Bills need to fix LB's and DB's core

I think Shepherd is mediocre and is at most a 2 down LB. I think that Morrison should start at MLB with Moats at SLB and Barnett at WLB. I also think that Mark Anderson can't play the run and that Kelsay is better in run support, and may replace him in running situations.

I agree completely

either way though, Sheppard or Morrison are only 2 down MLBers at best, and neither is the long term answer there IMO

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when bird was injured, chan tried him a few times. Everyone prospected him as a better saftey than corner aswell.

and you people act like im changing the entire defense. I'm going back to what worked last year and improving.

So if that really happened a "few times" during one game last year as you say, was it enough of a sample size for you to say it worked last year and go back to it? I think not!

Whatever though, I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Just glad you are not making the decisions that matter. I'll defer to the guys running the team and trust they are making the most sound decisions that ultimately will help the team win. Thanks for playing.

Edited by FreakPop

when bird was injured, chan tried him a few times. Everyone prospected him as a better saftey than corner aswell.

and you people act like im changing the entire defense. I'm going back to what worked last year and improving.

When was Byrd injured? What games did WIlliams play safety? I swear you're just making this stuff up as you go long.

Also who is everyone that projected him better at safety?

And finally, your changes are foolish.

When was Byrd injured? What games did WIlliams play safety? I swear you're just making this stuff up as you go long.

Also who is everyone that projected him better at safety?

And finally, your changes are foolish.

Who knows what the op is thinking.

Just looked Williams up and a couple of scouting profiles suggest he "MIGHT DEVELOP" into a decent safety because of his size. That is all that is said about him being a safety, didn't say he played there at UT.

So because of that and apparently the op seen Chan try him at safety for a couple of plays, I guess the op is all in for Williams overtaking Wilson/Searcy or Byrd for a safety position. Really!

I think Shepherd is mediocre and is at most a 2 down LB. I think that Morrison should start at MLB with Moats at SLB and Barnett at WLB. I also think that Mark Anderson can't play the run and that Kelsay is better in run support, and may replace him in running situations.

Perhaps..... , that or give Tank a chance in the middle?

Just off the top of my head, I can only think of about four three down MLB's. Wilis, Urlacher(not sure he si any good in coverage anymore), Lewis, and Mayo. I'm sure there are more but these are the only superstars I can think of.

My point is I don't think the MLB position has to be a three down LB and didn't Barnett play MLB in the nickel and dime defenses last year?

I agree with a previous poster the starting MLB for 2013 is likley not on this roster. Will have to live with Sheppard for a year. I don't think he is big enough to take on blockers and shed them. I don't care what his height and weight are listed as he just doesn't look the part. The four listed above are much bigger yet just as fast.

I know we didnt see much from the bills this preseason but from what I scantly gathered, This is what the bills should do. Arthur moats, we all know this guy can tackle. I would replace kelvin sheppard with moats on outside. I know he isn't as fast but he is fast enough. Keep Barnett in the middle and have Kirk Morrison on the other side. Bryan Scott needs to be put back into strong saftey spot in rotation with George Wilson. Bird as free saftey. For the corners, they need to have Aaron Williams and Leodis Mckelvin start. For nickle package, throw in Mcgee and dime package use Gilmore. I would use howell on rotation in dime/quarter/dollar schemes. Shawne Merriman and Chris Kelsey and Kelvin sheppard would be 2nd stringers, and the obvious starting D line would be Mario Williams, Kyle Williams, Marcell Dareus and Mark Anderson.

I know we all have different opinions but gilmore hasn't impressed me yet to earn the starting job. I'm somewhat hesitant to use Aaron Williams as a corner(I think he plays better as a free saftey). But I'm willing to give him a chance.

The starting Linebackers did not get it done yesterday, they were caught out of position. The DB's are not going to stop a runnng back with an OL blocking for him on consistant basis, that is a Wanstadt problem.

The starting Linebackers did not get it done yesterday, they were caught out of position. The DB's are not going to stop a runnng back with an OL blocking for him on consistant basis, that is a Wanstadt problem.

It's called preseason games with no game planning. Ever heard of vanilla?

I know we didnt see much from the bills this preseason but from what I scantly gathered, This is what the bills should do. Arthur moats, we all know this guy can tackle. I would replace kelvin sheppard with moats on outside. I know he isn't as fast but he is fast enough. Keep Barnett in the middle and have Kirk Morrison on the other side. Bryan Scott needs to be put back into strong saftey spot in rotation with George Wilson. Bird as free saftey. For the corners, they need to have Aaron Williams and Leodis Mckelvin start. For nickle package, throw in Mcgee and dime package use Gilmore. I would use howell on rotation in dime/quarter/dollar schemes. Shawne Merriman and Chris Kelsey and Kelvin sheppard would be 2nd stringers, and the obvious starting D line would be Mario Williams, Kyle Williams, Marcell Dareus and Mark Anderson.

I know we all have different opinions but gilmore hasn't impressed me yet to earn the starting job. I'm somewhat hesitant to use Aaron Williams as a corner(I think he plays better as a free saftey). But I'm willing to give him a chance.

George Wilson is a great guy with sub marginal talent in my opinion It may be catching up to him. Williams has had two bad pre season games in a row. Searcy is not there yet. Delano Howell has looked better than all of them. Byrd got fried yesterday big time.

George Wilson is a great guy with sub marginal talent in my opinion It may be catching up to him. Williams has had two bad pre season games in a row. Searcy is not there yet. Delano Howell has looked better than all of them. Byrd got fried yesterday big time.

vanilla