Good article on UDFA S Delano Howell making the team

Doc

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Undrafted-Howell-lands-fourth-safety-role/96d25e6b-5a6c-4a6e-838c-bcab89a840dd

I forgot about this part:

Howell had the odds stacked against him from the beginning. Not only was he an undrafted rookie free agent, but his late graduation at Stanford kept him from participating in any of the OTAs or spring minicamp practices.

I guess they must really see something they like in him, because he was barely noticeable during the preseason.

From the article (emphasis mine):

Howell was the team’s leading tackler in the preseason for Buffalo with 21 total including 10 solo. One of those tackles went for loss. He also had a fumble recovery.

I don't know why, but I have a weird feeling this guy is going to make a huge play for us this season...like one of those plays we'll talk about long after it happens.

I guess they must really see something they like in him, because he was barely noticeable during the preseason.

He was actually VERY noticable in the 2nd half of each game. He was, at times, making all the tackles, diagnosing every play. Pretty much flawless. He looked like the best tryout player on the entire D. Roster spot well deserved.

Edited by mountainwampus