Bills vs Viking GDT

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Glenn is letting Hairston back in the race for the LT spot. Holy crap none of our receivers can get open. Shepp not showing much, can't get off simple one on one blocks. Aaron Williams is shaky to say the least in man coverage.

Fitz needs to have a little better pocket presense (throw in a pump fake once in a while). Too many passes into the flat for Lee Smith or guys who you know aren't do anything with the ball. Running plays honestly aren't creative. Sweep plays out of the shot gun don't always work. Throw in a draw play once in a while.

Marcus Easley should not be returning kicks let alone playing WR. No burst, no separation, no assets really. Minnesota's TE's have made more plays than I'd like them to. Where's Mario? I get it, it's preseason. But one, maybe two plays? not much to ask.

I'm not going to write them off based on this one half but they haven't done ANYTHING right other than a nice play from Jones. That Stevie play for instance, nice throw, nice catch, but then ruins it with the fumble. Bad penalties need to stop. That's simple disciplinary matters. VERY interested in what Gailey has to say.

Just wait till post game when everyone's frustrated. Brace for impact on TBD

Is anyone out there concerned than Sheppard might not be the answer? I can't honestly say that I've seen him this year or the last half of last year (I know he was hurt), as a guy that has a nose for the ball. I know it's too early, but I don't see the agressiveness and he doesn't peel off a single blocker

Absolutely, he was a concern last season too.

Everyone lauded his tackles, but for a starting MLB he hardly posted average numbers much less big numbers. He's also out of position since he's more of an ILB than MLB.

I've thought all along that they needed to put Barnett in the middle.

But to answer your question, yes, absolutely I think that he and the other OLB spots are a huge concern. Tonight proved it as did last week and much of last season.

IMO that and novice CBs are going to be the downfall of the D. Great DL, but you need some talent in the back too. Barnett's also starting to get a little long in the tooth.

Just flipped through this thread to see what has transpired. As usual, it's nice to see such an alarming mix of schizophrenia and paranoia.

LOL

It is amusing, ain't it.

I'm watching on my phone so I'm not getting the best look at the action. But Cordy Glenn looks awful. Frankly so did Fitz.

Plus I hope the NFL is watching these refs closely. If they start the season with scab refs they will cost teams games.

PTR

Everyone's going to be down on Fitz by the bye week. I assure you.

As to Glenn, he was going up against the best. I'll reserve opinion on him one way or the other, but consider the opponent tonight.

I was glad to see the Bills starting D get a couple of sacks, and good pressure on the QB, but they still have some work to do.

Yes, but unfortunately the work that needs to be done is to get these players experience. That doesn't bode well going into the season. The pass D was hardly impressive tonight despite two sacks. Ponder? Really?

Operation banish fitz. Let's go Vince. Nice to see a ball go more than 5 yards and telegraphed

LOL

Keep the scotch handy.

Everyone's going to be down on Fitz by the bye week. I assure you.

As to Glenn, he was going up against the best. I'll reserve opinion on him one way or the other, but consider the opponent tonight.

Fitz picked it up as the game went on he looked Sharp. But young is looking good with 2nd teamers... never a bad thing to have a capable #2 who can win for you and make defenses plan for 2 very different styles

Yes, but unfortunately the work that needs to be done is to get these players experience. That doesn't bode well going into the season. The pass D was hardly impressive tonight despite two sacks. Ponder? Really?

LOL

Keep the scotch handy.

I agree. Guys like Sheppard and A. Williams really need all the work they can get, because they did not look good tonight.

The good:

Dareus and Kyle Williams - Dareus could be the best player on DL?

Fred Jackson - Any question who is going to get the bulk of the RB touches?

Donald Jones - I have liked him at camp the 2 times I went, good to see a nice play tonight. Remember Peter King had tagged him as a sleeper last year before his injuries

Ron Brooks - Don't want to get too excited, but can you envision him and Gilmore as the shutdown CBs of the future?

Potter - What a leg - makes KO returns a non-issue

Young to Graham - They did their homework on TJ, this draft has the potential of being one of the all time best (Gilmore, Glenn, TJ, Brooks)

The not so good:

OLine - They have a lot of work to do. Eric Wood is very important

LBs - Definitely the weakest position on the team, look for lots of LBs taken in '13 draft

Spiller - No panic here, he looked good in camp, but I don't like him taking losses and going east-west a lot

I still think they will be pretty good but they have work to do.

I'm watching on my phone so I'm not getting the best look at the action. But Cordy Glenn looks awful. Frankly so did Fitz.

Plus I hope the NFL is watching these refs closely. If they start the season with scab refs they will cost teams games.

PTR

They just highlighted him and it looks like he did some good things as well

LOL

Keep the scotch handy.

I love scotch. Scotchy scotch scotch Haaaaa

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I was glad to see the Bills starting D get a couple of sacks, and good pressure on the QB, but they still have some work to do.

This.

4 man pressure and 3 sacks. I'd say thats an improvement. When's the last time that happened. Grated they gave up some big pays, but that could be a scheme issue, who knows.