I'm betting Mr. Wilson made a phone call this morning

Hah! Ralph has brought you nothing but misery huh? That's rich...

Don't watch if that's how you feel. See, it's a really, really easy fix. You either learn that nobody in this world owes you a darn thing (some people call this becoming an adult), and that it's up to you to create your own happiness in life, or you can rely on outside influences to determine your happiness. You've chosen to do the latter. Guess what...when you give control over your happiness (or misery) to someone or something else, then you live with whatever happens that's beyond your control.

I honestly can't believe that there are that many people that would rather make themselves miserable (and yes, you're doing it to yourself) over a football team and it's owner.

Listen, I love the team too, and witnessing the Bills winning a Superbowl would be a dream come true...I simply choose not to let my life be ruined when they lose--even to New England, by 24 points, at home.

By the looks of this thread, that puts me in the minority...I'm okay with that.

Nothing but misery, that's correct. Every regular season win brings me even more misery knowing that we'll be out of contention for a true franchise quarterback. 5-11, 6-10, 7-9 EVERY YEAR!! And that's all I've seen. Oh yea, when I was in 3rd grade I got to witness the Music City Miracle. My fondest memory.

And you and I both know (as well as everyone else on this board) that you can't simply just stop watching this team. Every Sunday (and Thursday Nov. 15th) i'll be back to cheer these pathetic excuses for professional football players. OR as Tom Brady would say "B#tches".

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing but misery, that's correct. Every regular season win brings me even more misery knowing that we'll be out of contention for a true franchise quarterback. 5-11, 6-10, 7-9 EVERY YEAR!! And that's all I've seen. Oh yea, when I was in 3rd grade I got to witness the Music City Miracle. My fondest memory.

If that's true, then I truly feel sorry for you. You're still young, but I'll bet that some day soon, you'll realize that there is indeed more to life than football.

You know why I'm a fan? Because even a bad day at Ralph Wilson Stadium is a great day. Family, food, friends, and football...it truly doesn't get any better.

And you and I both know (as well as everyone else on this board) that you can't simply just stop watching this team. Every Sunday (and Thursday Nov. 15th) i'll be back to cheer these pathetic excuses for professional football players. OR as Tom Brady would say "B#tches".

I think what you mean is that you simply cannot stop watching. I know many people that have over the years...and it really isn't that hard.

If I loathed my Bills-related existence as much as you seem to, I'd stop watching for sure.

But I don't.

If that's true, then I truly feel sorry for you. You're still young, but I'll bet that some day soon, you'll realize that there is indeed more to life than football.

You know why I'm a fan? Because even a bad day at Ralph Wilson Stadium is a great day. Family, food, friends, and football...it truly doesn't get any better.

I think what you mean is that you simply cannot stop watching. I know many people that have over the years...and it really isn't that hard.

If I loathed my Bills-related existence as much as you seem to, I'd stop watching for sure.

But I don't.

We're 2 completely different fans. Watching this team on Sunday afternoons is not a social event. I go out on Friday and Saturday nights to be social. I watch all games by myself. It's almost an addiction. I do loathe being a die hard fan of the worst run and worst coached organization in sports. But i'll be here next Sunday on the same couch watching the same outcome.

But I don't.

you seem not to understand that it's possible to root for a team because of its affiliation with an area and simultaneously hate the ownership of such team. it is entirely possible and entirely rational. In fact its quite common, i believe, among bills fans. just because you say it isn't doesnt make it so.i have stopped watching the team...many times, usually about the 1/2 way point of the season for the last decade. i rarely go to games and the last few have been away games mostly cuz i don't want to give the jerk a penny if i can avoid it. i bought direct tv this year but only in light of the fact that sunday ticket was free and i wasn't happy with cable. i have a neon bill over my bar cuz i like the look of it and i'm nostalgic. hopefully it's a knockoff and wilson didn't get any royalty money.btw, i beg to differ on wilson not profiting from unwilling people. wasn't the stadium built and improved with tax dollars? wasn't that done in response to a threat from wilson to move the club if it wasn't done? Were all the area taxpayers in support of ascquiescing? i seem to recall that they weren't.there are many different types of fans. one telling another that he is a better or worse fan is entirely subjective but i would put forth that a fan that is happy with a team that is a perennial loser is not entirely rational.

Normally, I'd let something like this go, chalk this response up to you up to being an angry little child, and go about my day.

For some reason, today, I feel some unwarranted need to respond. So here it is:

He's not clueless, nor has he robbed you of anything, and to say so is nothing short of ignorrant. You're not even exaggerating to say he's robbed people, you're flat out wrong. He hasn't. He may not put out a product that you are satisfied with, and guess what, that's his prerogative. Tickets, merchandise, etc. for his football team do not come with a money-back guarantee, nor are you required to purchase their goods/services. You choose to be a fan, or not to. Either way, you do so KNOWING that you have no guarantees of satisfaction...none whatsoever.

