sucks for you. I know you don't like that noise and probably are wondering why he would even bring it up.

Mike Harrington wrote an article in Sunday's Buffalo News about the difference between old and new Yankee Stadium and yes crowd noise was mentioned. The Yankees really ruined a great thing:

http://www.buffalone...PORTS/121029888

And I was pissed because I couldn't hear the announcers call the game on the radio. Yeah and once again people do go to Yankee stadium anymore because it's not loud enough. :rolleyes:

http://www.buffalone...PORTS/121029888

Yes crowd noise was mentioned but not as the reason people don't go to the game as you indicated. People don't go because it's quiet, it's quiet because people don't go.

I wouldn't want to face the tigers right now...they are clicking on all cylinders. That said...the way the giants fought back against the nats and the cards I'm not sure what will happen.

Good luck to the fans of both teams. We Yankee fans will see y'all next year!

Edited by The Poojer

I wouldn't want to face the tigers right now...they are clicking on all cylinders. That said...the way the giants fought back against the nats and the cards I'm not sure what will happen.

Good luck to the fans of both teams. We Yankee fans will see y'all next year!

Oh I think the Giants are the ones clicking on all cylinders the Tigers have been parked in the garage getting cold the past five days.

Edited by Chef Jim

The layoff could be a factor... I hope its a good series. Would love to see lincecum and verlander go at each other in historic fashion

Oh I think the Giants are the ones clicking on all cylinders the Tigers have been parked in the garage getting cold the past five days.

The layoff could be a factor... I hope its a good series. Would love to see lincecum and verlander go at each other in historic fashion

It ain't gonna happen with Lincecum. Dude's lost it this year. I think the best dual would Verlander and Zito or Vogelsong. Though Cain is the ace and didn't give up a run last night he struggled in that game. The Giants will keep Lincecum in the bullpen for the series if they were smart.

Yes crowd noise was mentioned but not as the reason people don't go to the game as you indicated. People don't go because it's quiet, it's quiet because people don't go.

Whatever you say. The Steinbrenners can come out and say we effed up, the atmosphere here sucks, and you'd still twist it to your liking.

Whatever you say. The Steinbrenners can come out and say we effed up, the atmosphere here sucks, and you'd still twist it to your liking.

Loser fans. The place isn't loud enough and the atmosphere sucks so you don't go to the ballpark. I'm tired of this lame conversation.

So am I. You're the one who stuck yourself in the middle of Yankee fans who know what they're talking about.

Just ignore the articles, videos and firsthand experiences and stick to your guns no matter what.

And, who said they don't go to the ballpark. I live in Buffalo, but I've been there several times. I was there for the World Series. Will you be going to any games in the next week?

So am I. You're the one who stuck yourself in the middle of Yankee fans who know what they're talking about.

Just ignore the articles, videos and firsthand experiences and stick to your guns no matter what.

And, who said they don't go to the ballpark. I live in Buffalo, but I've been there several times. I was there for the World Series. Will you be going to any games in the next week?

Ok I'm not done. You're absolutely right you folks know more about the situation as Yankee fans. Originally my take was I thought it was hilarious that the excuse that was used for the reason for the empty seats was acoustics......it's just not loud enough. Then other fans chimed in, articles were presented and low and behold it comes out that some of the reasons there were empty seats at a PLAYOFF game was......."waaah, we don't like our new stadium" and then it became a reflection on Yankee fan. Seriously, you don't go (not you per se, but Yankee fan in general) because of the ambiance of the new stadium?? Have you been to or seen the Oakland Coliseum? That massive piece of cement makes the Ralph look and feel the the Taj Mahal. And then there's "waaah, we're no longer right on top of the field." At the Coliseum if you're in row one on the first base side you need binoculars to see who's playing first. But guess what. Place was packed for the playoffs (ok, ok they didn't take the tarps off the upper deck but you get my point). So yes, this now becomes more of a bag on the Yankee fans. Followers of one of the greatest sports franchise in American history not going to games because they're appear to be spoiled brats.

And to your last points. Who said they don't go to the ballpark? Umm, the empty seats say they don't go to the ballpark. If the seats are too expensive I might see that but most of what I heard from you and others is the reason people don't go was because of the acoustics and ambiance. Weak. And to your last question. No, I won't be going seeing there won't be any seats available because Giants fans are not spoiled brats. They're like excited little children on Christmas eve.

i am with you on this...i enjoy going to camden yards because of the ambience of the stadium, but that is the ONLY reason I would go to a non-yankee game there...when i go to yankee stadium it is SOLEY to watch the yankees play....i pay ZERO attention to the noise level(maybe not entirerly true, i do notice when the place is raucous at the right time)...but man, noise level is not the reason i choose to or not to go to a baseball game...i'm there for the game and the product on the field. And no one can tell me different....Yankee Stadium is a great place!

Ok I'm not done. You're absolutely right you folks know more about the situation as Yankee fans. Originally my take was I thought it was hilarious that the excuse that was used for the reason for the empty seats was acoustics......it's just not loud enough. Then other fans chimed in, articles were presented and low and behold it comes out that some of the reasons there were empty seats at a PLAYOFF game was......."waaah, we don't like our new stadium" and then it became a reflection on Yankee fan. Seriously, you don't go (not you per se, but Yankee fan in general) because of the ambiance of the new stadium?? Have you been to or seen the Oakland Coliseum? That massive piece of cement makes the Ralph look and feel the the Taj Mahal. And then there's "waaah, we're no longer right on top of the field." At the Coliseum if you're in row one on the first base side you need binoculars to see who's playing first. But guess what. Place was packed for the playoffs (ok, ok they didn't take the tarps off the upper deck but you get my point). So yes, this now becomes more of a bag on the Yankee fans. Followers of one of the greatest sports franchise in American history not going to games because they're appear to be spoiled brats.

And to your last points. Who said they don't go to the ballpark? Umm, the empty seats say they don't go to the ballpark. If the seats are too expensive I might see that but most of what I heard from you and others is the reason people don't go was because of the acoustics and ambiance. Weak. And to your last question. No, I won't be going seeing there won't be any seats available because Giants fans are not spoiled brats. They're like excited little children on Christmas eve.

i am with you on this...i enjoy going to camden yards because of the ambience of the stadium, but that is the ONLY reason I would go to a non-yankee game there...when i go to yankee stadium it is SOLEY to watch the yankees play....i pay ZERO attention to the noise level(maybe not entirerly true, i do notice when the place is raucous at the right time)...but man, noise level is not the reason i choose to or not to go to a baseball game...i'm there for the game and the product on the field. And no one can tell me different....Yankee Stadium is a great place!

And don't get me wrong a raucus stadium really adds to the experience but to stay away because the place doesn't rock anymore is ridiculous. Kind of like a Yankee from the past that said "no one goes to that club anymore, it's too crowded."

2012 attendance: 20 Oakland 81 1,679,013

20,728 NY Yankees 81 3,542,406 43,733

Horrible example.

I'm pretty sure that somebody mentioned a whole bunch of reasons. Jim pulled out the acoustic thing as being the reason and saying how stupid. I just said It's true, and suddenly I'm saying that is the reason for any Yankee attendance problems.

It's the whole thing added together. I don't even know if it's not as loud because of acoustics or because only a corporate crowd could afford the prices, which is the biggest problem.

Prices were just as high in 2009 for Yankee tickets, but I paid the price to go.

I know there's a lot of game left but it looks like the layoff hurt the Tigers. I mean their "ace" gave up an RBI single to Zito who batted .075 for the regular season? :o

3 AB 3 HR.......hmmm, not a bad start to the series Panda. :blink:

Edited by Chef Jim

WTF - where was this Verlander against the Yankees?!?

He found himself facing a team that has been knocking the cover off the ball of late. They've scored 21 runs in the first four innings of the last five games. I heard that on the radio tonight on the way home from work after the game so I think I got that right.