Amazing Race is back!!

Just Jack

Thank God this most epic show is back! I did think the $2M angle was a bit of a stretch, thought the winners would be getting it outright. No real favs or hated teams here yet.

I would like to see a season where the 1st last team on the show gets to stay for one more leg. Non elimination. They go through so much to just travel to one country and go home a day or so later.

What do you guys think about this?

ps. loved the jr champion playing table tennis with a clipboard and other inferior playing tools.

I would like to see a season where the 1st last team on the show gets to stay for one more leg. Non elimination. They go through so much to just travel to one country and go home a day or so later.

What do you guys think about this?

ps. loved the jr champion playing table tennis with a clipboard and other inferior playing tools.

I came into this show kind of recently, so you'd have to ask a student of this show like AJ or look it up somewhere for the complete and accurate picture, but they have done a first-show non-elimination leg a couple times IIRC. Definitely when the Cowboys came in last in the Second Chances season premiere. And I may be misrembering it, but didn't the twins (IIRC they had Hawai'ian names and I don't remember when, but recent, maybe even last season), who walked w/in ~200 feet of Phil and the check-in... and then went wildly off track, get another go?

Fat blonde-Mohawk dude is already on my nerves. It never ceases to amaze... the people who go on this show and then can't be bothered to spend 10 seconds reading and fully understanding what they have to do in a task. Two helpings of frog Fallopian tubes BECAUSE YOU'RE !@#$ING STUPID!!!!!!

Edited by UConn James

I came into this show kind of recently, so you'd have to ask a student of this show like AJ or look it up somewhere for the complete and accurate picture, but they have done a first-show non-elimination leg a couple times IIRC. Definitely when the Cowboys came in last in the Second Chances season premiere. And I may be misrembering it, but didn't the twins (IIRC they had Hawai'ian names and I don't remember when, but recent, maybe even last season), who walked w/in ~200 feet of Phil and the check-in... and then went wildly off track, get another go?

Fat blonde-Mohawk dude is already on my nerves. It never ceases to amaze... the people who go on this show and then can't be bothered to spend 10 seconds reading and fully understanding what they have to do in a task. Two helpings of frog Fallopian tubes BECAUSE YOU'RE !@#$ING STUPID!!!!!!

I still think the Cowboys week 1 non-elimination was a last minute production save, a lot of viewers would've gotten pretty hot if they were bounced off the bat.

Other than that, Clippers I say leave as-is. The girl that lost this week was OK, but the guy was kind of a jerk, don't need to see him anymore.

You're right. I forgot about this one.

Damn. Second to dead last because of stevestojanny cab drivers. I was really rooting for this team. That's just an amazing competitive spirit and kudos to AR for being TOTALLY inclusive to people with disabilities... and then have them show the world that they're more "able" than many.

This team had better be offered a slot in the next Second Chances race.

Damn. Second to dead last because of stevestojanny cab drivers. I was really rooting for this team. That's just an amazing competitive spirit and kudos to AR for being TOTALLY inclusive to people with disabilities... and then have them show the world that they're more "able" than many.

This team had better be offered a slot in the next Second Chances race.

I was very surprised that they weren't given a non-elimination pass.

Still have no favs or hated teams yet, though the Hindu girls really need to STFU already.

as a side note...friends of ours will be on the next season....they just got married yesterday...I have never watched the show....should be interesting.

Excellent, congrats to your friends!

100% with you on the disabilities thing....I not only love that AR gives them the opportunity to compete, but I love how often they take the opportunity and just run with it. Same holds true for some of the senior racers that have been on the show....I love seeing the diversity among the contestants and I will almost always be quietly encouraging them as i watch them on the screen. Some of these tasks are grueling, and seeing the competitive spirit come out is really a thing to see. That's partly whey I get so perturbed when the whole "ugly American" attitude starts to creep in with some of them....as I've said before, even though I'd love to win that much money, in this case the journey TRULY would be the reward for me. I don't expect them to stop and smell the roses while they're racing around the world, but at the very least, be mindful of the tremendous opportunity you have and don't allow petty crap to ruin the experience for you or others. This probably the one reality show where I really don't care if there is any drama. It does get interesting when you have a new relationship that is being put to the test by the race, but for me the greatest appeal of the show is living vicariously through the participants and they travel to places and experience things I never will.

