Jersey Retirement & Wall of Fame

uticaclub

Moorman is absolutely deservant of these honors. I hope he doesn't have to wait long, we should do it this weekend against the pats. I know its just a punter but he was the most athletic punter in the history of the NFL and the teams best player for the better part of a decade.

So basically ANYBODY who plays even just above average for more than a few years is gonna get on the Wall and his number retired now, is that it?

Bruce Smith...Jim Kelly....Ralph...Jack Kemp....and Moorman.

Yeah.....that makes sense.

Edited by RkFast

He's a punter. Not even a kicker. A freaking punter. Were talking about a punter. And to be honest, he was good in his day but he was only the best punter in the league for a few years at most if he even was the best. Just because we sucked as a team doesn't mean anything. He's not even that much of a standup guy. He was a bit of a prick if you've ever met him.

He's a punter. Not even a kicker. A freaking punter. Were talking about a punter. And to be honest, he was good in his day but he was only the best punter in the league for a few years at most if he even was the best. Just because we sucked as a team doesn't mean anything. He's not even that much of a standup guy. He was a bit of a prick if you've ever met him.

Whoa. Since that is such an egregious reversal of conventional wisdom, I must request either a link or, at the very least, a detailed explanation.

Moorman is absolutely deservant of these honors. I hope he doesn't have to wait long, we should do it this weekend against the pats. I know its just a punter but he was the most athletic punter in the history of the NFL and the teams best player for the better part of a decade.

no way

Whoa. Since that is such an egregious reversal of conventional wisdom, I must request either a link or, at the very least, a detailed explanation.

I've met him 3 times or talked to him 3 times and it was far from the happiest of conversations.

1 time I met him and Lee Evans at D&Bs when Lee had his show on Mondays with WGR as a weekly guest. Lee was always pleasant with me. I hung out with Lee and Brian at the bar afterwards. Lee would engage in conversation. Talk about the team and stuff. Brian was always silent. Got the feeling that he thought he was better than being there. Wouldn't talk to anyone except Lee. Kind of brushed people off. Seemed very egotistical.

Another time I went with my buddy to training camp. Brian was signing on the far/short side of the field at SJF. My buddy was a punter in HS and probably could have went to college for kicking/punting but he didn't care at the time. Anyway, he wanted to go get Mormans autograph because he lives punters. We went over there. Small crowd. Seemed like there was another hurdler there at the time. He was apparently coached by the same coach as Brian in college. He was trying to talk to Brian about it as he was getting a autograph. Brians only responses were in regards to trying to break this kid. He didn't believe he was coached by the same guy. He kept drilling Him about things inly the coach would do/know. You could clearly see he thought this kid was lying and he was trying to prove it. He had the attitude that he was better than him (same feeling I got at D&Bs years ago). This kid was even commenting after Brian walked away about how much of an @$$ he was acting like. He only wanted to talk to him about something they had in common and Brian wasn't having it. There was maybe 15 people in the entire area as it was already late into practice and most people had left. He could have been nicer about just letting this kid down if he just wanted to head back to the dorms. But he didn't. He had to try and show his ego here. Fwiw, I was a hurdler in HS (also good enough that I could have ran in college) and knowing about it, I could tell this kid wasn't lying about being a college hurdler.

Don't remember the 3rd time specifically. It was the first time I met him a long time ago. In another D&Bs type of environment, and I was not impressed with his reactions at the time.

If he's gotta go and sign autographs and doesn't like the fact that's he's gotta do it, that's fine. But this guy is a punter for christs sake. If people are coming to fill places up to get a punters autograph, regardless of how long he's been on the team or how popular he is, you'd think he was a little more appreciative for his fans. I never got that feeling. Always walked away with the impression he was better than that, better than me, and just plain egotistical.

It's my opinion of the man. He was a good player, but i've got no love lost that he's gone. He's an old guy that's just not that good anymore.

Yes, him and Van Miller, another name that comes up for Wall Of Fame.

Van deserves it. Was the voice of the Bills for many years. Whenever I think of the Comeback game, or the Super Bowls, I think of Van calling the plays or vice versa.