Try to justify Drew's place on this team.

Grant

This year, we really dumbed it down for Drew. We didn't ask him to win games for us. We didn't even really ask him to do anything. We just wanted him to NOT LOSE THEM FOR US.

That was his entire job this year. Hand off the ball, make the easy throws, don't screw up.

Not once did he do anything to justify his huge contract. Not once did he do anything that Shane Matthews couldn't.

Do you think that statement sounds ridiculous? Does it?

Name one.

We would have been just as productive at the QB position this year with a journeyman like Matthews as we were with Bledsoe.

Sorry, AKC. Sorry, Bledsoe's other cousins. The truth can hurt sometimes when you hide from it for so long.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said anything about JP?

All I'm saying is, if JP's not ready, then let's go with someone else. BUT NOT DREW.

We could get the same productivity out of a Shane Matthews that we could out've the "new and improved" Drew. AT A FRACTION OF THE COST.

Which means, the money could be better spent elsewhere than on trying to make one man feel better.

I thought Bledsoe had solidified his position as the Bills starting QB next year unless he really tanked it in this game. Guess what? He did. He stunk it up in the biggest game of his Bills career and was a large contributor to a loss that led to the team missing the playoffs. I don't know if he will be back with the team in '05 or not, but I think his time as the Bills starting QB is over. Its time for the JP Losman era to begin.

This year, we really dumbed it down for Drew. We didn't ask him to win games for us. We didn't even really ask him to do anything. We just wanted him to NOT LOSE THEM FOR US.

That was his entire job this year. Hand off the ball, make the easy throws, don't screw up.

Not once did he do anything to justify his huge contract. Not once did he do anything that Shane Matthews couldn't.

Do you think that statement sounds ridiculous? Does it?

Name one.

We would have been just as productive at the QB position this year with a journeyman like Matthews as we were with Bledsoe.

Sorry, AKC. Sorry, Bledsoe's other cousins. The truth can hurt sometimes when you hide from it for so long.

188464[/snapback]

I think I heard he helped with the laundry this week, but other than that no! I've never seen a QB choke as much as him. I hope he's done because until he is this team won't make it and that's not fair to the players on defense who deep down inside must hate Drew right now.

Did you see Bledsoe walking off the field all by himself. No teammates, no coaches, nothing. Maybe they have had enough of him as well. Most of us fans sure as hell have. Get rid of him, all he does is hold this team back. 6 week winning streak, and how many games had Bledsoe as such a major factor in winning? I remember one 4 touchdown game, but every other game it was McGee kickoff return, and Spikes INT return, and blocked punt for a TD and tubsy Pat Williams for a TD and Willis with about a dozen touchdowns. Bledsoe can't even function in the role of caretaker. Get him the hell out of here.

:(:doh::(:doh::doh:

All I'm saying is, if JP's not ready, then let's go with someone else. BUT NOT DREW.

We could get the same productivity out of a Shane Matthews that we could out've the "new and improved" Drew. AT A FRACTION OF THE COST.

Which means, the money could be better spent elsewhere than on trying to make one man feel better.

188501[/snapback]

I know... My point is: You think we are screwed with Drew? Then we are really screwed without him. SM is not the answer either.

I might agree... The Bills need to go out and grab another QB out there... Know any that will be available?

The future with JP makes me queezy. SM's or similar gives me feelings of instability... Even worse mediocrity.

I think the best thing to do is stand by DB until better comes along... Would have been really nice if we would have totally tanked last year.

I feel years of mediocrity coming on... I am scared to "bite the bullet" and watch the instability.

How about as the loser in the locker room that picks up everyone elses dirty jocks and washes them.

188513[/snapback]

I don't think Drew wants to take your job Rayzer!!!

If the Bills are pinning their hopes on Losman next year we could be in for a long season ....... Drew deserves another year unless someone better becomes available on the free agent wire.

188501[/snapback]

You're writing off an awful lot very good play by Bledsoe by simply saying anyone could have done the same. It's very easy to suggest anyone could do it. Given 4 NFL games to play in, with no pressure in any of them, Losman coughed up a 38.9

quarterback rating.

And if you seriously think Shane Matthews is a starting NFL quarterback, then you apparently don't actually follow the game of football. But I admit, it is cool to come in and rag on the QB when a team loses. Its the easy way out for people who don't want to take the time to see the whole picture.

I

I think the best thing to do is stand by DB until better comes along... Would have been really nice if we would have totally tanked last year.

I feel years of mediocrity coming on... I am scared to "bite the bullet" and watch the instability.

188553[/snapback]

How can you say this?

Lee Evans, Willis McGahee, Mike Williams, Terrance McGee, Nate Clements, Sam Aiken, Josh Reed....

we have a nice young core. And we don't even know what JP is going to produce yet.

I know... My point is:  You think we are screwed with Drew?  Then we are really screwed without him.  SM is not the answer either.

I might agree... The Bills need to go out and grab another QB out there... Know any that will be available?