Anyone who feels robbed by Ralph Wilson or the Bills should look in the mirror and realize that they have nobody to blame but themselves for feeling that way. You can walk away any time you like, and it doesn't make you less of a person. If you choose to stick around, and then feel robbed by the product that gets put out, then it was YOUR mistake to support the team in the first place. Move on if that's how you feel.

Moreover, to insinuate that his death is going to be a good thing is more than childish, it's embarrassingly absurd. Football is a game. You may love the Bills (and hey, I do too), but grow up and get real. You have loved ones too, and if anyone said that they'd be happy when your loved ones died, I'd hope you'd take that as fighting words and confront that person.

If you feel that slighted by him, then walk away...if you stick around, knowing that he still owns the team, and you still feel slighted, that's your fault.

Look in the mirror.

This "true fan" stuff is over the top for me. I'm a true fan, and yes, I live for football Sundays.

I don't hate Ralph, as I know fully well that it's my decision to follow this team. If I didn't like him so much that I wished for his death, like some posters here, I simply wouldn't cheer for his team.

But then again, I tend to try to do things that make me happy.

You clearly don't get it...some people were upset by yesterday's game, therefore Ralph is evil and must die...

\sarcasm

Really? So Let's say I own a restaurant and you've come in for years. It was a nice restaurant, nothing fancy just some good grub. There were actually a few years where I ramped the place up, got some great reviews and even won some awards. But the past several years it's pretty much sucked. I even gave several persons food poisoning. But in your weird world that is somehow your fault?

it's almost got to the point where I want to stop coming to TwoBillsDrive so that they can't make ad revenue off of my clicks.

You DO realize that twobillsdrive.com is NOT owned by the Buffalo Bills, don't you...? :unsure:

We're 2 completely different fans. Watching this team on Sunday afternoons is not a social event. I go out on Friday and Saturday nights to be social. I watch all games by myself. It's almost an addiction. I do loathe being a die hard fan of the worst run and worst coached organization in sports. But i'll be here next Sunday on the same couch watching the same outcome.

It would appear so. I also go out to be social. To me, it's not an addiction, it's an infatuation.

you seem not to understand that it's possible to root for a team because of its affiliation with an area and simultaneously hate the ownership of such team. it is entirely possible and entirely rational. In fact its quite common, i believe, among bills fans. just because you say it isn't doesnt make it so.i have stopped watching the team...many times, usually about the 1/2 way point of the season for the last decade. i rarely go to games and the last few have been away games mostly cuz i don't want to give the jerk a penny if i can avoid it. i bought direct tv this year but only in light of the fact that sunday ticket was free and i wasn't happy with cable. i have a neon bill over my bar cuz i like the look of it and i'm nostalgic. hopefully it's a knockoff and wilson didn't get any royalty money.btw, i beg to differ on wilson not profiting from unwilling people. wasn't the stadium built and improved with tax dollars? wasn't that done in response to a threat from wilson to move the club if it wasn't done? Were all the area taxpayers in support of ascquiescing? i seem to recall that they weren't.there are many different types of fans. one telling another that he is a better or worse fan is entirely subjective but i would put forth that a fan that is happy with a team that is a perennial loser is not entirely rational.

I actually have said multiple times in this thread that I understand liking the team but not the owner...I am unsure as to where your confusion on my stance lies.

And for the record, there is a difference between being miserable with a losing team, and choosing to be a happy person despite a losing team. Yes, I'll be happier with a winning team on the field, but I refuse to be miserable, like others, when they don't win.

EDIT: I missed your comment about robbery through taxes...your erie county elected officials agreed to the taxes. If you don't like that, vote them out of office. If you don't want to pony up tax dollars next time around, vote down those in favor of putting up the money. No different than any other local tax in the county.

Now, if you want to debate whether or not taxes are a de facto robbery of citizens, then we're in the wrong forum...that's a PPP thread (and a good one I'll bet), but I don't have the patience for that board.

Really? So Let's say I own a restaurant and you've come in for years. It was a nice restaurant, nothing fancy just some good grub. There were actually a few years where I ramped the place up, got some great reviews and even won some awards. But the past several years it's pretty much sucked. I even gave several persons food poisoning. But in your weird world that is somehow your fault?

Uh, no, and it's not what I said.

In your example, it's your fault if he food sucks. It's MY fault if I go there, hate the food, but keep going back and complaining about the food, even though I know what I'm in for, simply because I used to like the place.

Get it now?

Edited by thebandit27

You may have been joking, but many here actually believe that...

Exhibit A:

I can tell you, for certain, that you are completely incorrect.

As a fan I stand by my jaded opinion until proven otherwise. When has he made any public appearances? Addressed fans or the media ? Anyone reporters made comments that they have spoken to him ? No one has a clue what is going on at Bills HQ because nothing gets out to the fans.

And pb topic I'm sick of Ralph refusing to comment or talk about what the future plans are for this team. It's asking an awful lot of fans to have blind faith and keep supporting a franchise when we don't even get enough respect to have any of our valid concerns addressed for future ownership and location.

If you happen to somehow be a friend or family member I don't mean any disrespect and you will obviously have more inside info than I ever will. But as a fan its frustrating. I want to know there is a stable ownership plan and this isn't weekend at Bernies.

And yes...Ralph robs every citizen in Erie county. We subsidize his franchise with millions of dollars in tax revenue but he won't even sell the naming rights to his stadium to offset the costs...just keeps asking for more.

Maybe you can shed some light on the inner workings of the organization so we all have a better idea what is going on?

As a fan I stand by my jaded opinion until proven otherwise. When has he made any public appearances? Addressed fans or the media ? Anyone reporters made comments that they have spoken to him ? No one has a clue what is going on at Bills HQ because nothing gets out to the fans.

And pb topic I'm sick of Ralph refusing to comment or talk about what the future plans are for this team. It's asking an awful lot of fans to have blind faith and keep supporting a franchise when we don't even get enough respect to have any of our valid concerns addressed for future ownership and location.

If you happen to somehow be a friend or family member I don't mean any disrespect and you will obviously have more inside info than I ever will. But as a fan its frustrating. I want to know there is a stable ownership plan and this isn't weekend at Bernies.

And yes...Ralph robs every citizen in Erie county. We subsidize his franchise with millions of dollars in tax revenue but he won't even sell the naming rights to his stadium to offset the costs...just keeps asking for more.

Maybe you can shed some light on the inner workings of the organization so we all have a better idea what is going on?

Those two statements don't really seem in concert with each other.

And as for the inner workings or what I know or don't know...well, there are things I'm willing to share, and things I'm not.

Rest assured that, if/when Ralph decides certain that certain information should become public, it will be made so.

Ralph should call himself and demand that he hire a professional GM and coaching staff.

Yes!!! This!

Ralph went WAY too many years making poor decisions. The only time he was successful was more luck....'even a broken clock is right twice a day'.... than anything else. You can't make poor decisions for a decade than spend $$$ and solve it in a year or two.........

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.” - Vince Lombardi

FOCK!!!! :wallbash:

Go Bills!

Edited by Cville Bills

Those two statements don't really seem in concert with each other.

And as for the inner workings or what I know or don't know...well, there are things I'm willing to share, and things I'm not.

Rest assured that, if/when Ralph decides certain that certain information should become public, it will be made so.

yet you completely ignore and fail to address the substantial taxpayer subsidies wilson has enjoyed over his miserable tenure as owner of the regional and state supported buffalo bills. where is the payback? don't those same taxpayers deserve some reasonable expectation of a subsidized product that they can have some measure of pride in?

as to your question of where my confusion on your stance originates, i refer you to your comment about who the bigger fool is. it implies that you can't differentiate between following a team and an owner. i'm perplexed by your confusion on that issue.

EDIT: I missed your comment about robbery through taxes...your erie county elected officials agreed to the taxes. If you don't like that, vote them out of office. If you don't want to pony up tax dollars next time around, vote down those in favor of putting up the money. No different than any other local tax in the county.

yes, that's how i imagine this discussion going down at obd: pretty much the boardroom equivalent of tom brady's comment about bills fans this sunday.

yet you completely ignore and fail to address the substantial taxpayer subsidies wilson has enjoyed over his miserable tenure as owner of the regional and state supported buffalo bills. where is the payback? don't those same taxpayers deserve some reasonable expectation of a subsidized product that they can have some measure of pride in?

as to your question of where my confusion on your stance originates, i refer you to your comment about who the bigger fool is. it implies that you can't differentiate between following a team and an owner. i'm perplexed by your confusion on that issue.

Or you can go back and re-read my post:

Now, if you want to debate whether or not taxes are a de facto robbery of citizens, then we're in the wrong forum...that's a PPP thread (and a good one I'll bet), but I don't have the patience for that board.

Your "expectation" as a taxpayer is that you receive the product that they are taxing you for; in this case: the stadium. Your taxes go toward leasing the stadium, not paying Mario Williams his signing bonus.

As to my statement before, it's really very simple. If you're supporting the team in any way, you're supporting the owner. They aren't mutually exclusive.

yes, that's how i imagine this discussion going down at obd: pretty much the boardroom equivalent of tom brady's comment about bills fans this sunday.

And yet, you get a vote in the process...

Or you can go back and re-read my post:

Your "expectation" as a taxpayer is that you receive the product that they are taxing you for; in this case: the stadium. Your taxes go toward leasing the stadium, not paying Mario Williams his signing bonus.

As to my statement before, it's really very simple. If you're supporting the team in any way, you're supporting the owner. They aren't mutually exclusive.

And yet, you get a vote in the process...

interesting that you can see building a stadium and financially supporting a team (that has almost exclusive use of that stadium) as two separate and distinct entities but not see being a fan of a team and supporting its owner that way.

"those statements don't really seem in concert with each other".