went to the farmers market today..

The Poojer

To get some chili ingredients... got what I needed plus...

Dude selling peppers had the big 3...maruga and Trinidad scorpions plus the ghost chile...so now I have a bunch of those as well...never tried them and I'm admittedly scared...might use one in chili and dry the rest..anyone use them

THANK YOU!!!

And, good luck on your chili...shoulda bought some grassfed beef!

I go to the farmers market almost every week. besides the beef, i recommend freshly killed chicken and farm fresh eggs. bought a chicken slaughtered the same day last weekend...it was amazing. the eggs taste different from store bought - bright yellow yolks. and it's nice to support and buy from your neighbors. another item to look for is fresh lemongrass. if you like hot, i assume you like thai food. might be hard to find in the fall, though.

I go to the farmers market almost every week. besides the beef, i recommend freshly killed chicken and farm fresh eggs. bought a chicken slaughtered the same day last weekend...it was amazing. the eggs taste different from store bought - bright yellow yolks. and it's nice to support and buy from your neighbors. another item to look for is fresh lemongrass. if you like hot, i assume you like thai food. might be hard to find in the fall, though.

<span style='font-size: 68px;'>

Thank you, too!</span>

Edited by jboyst62

I go to the market virtually every weekend when it is running. Sometimes it is just some fruit or others it is a feast galore. This past weekend was a walleye filet, package of chicken chirozo sausage, half dozen ears of corn, green and yellow string beans, big bag of kale, and a bag of Empire apples (waiting for the Winesaps).

Edited by BuffaloBud

I go to the market virtually every weekend when it is running. Sometimes it is just some fruit or others it is a feast galore. This past weekend was a walleye filet, package of chicken chirozo sausage, half dozen ears of corn, green and yellow string beans, big bag of kale, and a bag of Empire apples (waiting for the Winesaps).

That's the thing I miss the most since moving out of SF. The Ferry Building's farmers market. There's a good one in Berkeley too but then I'd have to set foot in Berkeley. Something about 60 year old grey haired ladies not wearing bras. WTF?!?!? :sick: