Romney's 2011 taxes

erynthered

most definitely Obama's, but the thread is discussing Mr R's tax rate and how it compares with (fill in the blank), not who broke a worse promise.

Start a flip-flop or gaffe power ranking thread, and maybe you could win some serious cash.

Effectively he made less money than he expected to and contributed too much. I don't see how this is really an issue?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does anyone have a problem with Romney amending his taxes to fulfill his promise of not paying less than 13%? If only everyone would follow through with what they say.

because it butts heads with the earlier statement that if he paid more taxes than he was legally supposed to, he shouldn't be running for office, and feeds the impression that he has no core

a. Romney is a greedy, tax cheat who most likely is a felon.

b. Romney is a very generous person who not only donated more than twice what he paid in taxes, but only deducted half of his donations.

Yeah, but he said if he paid more than he should, he's unfit for the presidency!

He paid all the tax that he was required to.

He took fewer deductions than he was allowed.

Two different issues.

So he gave X million and chose to claim deductions for X-Y of it.

He probably did adjust the amount he claimed to keep the leeches satisfied. Didn't work though. Did it?

He paid all the tax that he was required to.

He took fewer deductions than he was allowed.

Two different issues.

So he gave X million and chose to claim deductions for X-Y of it.

He probably did adjust the amount he claimed to keep the leeches satisfied. Didn't work though. Did it?

If he had only donated to charity half the money he did there would be no outcry here. I guess the people giving him a hard time think he should be less generous.

Myth didn't deduct all of his tax deductable contributions so that his tax rate met his goal of 14%? ergo paying more taxes than he should.

When Romney was ask about paying taxes, he stated he paid what the law requires and no more, if he would, he shouldn’t be president of the United States.

Well now, his 2011 tax is out and it shows that he has voluntarily elected to pay more taxes. Why would he do that? Maybe to keep him out of the 10 percent bracket? I think we ought to take him for his word and he shouldn’t be the president.

http://www.timesrepo...to-be-president

Time to step down Myth

So Sorry

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Myth didn't deduct all of his tax deductable contributions so that his tax rate met his goal of 14%? ergo paying more taxes than he should.

When Romney was ask about paying taxes, he stated he paid what the law requires and no more, if he would, he shouldn’t be president of the United States.

Well now, his 2011 tax is out and it shows that he has voluntarily elected to pay more taxes. Why would he do that? Maybe to keep him out of the 10 percent bracket? I think we ought to take him for his word and he shouldn’t be the president.

http://www.timesrepo...to-be-president

Time to step down Myth

So Sorry

Okay and I will hold O to his word, that if he doesn't turn things around he should be a one term president.

Now even the Tea Party is running away from the Tea Party!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/tea-party-hero-changes-tune-121058256.html

That is the biggest load of media bias I've readin a... Today.

1. It's there are parts of Obama care that no one ever disputed were good. It's repeal and replace you morons the replacement will keep the good.

2. Two.

1. It's there are parts of Obama care that no one ever disputed were good. It's repeal and replace you morons the replacement will keep the good.

2. Two.

Bull, the party of NO was against any changes to health care unless it was to take away peoples health care

2. Two.

The only reason the good stuff was implemented before the election was to make it look like it wasn't the country-killer it will end up being after the election.

Bull, the party of NO was against any changes to health care unless it was to take away peoples health care

You're an idiot.