Chris Cooley available

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather give the spot to Dickerson. Just my opinion. He's younger, less beat up, and hungry. And he doesn't wish he was still in Washington. Just seems like a similar player but with less baggage and newer tires.

maybe they could bring him in to run the WildCat instead of Brad Smith?

We should sign just so the Jets can't and to actually have a decent receiving threat would be nice also.

The Washington Redskins released tight end Chris CooleyTuesday, announcing after Tuesday’s practice that the nine-year veteran and one of the most popular and recognizable players on the team is being given the chance to find a starting job elsewhere.

Cooley said he believes he still can be a productive NFL player but it would be difficult for him to play for another team.

“I’ll take some time and make sure what I do in the future is exactly what I want to do,” Cooley said.

“It’s been awesome,” he added.

Cooley said he leaves with no hard feelings toward the organization.

Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan said: “We know how much Chris has meant to this organization and this community.”

Cooley wants to be a starter, Shanahan said, and the coach told him that Fred Davis is the Redskins’ starter. The team is giving Cooley an opportunity to seek a starting job elsewhere, Shanahan said.

“I think he’s earned that right,” Shanahan said.

http://www.washingto...ff430_blog.html

Sign him.

Cooley wants to start somewhere in the NFL. per Czaban and Polan

There’s a lot of scenarios that could still occur,” Shanahan said. “... Chris wants to be a starter in the National Football League.”

He's had injuries these past 2 years but I love this guy's attitude. I would hear him weekly on the radio here in Va.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

We should sign just so the Jets can't and to actually have a decent receiving threat would be nice also.

The Washington Redskins released tight end Chris CooleyTuesday, announcing after Tuesday’s practice that the nine-year veteran and one of the most popular and recognizable players on the team is being given the chance to find a starting job elsewhere.

Cooley said he believes he still can be a productive NFL player but it would be difficult for him to play for another team.

“I’ll take some time and make sure what I do in the future is exactly what I want to do,” Cooley said.

“It’s been awesome,” he added.

Cooley said he leaves with no hard feelings toward the organization.

Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan said: “We know how much Chris has meant to this organization and this community.”

Cooley wants to be a starter, Shanahan said, and the coach told him that Fred Davis is the Redskins’ starter. The team is giving Cooley an opportunity to seek a starting job elsewhere, Shanahan said.

“I think he’s earned that right,” Shanahan said.

http://www.washingto...ff430_blog.html

Que all the "get er done" joke responses...however, in this case, we really really should. First off, we are very unproven and thin at TE. Chandler was mostly invisible in the bulk of the games and we do not know if that was his fault, the game plan, or on Fitz...but the reality is, he isn't exactly a proven commodity. I like him still and his potential, but no matter how you paint there are still questions to how consistent he can be. Most importantly, we have no one behind him and if he goes down we have nothing to roll out.

Add in the fact Fitz does not have a good deep game, and the ability to roll out 2 TE sets who can both be receiving threats between Cooley's proven ability and Chandlers size could really help Fitz a lot. Not to mention, the WR's do not look good so far or the passing game as a whole and a guy like Cooley can really make a difference.