"Mayhem" Interview

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interview from the NY Post: http://www.nypost.co...jGBnDnHg5Pfl65O

Some Highlights....."They are moving him around from his usual outside pass rush spot. He has lined up as an inside linebacker and even in the 3-technique over a guard........The problem for Maybin has never been playing fast, though. His problems have based on poor technique and being too light. This offseason, Maybin has packed on the pounds. He reached 254 pounds before dropping down to 240 before camp. It is a challenge for Maybin to keep weight on. He said he’s needed IVs during camp because he has lost as much as 10 pounds during a practice.

At lunch, he puts on a show. He said his usual lunch consists of 4-8 chicken breast, a steak or fish, a salad, a vegetable, and a “really big” bowl of fruit. Maybin said the Jets plan on using his metabolism to their advantage this season. If they face a run-heavy team, he will add weight. A pass heavy team? He will lose it. “I can gain or lose 20 pounds in a 3-day period,” Maybin said. “It’s ridiculous.”

Yes it is. I can't wait for the season to start!!!

Edited by Cville Bills

Interview from the NY Post: http://www.nypost.co...jGBnDnHg5Pfl65O

Some Highlights....."They are moving him around from his usual outside pass rush spot. He has lined up as an inside linebacker and even in the 3-technique over a guard........The problem for Maybin has never been playing fast, though. His problems have based on poor technique and being too light. This offseason, Maybin has packed on the pounds. He reached 254 pounds before dropping down to 240 before camp. It is a challenge for Maybin to keep weight on. He said he’s needed IVs during camp because he has lost as much as 10 pounds during a practice.

At lunch, he puts on a show. He said his usual lunch consists of 4-8 chicken breast, a steak or fish, a salad, a vegetable, and a “really big” bowl of fruit. Maybin said the Jets plan on using his metabolism to their advantage this season. If they face a run-heavy team, he will add weight. A pass heavy team? He will lose it. “I can gain or lose 20 pounds in a 3-day period,” Maybin said. “It’s ridiculous.”

Yes it is. I can't wait for the season to start!!!

!@#$ing WOW.

I really don't understand how this not meant as a prank--- even if one could gain 20 lbs in 3 days, how is that weight going to positively affect your play on the football field? It is as useful as strapping 20 lb weights under your uniform if it's just weight and not muscle, right? Am I dreaming this? What coach would buy into this philosophy??

I really don't understand how this not meant as a prank--- even if one could gain 20 lbs in 3 days, how is that weight going to positively affect your play on the football field? It is as useful as strapping 20 lb weights under your uniform if it's just weight and not muscle, right? Am I dreaming this? What coach would buy into this philosophy??

This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to using Maybin's metabolic advantage. I hear the Jets are actually refining it to the point where Maybin will weigh more on run downs and less on passing downs. He will actually gain/lose those 20 pounds between plays!

I can't believe how stupid the Bills' coaches were.

GO BILLS!!!

Haven't seen this posted yet, but I'm sure it'll be pointed out if it was.

Today's New York Post's article on Maybin is amusing. I'm looking past the first first ten paragraphs of Buffalo-related stuff. I'll quote from there, bolding the parts that made me shake my head:

This offseason, Maybin has packed on the pounds. He reached 254 pounds before dropping down to 240 before camp. It is a challenge for Maybin to keep weight on. He said he’s needed IVs during camp because he has lost as much as 10 pounds during a practice.

At lunch, he puts on a show. He said his usual lunch consists of 4-8 chicken breast, a steak or fish, a salad, a vegetable, and a “really big” bowl of fruit.
Maybin said the Jets plan on using his metabolism to their advantage this season. If they face a run-heavy team, he will add weight. A pass heavy team? He will lose it.

“I can gain or lose 20 pounds in a 3-day period,” Maybin said. “It’s ridiculous.”

I'm no doctor, but I'd like to hear from one or two on this board. How can this possibly be healthy? Has a player ever been used in this manner? To me, this is an injury waiting to happen on Opening Day, and continues to prove that Rex is a complete moron.

But I'd love the pros' take.

BA

Edited by Bud Adams

Why is TBD so obsessed with former Bills players they don't like?

Obsessed? C'mon. The linked NY Post article is groundbreaking stupid. Even for Maybin. He's bringing this crap on himself.

Perhaps you're obsessed with those you perceive as obsessed?

GO BILLS!!!

If you look at the homepage, its a Buffalo Bills Forum. That usually means that people who are

signed in are allowed to discuss whatever they wish (within reason) both pro and con.

Are you a member of the thought police who feels the need to make everyone fall in line

with your way of thinking and put a happy face on Ronnie Harmon, Marshawn, Walt Patulski, Maybin,

Donte Whitner etc ? Theres 4 guys that flame out for every success story in the NFL and it would certainly

be a boring forum if everyone blew sunshine up the a$$es of all of the Bills players and coaches 24/7/365

some kids eat paste, or crayons, or lead paint chips... aaron maybin ate sponges from infomercials, and had a sham wow as a blanket which he also may have nibbled on.

the end result is he can hold 20 lbs of water more than any of us.

i normally agree with this sentiment, but this is a medical marvel to me now. im very curious and dont even generally dislike him.

It's nothing personal. If the player goes to a division rival, he (whoever "he" may be) is the enemy. I felt the same way about Thurman when he signed with the Fins. I despised him for that entire season.

BA