Which WRs Make the Team, Practice Squad

Matt in KC

Which WRs will make the final 53 cut down?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which WRs will make the final 53 cut down?

• 88 - Aiken, Kamar
    • 17 - Clowney, David
    • 81 - Easley, Marcus
    • 11 - Graham, T.J.
    • 80 - Hagan, Derek
    • 13 - Johnson, Stevie
    • 19 - Jones, Donald
    • 82 - Martin, Ruvell
    • 86 - Nelson, David
    • 18 - Roosevelt, Naaman
    • 15 - Session, Derek
  2. 2. Who will the Bills ask to join the Practice Squad?

• 88 - Aiken, Kamar
    • 81 - Easley, Marcus (who likely IS eligible)
    • 11 - Graham, T.J. (pick this one, you dummy!)
    • 15 - Session, Derek
    • Other WR currently not on the roster

It's unclear if the Bills will keep 5 or 6 (or 7!?) WRs on the roster this year. Vote for whichever WRs you think will make the team and Practice Squad.

There's good discussion out there already on who will or should make the team, including here: http://forums.twobil...y/#entry2539291

I'm interested in taking a poll to get a tally of the board's opinion.

Edited by Matt in KC

I’ll go out on a limb and say Roosevelt makes it over Hagen. Hagen might be bigger but I haven’t seen him use that size to his advantage by going up to get a ball or block out a DB to make a catch. Roosevelt always seems to get open and catches everything thrown at him. Fitz also seems to have great chemistry with Roosevelt. I also believe we only keep 5 WRs and Brad Smith. Aiken back to the PS.

It's unclear if the Bills will keep 5 or 6 (or 7!?) WRs on the roster this year. Vote for whichever WRs you think will make the team and Practice Squad.

There's good discussion out there already on who will or should make the team, including here: http://forums.twobil...y/#entry2539291

I'm interested in taking a poll to get a tally of the board's opinion.

I think they keep 6 WR, and use Smith and Spiller in packages.

Johnson

Hagen

Jones

Rossevelt

Nelson

Graham

Spiller

Smith

Tim-

I think they keep 6 WR, and use Smith and Spiller in packages.

Johnson

Hagen

Jones

Rossevelt

Nelson

Graham

Spiller

Smith

Tim-

i think 6 receivers also- they go 4 wide a lot in this offense so you need at least 2 ready to come in not including spiller

i think 6 receivers also- they go 4 wide a lot in this offense so you need at least 2 ready to come in not including spiller

Yeah, when you go 4 wide, I think you need 6. And when you put 4 WRs out there at the same time, you know you'll have some injuries. Seems we need to start the season with 6.

I don't think Aiken is eligible for PS due to playing time accrued at the end of last season...could be mistaken.

I think Aiken is PS eligible. Roosevelt is definitely not. http://wgr550.com/two-bills-drive/14060400

You're probably right on the numbers. 5 to the active roster, plus Smith, Spiller, and Jackson as additional options. And they'll likely put an extra WR on the PS.

Aiken was only active two games last season, so he should still be PS-eligible. I think the bigger question for him is if the Bills have seen enough from him to bring him back to the PS one more year.

Wow, so someone thought TJ Graham wouldn't make the team, perhaps the same person who voted him to the PS (dummy!). Someone else thought Donald Jones wouldn't make it. That would be a surprise.

I'm glad to see the vote favoring Naaman over Martin (15 to 6), but personally think the Bills keep 5 and cut both. I'd guess Roosevelt would get the call in case of injury, even if at home for month to start the season, rather than Aiken getting called up from the PS.

You really need to include the TEs and RB into this mix. I think they keep 5 WR and 2 TE, 3 RB and 3 wild cards.....

Im not sure who has PS eligiability for those not rookies.

WR Johson, Graham, Jones, Nelson,

the battle is between Roosevelt (strong special teams) and Hagan

Brad Smith will officially go under as the third QB even though he also plays WRs

I think Dickenson makes the team as a FB/HB/TE and they also keep McIntyre because of special teams. They keep one TE behind Chandler with Caussins on the PuP list.

For pratices squad I think they will try to put Easily there...I have seen comflicting info on his eligability because of him being on the IR last year as reported. Legally he cant go on the IR because his heart issue was not injury/NFL related they may have said IR but leagally it was on something else such as a non football injury list.

Yeah, when you go 4 wide, I think you need 6. And when you put 4 WRs out there at the same time, you know you'll have some injuries. Seems we need to start the season with 6.

Remember....Smith and Spiller can play in a 4 or 5 WR set as can Dickerson (HB/FB/TE).

Them keeping 6 depends on if they value having 5 or 6 cornerbacks on the roster. The 6th slot becomes open for comparison for the last roster spots with other positions.

Roosevelt could be cut because there is a good likelihood he could stay local and come back to play after injury instead of pulling from the PS. Same thing with Ruvell Martin. He could be cut but likly not getting anywhere so Buffalo could call him if injuries happen.

[From the other, non-poll WR thread:]

1] If the Bills keep Potter, which it seems they are going to, the need for keeping Martin lessens, if his true value is that of a KO and P gunner.

2] Joe B reported today that he called an NFL rep just to make sure that Easley was not PS eligible and the guy told him straight out that Easley WAS eligible for the PS, which makes me believe strongly that they keep 5 WR and Easley on the PS (unless someone signs him) or unless they just decide that Aiken could be better, which i doubt.

And with that, I update my PS vote to add Easley and outright release Aiken.