What do you fellow hunters think of this?

kabnt2005

Junior Hunter Mentoring Program

Youth Firearms Deer Hunt

14-15 Year Old Junior Hunters can hunt Deer with a Firearm over the 3-day Columbus Day weekend

Resident and non-resident Junior Hunting license holders may take 1 deer with a firearm during the youth deer hunt.

Junior hunters may use a Deer Management Permit (antlerless-only), Deer Management Assistance Program tag (antlerless-only), or a regular season tag. During the youth deer hunt, junior hunters may use the regular season tag for a deer of either-sex.

The youth deer hunt will occur in both the Northern Zone and Southern Zone, except in bowhunting only areas and Suffolk County.

During the youth deer hunt, mentors may not carry a firearm, crossbow, or bow to pursue deer.

Junior Hunters may also use a crossbow during the youth deer hunt.

Rules for 14-15 year old Junior Hunters and their mentors outlined below, including blaze orange requirements, also apply during the youth deer hunt.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/46245.html

Not sure where you get that.. I see nothing about night hunting or set guns. In fact it's restrictive in that it allows no tree stands for gun hunters.

My mistake, I was skimming through and thought it said any firearm, crossbow, or bow. I wasn't refering to spotting, night hunting, or tree stands.

Bow opens Oct 1 so I may be able to arrange some fresh meat after that. Buddy of mine lives on lake ave. in OP and gets ton's of deer every season, bet I could talk him into dropping off some tenderlions at Hammer's.

Sounds good.

It would be cool, but I would require Lot's of photo's. I really think he would do it, if not I know others. They all owe me for AK hunting trips as well as being old NY buddies

You set it up for delivery and I will cook it.

I will ask my sister inlaw for her recipe. She has some fantastic ones.

Tenn game is out as I will have to be at mike's BBQ party and will not be at hammers

Junior Hunter Mentoring Program

Youth Firearms Deer Hunt

14-15 Year Old Junior Hunters can hunt Deer with a Firearm over the 3-day Columbus Day weekend

Resident and non-resident Junior Hunting license holders may take 1 deer with a firearm during the youth deer hunt.

Junior hunters may use a Deer Management Permit (antlerless-only), Deer Management Assistance Program tag (antlerless-only), or a regular season tag. During the youth deer hunt, junior hunters may use the regular season tag for a deer of either-sex.

The youth deer hunt will occur in both the Northern Zone and Southern Zone, except in bowhunting only areas and Suffolk County.

During the youth deer hunt, mentors may not carry a firearm, crossbow, or bow to pursue deer.

Junior Hunters may also use a crossbow during the youth deer hunt.

Rules for 14-15 year old Junior Hunters and their mentors outlined below, including blaze orange requirements, also apply during the youth deer hunt.

http://www.dec.ny.go...door/46245.html

I am pumped, my 14 is also excited to get an early chance at tagging one.

I have friends in NY who live by that motto. They even get "nuisance" permit's to shoot deer at night.

Farmers in NC do not need permits. You just can't pick them up, move them, or disturb the carcass. There are people who go around and just sit out and kill kill kill. You can come across some farms with a dozen dead.

I am pumped, my 14 is also excited to get an early chance at tagging one.

Why are you pumped? I personally don't like it because it's going to kill the rest of bow season right off the bat. The deer are going to go nocturnal and bed down all day earlier than usual (before rut even starts).