Hire Eric Mangini As A Defensive Consultant

Yep,The same reason our current DC was out of the league, in fact the same reason our head coach was out of the league. At this point what's to lose? 2nd tier is 2nd tier.

I wonder if his role in spygate - exposing it, has hurt him in any way in job search with teams.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I wonder if his role in spygate - exposing it, has hurt him in any way in job search with teams.

I think he's out of the league because he was a horrible HC in both NY and Cleveland. His players quit on him. He carries no weight with the players. He was an DC on the pats for a season.

His role in spygate was that he had no problem with the videotaping while he was DC in NE. He suddenly had a problem with it his first season in NY.

Edited by Mr. WEO

I think he's out of the league because he was a horrible HC in both NY and Cleveland. He was an DC on the pats for a season.

His role in spygate was that he had no problem with the videotaping while he was DC in NE. He suddenly had a problem with it his first season in NY.

While his stint in NY ended bad, however he certainly wasn't a horrible HC with a team that performed over their talent level for quite some time .Taking them to the playoffs. Cleveland was really depleted on talent but they still somehow were still able to beat the Patriots just like what he did with the Jets!

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I like this iteration of the Bills I feel, even after today, that they could make the playoffs. They just need to put together full games.

They should've brought in a consultant at the end of the Jauron era and tried to move forward with a solid central philosophy (we are going to be X). The under lying issue of it all, the common denominator, is Wilson. You can't attract the Shanahans, Schottenheimers, Cowerds, or top flight GMs when the future of the franchise is completely unknown. It's not about the man being cheap, its not about him being a dotard, its about the succession plan being an unknown. Why would A+ talent and people come in only to be swept away after the regime changes?

While his stint in NY ended bad, however he certainly wasn't a horrible HC with a team that performed over their talent level for quite some time .Taking them to the playoffs. Cleveland was really depleted on talent but they still somehow were still able to beat the Patriots just like what he did with the Jets!

Herm Edwards did the same thing--3 times.

Why is that?

Say what you want about him BUT he knows how to scheme against our division. The main thing I saw in the Jets and Pats game is we were totally out schemed. The Patriots, Jets and Dolphins in different head coaching jobs he has had success against them.

Even though we have had some success last year, the division killed us. Gailey and his staff have been awful against the division as it has been for almost 13 years now. I think it might be even worse now but I have not looked that up.

I see Eric Mangini rotting away on television programs like Sportsnation and I say to myself it wouldn't hurt for Chan and Wannstedt to be able to pick his brain. IMO, Mangini could be an asset to this coaching staff to help us against this division. Mangini doesn't need to call the plays obviously but I think this coaching staff could benefit with helping Wannstedt in preparation throughout the week.

Mangini could also be on the sideline communicating with players, while the Stache is in the booth.

I like it ,the consultant usually becomes a coach :thumbsup:

if he became DC maybe our Defense wouldn't look like the running of the bulls.

I think Chan Can run the O he just needs a better QB but not sure he should stay HC.

Its looking like Wannstache is throwing the games in hopes of getting Gailey fired so he can take over....No defensive DC with as much experience as he has lets his defense play like t

hey did today.

Manginni as DC would be a huge upgrade.

Brian Billick as HC would be an upgrade.

Bill Cowher "the chin" as HC would be an upgrade. still under contract in TV

Marty Schottenheimer as HC would be an upgrade, and the guy could probably step in asap.

I just gotta wonder what this board is gonna be like after the next 2 games. AT SF and Arizona.....2-4.

THEN, Tenn, Houston, NE, Miami. so 3 -7

Perry Fewell should have been retained.....

And Bobby April given an interview for HC.

Fewell did good with what he had and what he did for Giants he would have done for us, we wouldn't have wasted 2 drafts on 34 players and we could have drafted JPP and John Skelton who I definitely wanted at the time (still would, may be we can trade for him now that Kolb is the starter)

I know we all want to overreact to today's game. But let me ask you this. Did you feel that our defense was impressive and keeping our team in the game at the end of the first half???

I know I did. They had the Pats to 7 pts. We were doing something right.

It was the adjustments made at the half which changed everything around. Don't toss out the stache after a few games. Give the guy a chance.

I know we all want to overreact to today's game. But let me ask you this. Did you feel that our defense was impressive and keeping our team in the game at the end of the first half???

I know I did. They had the Pats to 7 pts. We were doing something right.

It was the adjustments made at the half which changed everything around. Don't toss out the stache after a few games. Give the guy a chance.

"other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the show?"