The future with JP makes me queezy.  SM's or similar gives me feelings of instability... Even worse mediocrity.

188553[/snapback]

No, that's not right. That's the kind of mentality that accepts mediocrity and Drew Bledsoe, thinking we can't get anyone better.

We don't know if Shane is better or worse, but we do know this: it can't get much worse. How much worse could he possibly do? Hold on the ball too long, take sacks, throw picks, fumble at the wrong times? Drew already does all that AND sucks out a ton of money while doing it!

We don't necessairly need someone with a glitzy name. At this point, anyone with at least one working arm would be better than what we have.

It couldn't get any worse. All we ask Drew to do now is hand the ball off and make safe throws. He can't do it.

Anyone but Drew.

You're writing off an awful lot very good play by Bledsoe by simply saying anyone could have done the same.  It's very easy to suggest anyone could do it.  Given 4 NFL games to play in, with no pressure in any of them, Losman coughed up a 38.9

quarterback rating.

And if you seriously think Shane Matthews is a starting NFL quarterback, then you apparently don't actually follow the game of football. But I admit, it is cool to come in and rag on the QB when a team loses.  Its the easy way out for people who don't want to take the time to see the whole picture.

188565[/snapback]

It's even easier to dismiss an argument by saying I don't know anything about football.

And you're writing off Matthews, who is essentially a mystery. We don't know what he can do because he hasn't started very much in his career. When we've seen him, he's managed games at least as well as Drew has shown.

At this point, we know what Drew can offer us. He's showed us his hand. And it's not good for the team.

Let's try someone else.

In no other profession can you fail so often at your job and still have it.

You're writing off an awful lot very good play by Bledsoe by simply saying anyone could have done the same.  It's very easy to suggest anyone could do it.  Given 4 NFL games to play in, with no pressure in any of them, Losman coughed up a 38.9

quarterback rating.

188565[/snapback]

Losman attempted all of 5 passes this year and you're quoting his passer rating? :(:doh: Take off your limited edition Bledsoe rose colored glasses and come to grips. THE BILLS WILL NEVER WIN A SUPER BOWL WITH DB AS THEIR STARTING QB! NEVER!!

quarterback rating.

And if you seriously think Shane Matthews is a starting NFL quarterback, then you apparently don't actually follow the game of football. But I admit, it is cool to come in and rag on the QB when a team loses.  Its the easy way out for people who don't want to take the time to see the whole picture.

188565[/snapback]

In the case of Shane Matthews, I agree with you. He's never been a starter in the NFL and I doubt he'll ever be.

On the other hand, I think you make a very, very weak argument against Losman with that QB rating. How many passes has Losman thrown this year? Five. If he had thrown a couple hundred passes this year, I might be worried about his low QB rating, as it would be indicative of consistently poor play. As it stands, however, its not indicative of much of anything.

I know... My point is:  You think we are screwed with Drew?  Then we are really screwed without him.  SM is not the answer either.

The future with JP makes me queezy.  SM's or similar gives me feelings of instability... Even worse mediocrity.

188553[/snapback]

Pitt being the possible extremely rare exception, a young QB rarely takes his team to the promised land. JP will have his struggles next year if so annoited as the starter, yet while liking drew tremendously as a person, change may very well be in the air.

In the case of Shane Matthews,  I agree with you.  He's never been a starter in the NFL and I doubt he'll ever be.     

On the other hand,  I think you make a very,  very weak argument against Losman with that QB rating.  How many passes has Losman thrown this year?  Five.  If he had thrown a couple hundred passes this year,  I might be worried about his low QB rating,  as it would be indicative of consistently poor play.  As it stands,  however,  its not indicative of much of anything.

188630[/snapback]

Matthews was a starter with the Bears and with the Redskins. He has 22 career starts

In no other profession can you fail so often at your job and still have it.

188587[/snapback]

Huh?

This makes no sense.

Bledsoe was the starting quarterback of the team that went 9-7.

That's a winning percentage my friend.

He holds ten Buffalo Bills franchise passing records and has been here for only 3 years.

As flat as this team played today they still had a chance to win. Had everyone done their job today, frankly it would have been an easy win. 3 of Bledsoe's incompletions were spiking the ball for timeouts. There were 3 drops by Moulds alone. On the Interception, Neufeld needed to go for the ball instead of letting the LB muscle him. It actually could have been pass interference.

I'm disappointed at the loss, but it was a team loss, and I'm totally surprised they didn't come to play.

How can you say this?

Lee Evans, Willis McGahee, Mike Williams, Terrance McGee, Nate Clements, Sam Aiken, Josh Reed....

we have a nice young core. And we don't even know what JP is going to produce yet.

188571[/snapback]

This team learned this year what it takes to win. Whether Drew leads the Bills next year or not is highly debatable, but one thing is in the books. Despite a horrible 1-5 start, we and our Bills were in it until the final play of the regular season.