Cleveland Tailgating help

PaattMaann

I am going to Cleveland for the game this weekend...staying over on saturday and will be at the lots early....BUT, ive never been and know nothing of the setup with the lots...I dont think its like The Ralph...

anyone ever been and have any advice on what lot is kosher to party in? Also what time lots open and fill up?

Thanks in advance!

No plans yet, but take a look at:

http://prod.static.b...Parking_Map.pdf

Compare that to this:

https://maps.google...., Ohio&t=m&z=16

A few years ago, the largest Bills contingent was in the yellow lots on the NW part of the map - specifically, the inlet corner above the "y" in "Walkway". Kenny (Pinto Ron) and his crew were in this area, which is probably the main reason why Bills fans congregated here.

You'll hear people talk about the "Muni Lot" (Municipal Lot), which I believe is east the Southeast Gate, but it seems like that's not an ideal place to tailgate anymore:

http://fox8.com/2012...espite-warning/

Our plans are still up in the air - my gf and I are going with a group of Browns fans, so I'm not necessarily steering the ship. I WILL be flying a Bills flag, regardless of where we are though.

Edit - no clue why my links aren't working. Copy/paste

Edited by Just Jack
Not sure why URLs aren't working either.

You will want to get down there early. There's not a whole lot of parking for a 72,000 seat stadium and the lots fill up quick. The parking here in Cleveland is nothing like the Ralph, where you have a series of lots and lawns. Of course, you guys are 15 miles outside your downtown area.

The two for Bills fans to avoid are probably the Muni Lot (southeast of the stadium and across East 9th Street) and what we call "the Pit" which is close to the stadium, down the hill from West 3rd. The Pit is usually not a good visitors lot. I mention the Muni Lot because the cops have really been cracking down on the drinking (so they say).

Edited by TheFourHorsemen

You will want to get down there early. There's not a whole lot of parking for a 72,000 seat stadium and the lots fill up quick. The parking here in Cleveland is nothing like the Ralph, where you have a series of lots and lawns. Of course, you guys are 15 miles outside your downtown area.

The two for Bills fans to avoid are probably the Muni Lot (southeast of the stadium and across East 9th Street) and what we call "the Pit" which is close to the stadium, down the hill from West 3rd. The Pit is usually not a good visitors lot. I mention the Muni Lot because the cops have really been cracking down on the drinking (so they say).

Thanks for the info. I'm driving up from Columbus so I might Lear an hour earlier than expected now as we want to fin a nicespot.

I will be in lot 20 and have my bills flags flying high by a red chevy blazer. If anyone wants to stop by, feel free!

We are leaving buffalo around 5/5:30am, i read the lots fill up fast, if we are there by around 8:30/9:00 should that be ok in your opinion (the four horseman). Thanks for your help.