I'm not sure what to say about this.

Kevin

http://news.yahoo.com/florida-police-officer-slams-woman-car-goes-jail-175620064--abc-news-topstories.html

I don't know, it seemed a little excessive to me to fire the cop for this. He told her multiple times to get back in her car. She was OBVIOUSLY danger to herself and others, and highly intoxicated. Now she's the victim? I guess I'm calloused.

This will not be the popular opinion, but once again, if people would just STOP and LISTEN to what the police tell them, **** like this will NOT happen. She needs to watch Chris Rock's "how not to get your ass kicked by the police".

Cue the whiners...

This will not be the popular opinion, but once again, if people would just STOP and LISTEN to what the police tell them, **** like this will NOT happen. She needs to watch Chris Rock's "how not to get your ass kicked by the police".

Cue the whiners...

I agree with your assessment. He told her to get back in the car, and she appeared to be on her cell phone. I don't see why he got fired for this.

Absolutely ridiculous. Arrogant criminal scumbags who act like the law doesn't apply to them deserve a hell of a lot worse than getting pushed into the hood of their car. And letting PC a--holes determine 'acceptable' behavior for cops is beyond asinine.

Absolutely ridiculous. Arrogant criminal scumbags who act like the law doesn't apply to them deserve a hell of a lot worse than getting pushed into the hood of their car. And letting PC a--holes determine 'acceptable' behavior for cops is beyond asinine.

In this particular case, what part of the article indicates PC !@#$s being involved?

"We have certain expectations of our police officers, and when I looked at the
I was disappointed because I felt like that didn't stand up to those expectations," Pensacola Police Chief Chip Simmons told ABCNews.com. "We determined that what we saw on the video was inconsistent with what our policies allow and what state statute allows."

Now, perhaps the subtext is that the Police Chief acted quickly in order to avoid a firestorm from the aforementioned !@#$s...but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

In this particular case, what part of the article indicates PC !@#$s being involved?

Now, perhaps the subtext is that the Police Chief acted quickly in order to avoid a firestorm from the aforementioned !@#$s...but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

That's exactly what I think happened. Fire him now before the idiots at the Today Show put this front and center in the national spotlight. It's just part of the standard response now, kinda like public figures who go to "rehab" when they get caught for a DUI, affair or some other public disgrace.

If this was 20 years ago, there's zero chance a cop is fired for that.

He acted quickly so this guy will never be able to work on the police force again? Great, it's all about the Chief protecting himeself. Nice job.

Oh and he didn't slam her on the car. She was so drunk that when he swung her around her drunk ass momentum took her to the car. Good job getting behind the wheel in that condition you B word.

Cue the whiners...

I don't have to do what a cop says, just because he tells me to. Never have, never will. Funny, I have never been tossed against my car by a cop either.

I don't have to do what a cop says, just because he tells me to. Never have, never will. Funny, I have never been tossed against my car by a cop either.

You don't have to pick up the tab when we go out for drinks either but don't come crying if you don't like the consequences.

You don't have to pick up the tab when we go out for drinks either but don't come crying if you don't like the consequences.

I have no problem picking up the tab.....I'm sure I won't like the consequences either way. :wacko:

For what reason were you stopped by a cop, and what was the cops reaction to you not listening to them? Just curious.

As for this situation, I do think the cop appears to use excessive force, but I also think, given the circumstnces, it is far from "police brutality".

For what reason were you stopped by a cop, and what was the cops reaction to you not listening to them? Just curious.

As for this situation, I do think the cop appears to use excessive force, but I also think, given the circumstnces, it is far from "police brutality".

There is no such thing ass excessive force to someone that drunk behind the wheel of a car. Dude should have beaten the **** out of her.

There is no such thing ass excessive force to someone that drunk behind the wheel of a car. Dude should have beaten the **** out of her.

I agree...."brutality" or "excess" force should have some context. Cops are human...to me, given the gravity of the situation, she got off with the equivalent of a parent smacking their kid on the ass when they are mis-behaving. Her state, behavior, and crimes escalated the situation to that point. Dealing with beligerent drunk people has to be one of the more diffiult situations to be in.

Security wanted to search my bag heading into a music festival (this was long before they started doing this to everyone) and they weren't checking anyone else's, so I said no. Well there was a cop standing close by and then he came over and he wanted to check and I also said no. The security says no check, no entry, so I said fine I'm not coming in. The cop proceeded to follow me and continue to ask to look in the bag. I kept saying no, none of your business what's in the bag. He was pissed, but too bad for him. His partner came over and basically said forget it.

I have also been pulled over for a broken headlight and asked if it was ok to have a look in my car......um NO, it's not ok.

Spoke to the cops through the locked screen door while hosting a party and they were there on a noise complaint (many years ago). They said they were going to come in and have a look around, I said not unless you have a warrant. I can come out for you to give me the ticket....

I'm not saying to never listen to the police, but you don't have to do something just because they tell you to. You have rights.

At that point she was not drunk behind the wheel of a car and from the looks of it, not under arrest either, therefore under no obligation to follow this !@#$s order to get into her car. Why would he want her to get into her car? If she was so shitfaced, why not his car?

Security wanted to search my bag heading into a music festival (this was long before they started doing this to everyone) and they weren't checking anyone else's, so I said no. Well there was a cop standing close by and then he came over and he wanted to check and I also said no. The security says no check, no entry, so I said fine I'm not coming in. The cop proceeded to follow me and continue to ask to look in the bag. I kept saying no, none of your business what's in the bag. He was pissed, but too bad for him. His partner came over and basically said forget it.

I have also been pulled over for a broken headlight and asked if it was ok to have a look in my car......um NO, it's not ok.

Spoke to the cops through the locked screen door while hosting a party and they were there on a noise complaint (many years ago). They said they were going to come in and have a look around, I said not unless you have a warrant. I can come out for you to give me the ticket....

I'm not saying to never listen to the police, but you don't have to do something just because they tell you to. You have rights.

At that point she was not drunk behind the wheel of a car and from the looks of it, not under arrest either, therefore under no obligation to follow this !@#$s order to get into her car. Why would he want her to get into her car? If she was so shitfaced, why not his car?

In some instances you wrote you do have rights. Your first example is silly, because your ONLY right is too walk away and not go to the show. Why the 'tude dude?

Because staggering around piss assed drunk on the side of the road is a safety hazzard. Sounds like he was concerned for her safety. Imagine that..........

Because staggering around piss assed drunk on the side of the road is a safety hazzard. Sounds like he was concerned for her safety. Imagine that..........

so put her back in her car so she can drive off?

In some instances you wrote you do have rights. Your first example is silly, because your ONLY right is too walk away and not go to the show. Why the 'tude dude?

That's what I did. The cop followed me, I kept walking.

so put her back in her car so she can drive off?

Try and get out of your car when you've been pulled over and see how you're treated by a cop. Pretty much the way she was. Best to have her in her car with the engine off than staggering around the road.

Try and get out of your car when you've been pulled over and see how you're treated by a cop. Pretty much the way she was. Best to have her in her car with the engine off than staggering around the road.

I have been out of my car while pulled over and not slammed into my vehicle once. I would like to see how this would be handled by 100 different cops. My guess is that 98 or so of them would have handled it a lot better and would not have been arrested themselves