Who To Watch - Sept 13-15 College Players by Game

Astrobot

QB

I'm high on Barkley, Marqueis Gray, Sorenson, Tyler Wilson, Keith Price (doubt he declares), and Geno Smith.

I'm lukewarm on EJ Manuel, Zac Dysert, Aaron Murray, Tyler Bray, and Aaron Murray.

I'm cool on Landry Jones.

WR

I don't think anyone has distinguished himself as a RD1 for the Bills. Robert Woods, I guess.

OLB43

Jarvis Jones and Barkevious Mingo RD1

Chase Thomas and CJ Moseley RD2

S

Kenny Vaccaro and TJ McDonald RD1

Shawn Williams RD2-3

I have upped our need for a RB to P4 at DraftTek. It now reads:

P1=QB

P2=WR

P3=OLB43

P4=TE, RB, OC, DE43, ILB, SS, CB

All others are P6 or P9.

This doesn't mean the computer assigns us a QB automatically in RD1. If the next available QB is way down the Big Board, it looks at WR's, then OLB43's.

Va tech is down to pitt right now, Logan Thomas not doing so well.

its too bad we have to wait till next week to see our future qb

Bill, watch Antoine Hopkins, the DT, and Becton, the LT for VaTech.

Let me know what you think.

Pitt has TE Mike Shanahan, and he just scored. Bruce Taylor OLB for Va Tech ain't all that, and Thomas just hasn't looked good ...surprised.

early in the Season, though.

Edited by Astrobot

I will be watching usc vs uab tonight, and MD vs MSU. Next week will be fun cause my pick for best qb of this class, GENO SMITH, will finally be on tv.

Also, ya'll keep an eye on Shaq Rowland WR from USC (south carolina), he's a true freshman, but a talent to keep an eye on. Also, as much as I hate to say it, Clemson has a nice pair of WRs in watkins and ellington

QB

I'm high on Barkley, Marqueis Gray, Sorenson, Tyler Wilson, Keith Price (doubt he declares), and Geno Smith.

I'm lukewarm on EJ Manuel, Zac Dysert, Aaron Murray, Tyler Bray, and Aaron Murray.

I'm cool on Landry Jones.

WR

I don't think anyone has distinguished himself as a RD1 for the Bills. Robert Woods, I guess.

OLB43

Jarvis Jones and Barkevious Mingo RD1

Chase Thomas and CJ Moseley RD2

S

Kenny Vaccaro and TJ McDonald RD1

Shawn Williams RD2-3

Better start warming up to Bray Astro, kid has all the tools (he's on at 6 ET, BTW how in the world did draftek downgrade him 5 points after two flawless games?)

I will be watching usc vs uab tonight, and MD vs MSU. Next week will be fun cause my pick for best qb of this class, GENO SMITH, will finally be on tv.

Also, ya'll keep an eye on Shaq Rowland WR from USC (south carolina), he's a true freshman, but a talent to keep an eye on. Also, as much as I hate to say it, Clemson has a nice pair of WRs in watkins and ellington

Hey you missed Pachall at noon ;)

But again Bray is on @ 6 on ESPN :thumbsup:

Will be interested to see Smith next week too.

Anybody watching Fl State and EJ Manuel and Bjoern Werner right now?

Yes, but there wasn't much to be gleaned from that game. Wake put up the same amount of fight as Savannah St last week. But only lost 52-0, not 55-0. Wake did nothing on offense. Werner looked as expected, and had a couple of sacks. He got blatantly held on ~60% of the plays. Our entire DL spent most of the day in wake's backfield.

EJ looked ok. Not great. The OL didn't pass block terribly well. He had no rhythm in the first half because we ran the ball extremely well and didn't throw much. He had 3-4 WR dropped passes, but could have had another TD or 2 where he overthrew the WRs. Both plays were roughly a 25 yard pass through the air. One a wheel route and the other a smash route. And both times he floated the ball instead of just putting it in there to the open WR. He's got the arm strength, but why he floats the deeper passes is beyond me. He looked very strong in the short passing and running game however. On his 1 TD pass, he spun out of a sack, scrambled to the sidelines and hit a wide open WR in the endzone. Good effort to keep the play alive.

Edited by Ramius

Watchin TCU (on delay) and RB Raymond James is a stud and Pachall has been pretty sharp but his release looks a bit slow but that can be coached.

Yes, but there wasn't much to be gleaned from that game. Wake put up the same amount of fight as Savannah St last week. But only lost 52-0, not 55-0. Wake did nothing on offense. Werner looked as expected, and had a couple of sacks. He got blatantly held on ~60% of the plays. Our entire DL spent most of the day in wake's backfield.

EJ looked ok. Not great. The OL didn't pass block terribly well. He had no rhythm in the first half because we ran the ball extremely well and didn't throw much. He had 3-4 WR dropped passes, but could have had another TD or 2 where he overthrew the WRs. Both plays were roughly a 25 yard pass through the air. One a wheel route and the other a smash route. And both times he floated the ball instead of just putting it in there to the open WR. He's got the arm strength, but why he floats the deeper passes is beyond me. He looked very strong in the short passing and running game however. On his 1 TD pass, he spun out of a sack, scrambled to the sidelines and hit a wide open WR in the endzone. Good effort to keep the play alive.

Hows Werner been this year , would love to draft him too.

Boise State RB DJ Harper is back to his former self and ripping off 9 yard gains left and right. ACL is just fine. I expect Harper to be one of 13 RBs picked in the 2013 draft.

Zac Dysert looking more human this week for Miami of Ohio, but his measurables and arm will get him drafted. He looks down the WR waaaaay too long, though, so he'll need coaching up. Some of his throws are sailing high--footwork mainly. He can make the big throws, but his WRs aren't cooperating.

This kid Bridgewater from Louisville is pretty sharp too

Sophomore, right? He has the throws and the legs to make it a game vs NC.

I've seen 3 throws from Bray that sailed on him so far...not counting McCray INT setting up first Gator TD.

Yea looking a little rough so far but he's getting in the groove now, good deep ball, just lead a nice scoring drive.

(Pachall was clutch today as usual, had some fumbles but I don't expect him to run the ball in the NFL so not to concerned about that.)

That McKullers is a monster 6'7 377 and lean, pretty rare for a guy that big not to have a gut.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian