Ryan Fitzpatrick on NFL AM this morning (good interview)

The game has changed a lot over the past 3 years here.It's becoming more like a fashion show, when people think a player is cool because of his t-shirts and length of his beard. Never mind the fact he can't hit the broadside of a barn past 20 yards on a consistent basis.

Back in the day when a player starting year 8 without a single winning season people would have questioned his abilities, not his taste in t-shirts, or fans making excuses for a huge slump and a dismal collapse due to the phantom rib injury. Someone should tell Romo to quit one upping Fitz because last season he had rib injuries and a collapsed lung but kept on playing. One more win the cowgirls were in the playoffs. Should be an interesting season. Maybe Fitz will get into hats this year to expand his fashion sensibilities.

Lighten up. I don't have to hate a guy because he's an average, or even bad, quarterback. He's our only QB right now, he's one of few likable QBs that we've had in the past 10 years, and he's easy to root for. Being that this is an internet message board, I'd guess that at least half of the visitors are fans of either beards or Star Wars. Unlike yourself, most of us can distinguish between the "cool"ness of a player and his playing ability. We're not asking for him to be invited to the pro bowl or get multi-million dollar deals because he grows a sweet beard, we're just amused that we have a starting player on our team that openly has traits and interests similar to ours.

Edited by West End Stench

Lighten up. I don't have to hate a guy because he's an average, or even bad, quarterback. He's our only QB right now, he's one of few likable QBs that we've had in the past 10 years, and he's easy to root for. Being that this is an internet message board, I'd guess that at least half of the visitors are fans of either beards or Star Wars. Unlike yourself, most of us can distinguish between the "cool"ness of a player and his playing ability. We're not asking for him to be invited to the pro bowl or get multi-million dollar deals because he grows a sweet beard, we're just amused that we have a starting player on our team that openly has traits and interests similar to ours.

First, re-read it for sarcasm. But really although a "likeable" quarterback is preferred. The number one trait in quarterbacks is skill and even more the ability to WIN. Actually the way you're defining likeability is by "coolness" and that I can't distinguish it. Funny stuff since you have no idea who I even am. But if collecting t-shirts like your quarterbacks is now considered a "similar interest" and something amusing by all means it OK with me, after all it's a sport.

Memo to rest of league: Let the Wookie Win

Awesome!!

The game has changed a lot over the past 3 years here.It's becoming more like a fashion show, when people think a player is cool because of his t-shirts and length of his beard. Never mind the fact he can't hit the broadside of a barn past 20 yards on a consistent basis.

Back in the day when a player starting year 8 without a single winning season people would have questioned his abilities, not his taste in t-shirts, or fans making excuses for a huge slump and a dismal collapse due to the phantom rib injury. Someone should tell Romo to quit one upping Fitz because last season he had rib injuries and a collapsed lung but kept on playing. One more win the cowgirls were in the playoffs. Should be an interesting season. Maybe Fitz will get into hats this year to expand his fashion sensibilities.

Did he steal your shirt? be honest

First, re-read it for sarcasm. But really although a "likeable" quarterback is preferred. The number one trait in quarterbacks is skill and even more the ability to WIN. Actually the way you're defining likeability is by "coolness" and that I can't distinguish it. Funny stuff since you have no idea who I even am. But if collecting t-shirts like your quarterbacks is now considered a "similar interest" and something amusing by all means it OK with me, after all it's a sport.

Sorry, sarcasm doesn't communicate well over message boards, my apologies for a misinterpretation. To clear up something that I thought was not so subtle: the act of collecting t-shirts wasn't the common interest I referred to, but rather, Star Wars and beards.

First, re-read it for sarcasm.

OK, I did that - sorry, can't find anything that's readily interpretable as sarcasm. It just comes across as foaming at the mouth because people dare to be amused on occasion or like Fitz personally instead of constantly questioning Fitz' abilities on the basis of a team statistic (W-L), re-hashing the "he's so inaccurate" thing, or calling for him to be run out of town.

Lord knows, these latter are topics that have never, ever, not even once, been discussed on this board <==== sarcasm

Disclaimer: I have a personal tick against people who go "over the top" and then disclaim "only joking! can't you take a joke?" or "it was sarcasm".

Sarcasm plays just fine on the net when it's sarcasm by the general meaning of the term.

Did he steal your shirt? be honest

LOL I'd say Fitz stole and then took a dump in it

Edited by Hopeful

OK, I did that - sorry, can't find anything that's readily interpretable as sarcasm. It just comes across as foaming at the mouth because people dare to be amused on occasion or like Fitz personally instead of constantly questioning Fitz' abilities on the basis of a team statistic (W-L), re-hashing the "he's so inaccurate" thing, or calling for him to be run out of town.

Lord knows, these latter are topics that have never, ever, not even once, been discussed on this board <==== sarcasm

Disclaimer: I have a personal tick against people who go "over the top" and then disclaim "only joking! can't you take a joke?" or "it was sarcasm".

Sarcasm plays just fine on the net when it's sarcasm by the general meaning of the term.

LOL I'd say Fitz stole and then took a dump in it

Okey Dokey then. Da judge has spoke.

Agreed.

I want Bills players in general to be successful, because each success would push the Bills closer to a Lombardi trophy. I want Fitz in particular to be successful--not just because he's the quarterback, but because he's a likeable guy.

Even though the Bills won't win a Super Bowl with him under center, this is still my team, he's still the quarterback, and there isn't anyone on the roster, right now, who's better than he is. It's not Fitz's fault that he wasn't born with whatever genes are associated with a high level of throwing accuracy. Fitz's job is to squeeze everything he can out of the talent he has been given. He's done that job well. Fitz should not be blamed for the fact that Nix has not yet found The Guy at quarterback.

Well, my "squish the Fish" and "***k Dallas" T-shirts are missing?

But I'm not pointing fingers.

I can not tell a lie. I borrowed that **k ing T-shirt (not really, I just wanted to say it. Sounds like a cool shirt though. Nothing can beat e-balls avatar on the Fish though)

Okey Dokey then. Da judge has spoke.

You're welcome. But I'm not giving your shirt back. :rolleyes:

Is D. Lee an expert in injured ribs too?

Fitz certainly played like he had cracked ribs last year. But I don't think we've ever heard that confirmed by Buddy, Chan or Fitz himself. Is it possible that a couple WRs overstated the injury to protect Fitz from the heat he was taking?

I'm not asserting this, just asking?

WHAT!?

Dont worry I wont shave my beard until the Bills are eliminated from the playoffs

Fitz certainly played like he had cracked ribs last year. But I don't think we've ever heard that confirmed by Buddy, Chan or Fitz himself. Is it possible that a couple WRs overstated the injury to protect Fitz from the heat he was taking?

I'm not asserting this, just asking?

I think he was hurt bad. London Flechter got a clean shot on his ribs and they had to take a time out after the play and Fitz seemed in pain for real.