So glad this show is back, and I hope it's got many years of life left in it.

Karma's a B word....good riddance, bimbos....

I get so sick of these morons who yell at people in other countries for not speaking English....so glad to see these dumbasses gone.

I get so sick of these morons who yell at people in other countries for not speaking English....so glad to see these dumbasses gone.

And they yell louder, like that's going to help you understand.

And they yell louder, like that's going to help you understand.

Complete ignorance....they weren't on the race very long, but they already rank up there among the most classless teams to ever be on the show.

Yeah, very classless indeed. Glad they got the boot! Next up, the annoying twins!

Yeah, very classless indeed. Glad they got the boot! Next up, the annoying twins!

Yeah, they're pretty annoying too. Who stops to try and see her reflection in the "U-turn" stand just to see if her hair looks okay? :doh:

I'll drink to that, they need to go. :beer:

Blond bimbos didn't bother me, I'm more glad that the dreaded U-turn didn't work on Mutt & Jeff, HATE that move.

Yeah, they're pretty annoying too. Who stops to try and see her reflection in the "U-turn" stand just to see if her hair looks okay? :doh:

Actually I think the twins are very funny. There is no team I hate right now. I'm just glad to have AR back. It is the best reality/competition show on tv.

Actually I think the twins are very funny. There is no team I hate right now. I'm just glad to have AR back. It is the best reality/competition show on tv.

Definitely agree on the 2nd part

Another week, another elimination.... I thought they would've saved a team by now. I wouldn't be happy if they give the Hindu girls or the douche with the blond mohawk another chance, they are both getting pretty annoying.

• 4 weeks later...

The teams this season aren't exactly the sharpest tools in the shed, at least to date anyways. I can see some losing teams from previous seasons just trouncing this bunch.

Agreed. Everyone knows that they should never keep their passports anywhere else than directly in their possession. Never keep them in your packs. You never see people writing down notes either, even though it seems like every season there is a "memory" road block at the end of the race.

• 2 weeks later...

Did I mishear it, or did the "twinnies" :barf: not call the Beekmans "the gays"? I'm by no means the PC Police, but c'mon, really?!

I cannot drive stick. Just not something I learned or would be able to do. So, AJ, you'd better be a master of the shift or it's no dice! It's just each limb having its own independent thing to do --- right hand on stick, left hand on wheel, right foot on gas/brake, left foot on clutch --- that gets me. I am awesome at any number of task activities, but I just am not coordinated enough for it.

I missed last week's episode of Holland. Will have to catch up on that, as I am half Dutch by heritage (my mum was born there). We've been logging some serious free time in the hospital as she had a major cancer surgery last week.

Did I mishear it, or did the "twinnies" :barf: not call the Beekmans "the gays"? I'm by no means the PC Police, but c'mon, really?!

I cannot drive stick. Just not something I learned or would be able to do. So, AJ, you'd better be a master of the shift or it's no dice! It's just each limb having its own independent thing to do --- right hand on stick, left hand on wheel, right foot on gas/brake, left foot on clutch --- that gets me. I am awesome at any number of task activities, but I just am not coordinated enough for it.

I missed last week's episode of Holland. Will have to catch up on that, as I am half Dutch by heritage (my mum was born there). We've been logging some serious free time in the hospital as she had a major cancer surgery last week.

I can drive a stick, as in a car. Lol My grandfather immigrated from Holland back in the early 1900s so I'm 1/4 Dutch. :-) Been wanting to go over to Holland some day. We have relatives that we still keep in contact with so it would be nice to get over there to see them.

Great finale, congrats to the Sheep Boys, what a shocker. I wasn't cheering for them till tonight, but I sure didn't like seeing the others team against them. VERY glad the Hindus didn't even place, STFU twinnies!

Edited by Rico

Watched it this morning, even knowing who won, I was still on the edge of my seat several times.

That flag challenge, I know I would have gotten three right off, France, Spain, and China. I wonder though if there were extra word flags to throw them off. Going back and checking the video, there were two extra phrases (9 flags, 20 phrases). So after getting the first two, doing the math, there was still 20,922,789,888,000 combinations. No wonder it took them hours to complete.