Dems vs. Repubs

VABills

Looking at a breakdown of who votes for who and doing some basic metrics, here is who votes for who:

Dems:

15% of the country is African American and they vote at a 95% clip Dem

10% of the country is LBGT, and they vote 90% Dem

15% of the country is poor/welfare/food stamps and they vote 90% Dem

I realize there is some carry over from one of the groups to the other but for simple metric that's basically 35-40% of the country

Repubs:

1% of the country is "rich", they vote roughy 90% repub.

So basically, 41% of the country is pretty much handpicked who they are voting for and most are a core group that the vaste majority of the country doesn't fall into. The rest are normal hardworking middle class Americans like you and me. Why would I want to at least for national elections get lost into a party of folks who's sole purpose in life is to continue to do nothing but target a group of people that I have nothing in common with and really have huge chunks of our money going to just so thay can continue to voe for a party. Why can't we all just be Americans and equal and not have a few core special interest groups dictacting our yearly federal budget? The Dem platform is more about social issues and equality issue which are pretty much negligable in todays society or more state rights issues, and should be vetted at that level.

Edited by VABills

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.”

Alexis de Tocqueville

“A wise and frugal government … shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.”

-Thomas Jefferson, First Inaugural Address, March 4, 1801

Edited by Gary M

You forgot the 10% of Athiest - probably vote Dems.

The voice vote was clear. The people did not want God put back in. But the idiot couldn't rule because his teleprompter said the vote should be approved. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

So tell me again about the party of "choice"

Looking at a breakdown of who votes for who and doing some basic metrics, here is who votes for who:

Dems:

I realize there is some carry over from one of the groups to the other but for simple metric that's basically 35-40% of the country

Repubs:

So basically, 41% of the country is pretty much handpicked who they are voting for and most are a core group that the vaste majority of the country doesn't fall into. The rest are normal hardworking middle class Americans like you and me. Why would I want to at least for national elections get lost into a party of folks who's sole purpose in life is to continue to do nothing but target a group of people that I have nothing in common with and really have huge chunks of our money going to just so thay can continue to voe for a party. Why can't we all just be Americans and equal and not have a few core special interest groups dictacting our yearly federal budget? The Dem platform is more about social issues and equality issue which are pretty much negligable in todays society or more state rights issues, and should be vetted at that level.

Yeah, I mean, why should the gays and blacks have so much sway when we normals are the majority?

Yeah, I mean, why should the gays and blacks have so much sway when we normals are the majority?

Continuing to have federal set asides and programs to further their inequality issues where are not fedeeral issues and really minimal overall any more, is not right, and why should the 60%+ in this country pay for that?

Continuing to have federal set asides and programs to further their inequality issues where are not fedeeral issues and really minimal overall any more, is not right, and why should the 60%+ in this country pay for that?

???

In the OP you state that we should all just be equal Americans. Yet, you earlier single out white heterosexuals as the "Normal hardworking Americans".

???

In the OP you state that we should all just be equal Americans. Yet, you earlier single out white heterosexuals as the "Normal hardworking Americans".

We're all equal. We all hopefully work hard. The problem is that the government doesn't and politicians don't see it that way. They set up programs to target these groups for the sole purpose of keeping large voting blocks. They also coerce these groups to become like minded in their thinking rather than being individuals.

We're all equal. We all hopefully work hard. The problem is that the government doesn't and politicians don't see it that way. They set up programs to target these groups for the sole purpose of keeping large voting blocks. They also coerce these groups to become like minded in their thinking rather than being individuals.

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer." Ben Franklin

• On the Price of Corn and Management of the Poor[5] (29 November 1766).

I'm not disputing your numbers, but can you post a link to back up your claim?

Do your own googling. :nana:

Blacks 13.6% http://www.infoplease.com/spot/bhmcensus1.html

LGBT 10% http://ask.yahoo.com/20070130.html

Food stamps 15% http://www.good.is/post/15-percent-of-americans-are-now-on-food-stamps/

Edited by VABills

Dems:

Repubs:

Agreed. The diversity that I saw at the DNC was sickening. Seriously, the slave owners would have been disgusted by that group.

A 2 party system is a joke. It's just bloods vs. crips. And there are a lot of good Republicans but it still seems like a party for mainly white rich people and people who hate change.

It goes both ways. There are a lot of poorer, mainly white people, who hate Obama that vote in blocks. However, someone like Obama would probably help them out more than Romney.

I'm a Catholic but I really don't believe religion has any role in politics and Republicans seem to think it does. This country was founded on religious tolerance.

There is this quaint small town in rural Northern Virginia with deep roots from before the Civil War. The median home price is $800 K. The majority of the political signs adorning the yards are 2 to 1 Obama over Mitt.

So much for the criminal aspect eh

A close friend of my family from North Carolina, a devout Republican is voting for Obama.

There is this quaint small town in rural Northern Virginia with deep roots from before the Civil War. The median home price is $800 K. The majority of the political signs adorning the yards are 2 to 1 Obama over Mitt.

So much for the criminal aspect eh

A close friend of my family from North Carolina, a devout Republican is voting for Obama.

Gay probably