Tom Brady: The best QB Ever?

SoggyHog

Sure you can. You cant just judge a qb on one aspect - especially qb which has so many components - its a weighting of several factors. OK so Vick can run faster than Brady so what, Brady is superior in every other important aspect.

That's just not correct, man...if I were only judging Brady in one aspect I'd consider him one of the worst QBs of all time. As I said earlier in the thread, I consider him ONE of the greatest, maybe top 10, but absolutely not THE greatest. I fully recognize the other aspects of his game that are top notch. I simply consider this a fatal flaw that will prevent him from ever being someone I view as the best QB to ever play.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's just not correct, man...if I were only judging Brady in one aspect I'd consider him one of the worst QBs of all time. As I said earlier in the thread, I consider him ONE of the greatest, maybe top 10, but absolutely not THE greatest. I fully recognize the other aspects of his game that are top notch. I simply consider this a fatal flaw that will prevent him from ever being someone I view as the best QB to ever play.

What's not correct is dinging Brady for something no QB wants. If you think some players like Ben actually play better with constant pressure why are Steelers desparaely trying to upgrade their pass protection? In that regard why do defenses rush Ben at all? Yes Ben can do better with defenders draped on him than brady but that hardly means he plays better that way. Again its just another aspect to playing the position. Every team wants to bring heat on every QB they play.

...or was Manning special because of Wayne and Harrison? Works both ways.

as already stated, Painter sucks so bad he was cut this year and Cassel has been a good starter for the Chiefs the past couple of years.

again without a doubt Manning has had better skill guys to work with.

In a big game and big game situation, i'm taking Brady over Manning. Period! Hey look I can do it too.

WAyn and Harrison made Manning? Wow........wow.

Cassell has been good? So you're saying he's Brady good?

Brady best ever?

Sorry.....no way.

Edited by billsoverdue

What's not correct is dinging Brady for something no QB wants. If you think some players like Ben actually play better with constant pressure why are Steelers desparaely trying to upgrade their pass protection? In that regard why do defenses rush Ben at all? Yes Ben can do better with defenders draped on him than brady but that hardly means he plays better that way. Again its just another aspect to playing the position. Every team wants to bring heat on every QB they play.

Let's just agree to disagree, man...the responses you're making aren't really matching up to what I'm saying, so I'm probably just not being clear enough or something. I've read enough of your posts to know you understand the game, so clearly you realize that if you're going to choose to pressure the QB it's a risky proposition. If you aren't successful with the blitzing, then you leave yourself vulnerable in coverage....some QBs will absolutely kill you, others will fall victim to the pressure. With all the rule changes that favor the receivers, the pass rush is arguably more important now than ever before. QBs who can make pre-snap reads and use their audibles or hot routes effectively will create a situation where the defense is at a disadvantage by blitzing. QBs who can't will take sacks, fumble it away, or throw a crap pass. I happen to put a lot of weight in this ability....you may not.

I don't really see how what the QB "wants" is material at all...I'm quite sure Brady would love to have plenty of time behind a solid Oline like he's had most of his career. As for ben, defenses DON'T blitz him all the time. Obivously it varies from opponent to opponent and situation to situation. If you think you can put Ben on his ass, then you better be sure, cause otherwise he'll do something like what he did to us from the end zone in that preseason game. Or he'll hit Santonio Holmes at the very back of the end zone for a TD to win the super bowl over the Cards. In the words of Yoda, there is no try...

You don’t have to be a football fan to be a Bills fan. I, however, am a football fan. The energy and excitement of the game thrills me. The strategy of every play, every position and every inch energizes me. The dedication of the players to live an unlivable dream intrigues me. The story of the players motivates me and makes me feel a parallel in my life. Every single one of these kids has a story and a dream. Respect to the players that fuel my love for the game of football. Tom Brady included.

http://www.nfl.com/q...HP11_hot_topics

All that being said...... I still hate the SOB! Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I hope we kick his A** this year! GO BILLS!

You don’t have to be a football fan to be a Bills fan. I, however, am a football fan. The energy and excitement of the game thrills me. The strategy of every play, every position and every inch energizes me. The dedication of the players to live an unlivable dream intrigues me. The story of the players motivates me and makes me feel a parallel in my life. Every single one of these kids has a story and a dream. Respect to the players that fuel my love for the game of football. Tom Brady included.

http://www.nfl.com/q...HP11_hot_topics

All that being said...... I still hate the SOB! Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I hope we kick his A** this year! GO BILLS!

The flaw in Brady is his two Super Bowl losses to the Giants

In my opinion Joe Montana was the best QB I ever saw play the game. Adrian Rogers is moving ahead at becoming one of the best.

The flaw with Brady is his two Super Bowl losses to the Giants

Joe Montana is still the best QB I ever saw play the game

Montanna #1

Can't argue with Brady's production but I don't think he is the greatest ever. That title still belongs to Montanna. I put Brady is a class with the likes of Bradshaw, Steve Young, Troy Aiikman, Petyon Manning. (Eli Manning is close also)

Montanna #1

Can't argue with Brady's production but I don't think he is the greatest ever. That title still belongs to Montanna. I put Brady is a class with the likes of Bradshaw, Steve Young, Troy Aiikman, Petyon Manning. (Eli Manning is close also)