Bills O-Line - the New Broncos?

bbb

All I can say is Nix certainly had a blue print for building a team: Start at the lines (O-line is perhaps the best in NFL - leading rusher (before injury) - and a star studded D-line that is getting better every game, and which at the least stuffs the run regularly), and then goes out. I'm looking at the 2013 draft, and if we get up into the top of round 1 we can get a QB, and he'll have a good defense, a great O-line, and great RB's to look forward to. Not to mention a decent TE, and a current QB who would make an excellent mentor.

I have to say, although I've been frustrated with the lack of pursuit in getting a real franchise QB, if Nix's plan was to build a team ready to plug a QB into and be successful for years, then this does look like that.

I have to say, although I've been frustrated with the lack of pursuit in getting a real franchise QB, if Nix's plan was to build a team ready to plug a QB into and be successful for years, then this does look like that.

That would actually be a really good plan. I even think there are longer term plans for TJ, but I agree drafting a future starter at QB has to be top priority now. The rest of the roster looks solid.

despite being a favorite whipping boy on the board, he has had two seasons with 5+ yards per carry. hes not an all pro, but if you pull his 2011 season where he was bouncing all over the league.... hes not bad for a 3rd back

his first 3 years he had 222 carries for 1064 yards. an average of 4.8 before dallas cut him.

add in 53 catches for 426 yards (an 8 yard average).

tack on 8 tds those first 3 years......

he can be a solid role player.

IIRC the broncos lines were not huge guys and were zone blocking OL who benefitted from the system of a lot of roll outs and draws, etc. Replacing Bell with Glenn, IMO, makes the Bills line huge, with only Levitre not a massive player and he is just good. This team is being built well. Glenn is awesome so far. Hope he keeps it up.

I'd say there are three holes left between the current roster and being a great team assuming no one of great talnet leaves as a free agent they still need: an outside LB, a legit #1 or #2 receiver, and ideally an upgrade at QB. I'd prefer signing a free agent LB as that takes longer to learn, then bring in a rookie WR with a high draft pick, QB, that's a crap shoot, do you draft someone, sign a FA?? I don't think the Bills will be bad enough to be near the top of the 1st round, and trading up that far can be very expensive. Best chance may be to hope they get lucky with someone drafted in the 2nd round which to be honest, unless you're getting Andrew Lucks twin, you have about the same likelihood of success either way. I'd also like to see around a 3rd rounder on another RB