brett favre time?

Canks

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not in the league because he doesn't want to be a backup and because everyone wants a young, cheap prospect as their backup not a 41 year old vet. He's obviously not a long term solution, but neither is Fitz. I'm sure he's as good as or better than most backup caliber QBs in he league, Fitz included. Players of his ability don't just forget how to play overnight.

They may not forget how to play but they certainly can lose the ability to do it.

If fitz has another multi int game, don't you guys also think it would be worth it to bring Favre back? he'd be able to hit Graham on this deep slant routes. oooh yeah. I'd totes get his jersey!!

I wonder if we'd have to cut Moats first though? Think Favre would require that as a condition?

LOL! I'd rather see Jim Kelly come back - or Joe Ferguson. Come on man really?

He's not in the league because he doesn't want to be a backup and because everyone wants a young, cheap prospect as their backup not a 41 year old vet. He's obviously not a long term solution, but neither is Fitz. I'm sure he's as good as or better than most backup caliber QBs in he league, Fitz included. Players of his ability don't just forget how to play overnight.

If you want a parallel to the Favre/Fitz proposal. Look at Jets when they tossed Pennington, a QB that could be compared to FItz, for wonderboy Favre. How did that turn out? How many INTs did he throw? And what is it that we dislike about Fitz?

PTR

If you want a parallel to the Favre/Fitz proposal. Look at Jets when they tossed Pennington, a QB that could be compared to FItz, for wonderboy Favre. How did that turn out? How many INTs did he throw? And what is it that we dislike about Fitz?

PTR

And then the following year he went to Minnesota and had an MVP type season and brought them to the brink of the Super Bowl. So I guess that year with the Jets didn't mean what you propose after all.

And then the following year he went to Minnesota and had an MVP type season and brought them to the brink of the Super Bowl. So I guess that year with the Jets didn't mean what you propose after all.

What was Favre's last play that season? An unnecessary INT that cost Minny a Super Bowl berth. And what do we hate about Fitz?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Last time Favre was healthy he had an MVP worthy season. He's had time to heal & he can still sling it. Most guys couldn't handle it physically at his age, but this is Brett frigging Favre we're talking about. Sure, it'll never happen, but we should be so lucky.

+1

Someone make a post about bike riders on the road...if no response then our fears are confirmed.

Well we won't have to worry about that happening with Fitz since he will never sniff the playoffs.

I can see you saying how you don't care about about missing the Super Bowl because of one stupid INT. You're just happy to make the playoffs, like every Bills fan.

PTR

I can see you saying how you don't care about about missing the Super Bowl because of one stupid INT. You're just happy to make the playoffs, like every Bills fan.

PTR

No I was remarking that Fitz will never get us to the Super Bowl or even close.

PTR

You are the definition of the ALMOST THERE YES!!! fan as you defend a terrible team every year and make fun of the realistic fans, where is Jasper your man crush at now?

No I was remarking that Fitz will never get us to the Super Bowl or even close.

You are the definition of the ALMOST THERE YES!!! fan as you defend a terrible team every year and make fun of the realistic fans, where is Jasper your man crush at now?

Realistic?????. Is that what signing Brett Favre is? I'm the guy who is trying to keep it real while everyone is dreaming of QBs that are not coming here or are wayyyyy past their prime. Fitz is they guy for 2012. Accept it. Deal with it. No team is going to trade their pro bowl QB to us mid-season. Buddy Nix is not dragging some cadaver our of retirement. The draft is still 7 months away. I don't love Fitz any more than any other Bills player but can we just watch the games without leaving reality?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Nope. I'm the guy who is trying to keep it real while everyone is dreaming of QBs that are not coming here or are wayyyyy past their prime. Fitz is they guy for 2012. Accept it. Deal with it. No team is going to trade their pro bowl QB to us mid-season. The draft is still 7 months away. I don't love Fitz any more than any other Bills player but can we just watch the games without leaving reality?

PTR

So you have changed your "fitz is the man" tune that you previously had?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Go find any post where I said that. I dare you.

PTR

We need to set up parameters, but I would be willing to donate $ to a charity of your choice if I cannot. PM me with what you think is reasonable for "proof" as well as donation amount. I am doing this for fun since you are my favorite "Bills are great" poster and that is the honest truth.

what PTR is saying is RIGHT NOW, THIS YEAR Fitz is the QB. we won't be getting another QB mid-season. Realistically 2013 Draft is when the Bills pick a QB, not a Brett Favre, not a Drew Brees. Franchise Qb's dont grow and trees and getting them to come from other teams is like trying to get Bill Clinton to keep his pants on.

realistically Fitz may not take us to the SB. There is no reason to hate the guy though, if he gets us to the playoffs that will satisfy everyone here. We know he is not the future, but he is a easy to root for guy who can win us some games and help this team progress until the future at his position can get here. If he gets us to the playoffs that will satisfy everyone here Not because our terrible little team finally did it but because we'll finally see some progress and push our hopes and expectations to the next step. Gives us a reason to hope our small-market fan-crazy team can be what we all want them to be.

And BuffaloBillsSD, so if we make the playoffs and lose in one of the rounds, you would be a realistic fan and not defend the progress they've made?

And please why start with PTR? Guy is an excellent poster, a smart football fan, a generally nice dude and he is part of what makes this wall

correct me if i misunderstood

We need to set up parameters, but I would be willing to donate $ to a charity of your choice if I cannot. PM me with what you think is reasonable for "proof" as well as donation amount. I am doing this for fun since you are my favorite "Bills are great" poster and that is the honest truth.

Obviously you think you have something because you want to make a bet. I'll kick in $20 to your favorite charity, but let's set some parameters. You finding me saying Fitz "looked good" or "made a nice throw" or citing some positive stats doesn't qualify as me offering to bear his children, which you are accusing me of.

PTR

Obviously you think you have something because you want to make a bet. I'll kick in $20 to your favorite charity, but let's set some parameters. You finding me saying Fitz "looked good" or "made a nice throw" or citing some positive stats doesn't qualify as me offering to bear his children, which you are accusing me of.

PTR

Haven't looked yet, just going off our previous exchanges + your undying love. Your posts always give me hope during the inevitable downswings for what it is worth.