FWIW: Whitner commentary on Bills coaching

iommi

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chandler should have a big game vs the Whitner I know

Yes - can we all agree that if Chandler has a good game, the Whitner debate is over?

Donte always had lots to say, but that wasn't exactly the problem as I saw it. He was always pointing fingers - either at coaches, fans, but NEVER at himself. Yes, he has a big heart but he's also a weak-minded whiner. Very irritating.

Winners win...losers lose. You have to get a coach who knows winning and who reviles losing and is willing to do what it takes to win. Coughlin has what it takes...kick him in the teeth early in the season and he comes out the other end in the playoffs and sometimes as super bowl champ. Now..who is learning under that system..hmmm...Perry Fewell?

Whitner was hated here mainly because a large segment of fans were butt-hurt that we didn't draft Ngata. They held this against Whitner, instead of "rooting for the laundry." I hated the pick as much as anyone, but once he was taken, you root for a player on your team to succeed. Many here rooted for his failure so they could prove they were right.

As for dickless jauron, at no point ever in his entire coaching career has he ever put anyone in a position to succeed. He jerked around and got the absolute least out of a decent amount of talent on this team. I honestly don't understand how this worthless coach still has an NFL job. Its baffling. It's sort of like government jobs. dickless simply has an NFL job because he's always had one, not because he's actually any good or has any coaching talent.

Donte was on the radio this morning out here in the Bay Area. The gist of what he said is that management (not coaching) was the problem in Buffalo. They don't value the players really or seem to care about them. Out here, managemwent interacts with the players and seem to get involved on a more personal level. It is more of a "family" type atmosphere and players feel better about going out and playing. He said it was hard to motivate because of the situation in Buffalo.

He didn't really bad mouth coaches or players.

Donte was on the radio this morning out here in the Bay Area. The gist of what he said is that management (not coaching) was the problem in Buffalo. They don't value the players really or seem to care about them. Out here, managemwent interacts with the players and seem to get involved on a more personal level. It is more of a "family" type atmosphere and players feel better about going out and playing. He said it was hard to motivate because of the situation in Buffalo.

He didn't really bad mouth coaches or players.

Those comments are somewhat reminiscent of Coy Wires statements (although a tad nicer even regarding managament) when he left B-LO.If my memory is correct.