AMC - Hell on Wheels

/dev/null

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got around to watching S3 premire last night, and I must say, this seems much better than anything I've seen so far. They actually deal with things that one could expect to encounter in building a transcontinental railroad, like supply issues and eminent domain over homsteaders. Too bad AMC has apparently given up on this show by putting it on Saturday night, and I understand that even AV Club will not be reviewing subsequent episodes.

A shame...

Just got around to watching S3 premire last night, and I must say, this seems much better than anything I've seen so far. They actually deal with things that one could expect to encounter in building a transcontinental railroad, like supply issues and eminent domain over homsteaders. Too bad AMC has apparently given up on this show by putting it on Saturday night, and I understand that even AV Club will not be reviewing subsequent episodes.

A shame...

when you air at 10 PM, I actually think Saturday night may help ratings more then hurt...

• 3 weeks later...

Well? Have you guys been watching? Pretty good show still. I'm loving it.

yeah, I am not sure what the point of the Swede segments are. We know he's a loony, I don't see the point in updating his exploits, it just don't fit the narrative.

The last two episodes were a bit of a drag for me, they are getting away from waht has been working this season, which is, the building of the railroad. I am not sure at this point we need more character development episodes. However, looks like next week we get a cholera outbreak.

Hope is not lost for a 4th season, I hear the viewership for this season is actually doing quite well...

yeah, I am not sure what the point of the Swede segments are. We know he's a loony, I don't see the point in updating his exploits, it just don't fit the narrative.

My suspiscion is that the Swede is going to end up at a Mormon commnunity. Bohannen has already had dealings with Mormons. Eventually the two will meet

My suspiscion is that the Swede is going to end up at a Mormon commnunity. Bohannen has already had dealings with Mormons. Eventually the two will meet

I liked the scene between Grant and Bohannon when Grant talked him in to finishing the railroad. I'm living this series.

The swede will definitely meet up with Bohannon again. It's just a matter of time.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, really is a pretty decent season. With the exception of the "baby is missing" and the "trial" episodes, I found each one to be rather good. I am hopeful there will be a S4.

Has some up's and down's but looks on track now. Previews of next week show a large mounted gang going to attack Bohannon and the rail crew. What's that about?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, that was, what? They better hope AMC picks up a season 4 or that will go down a one of the most bizarre finales ever.

Things I liked: the Swede and Bohannon together again, the tension was great! Bohannon's hot teen wife back again; the fact that Bohanno is a murder, but is not without honor, and. Hose to marry the girl he busted up, I also loved his interaction with his new father-in-law; Bendix straight up busting a cap in the tuba player and no one seemed to care,

Things I hated: a grizzly bear, really? Elam getting not a scratch in a dust up with five Indian warriors; Eva wandering around moaning about Elam being dead, the missed opportunity to develop the hotel lady a bit more...

I don't think Elam is dead. If so, that was one bizarre way to kill him. I think Grant (if the show comes back) will have a prominent role next season.

Also, was this the season finale? It usually says "season finale/series finale" in my info section for DTV subscribers. It didn't say that...

Edit: Ok, so it was the finale. There better be a season 4. Too much left up in the air, and there aren't any positive critics of the finale at all. What a shame.

Edited by Kevin

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I liked the scene between Grant and Bohannon when Grant talked him in to finishing the railroad. I'm living this series.

I think that might have been my favorite scene of the season, and I laughed out loud during the Durant/Cheyenne lines.

I know I'm behind but I don't have cable and wait for the seasons on Netflix. I'm happy to hear they picked it up again. I loved season 1 and was very disappointed in season 2 (except for the last two episodes), but though S3 was the best so far. Very curious to see how Bohanon is getting out of the Fort.

Anyway...guess I'm out until next year to avoid spoilers.

• 1 month later...

Elam must have wanted off the show. damn.

Ya, I didn't see that comming, really tugged at your heart when Bohannon had to take his best friend down. Figured bringing Elam back from the bear attack it would get him back into the story line.

The shootout Bohannon's old military buddy had was crazy.

• 2 weeks later...

Ya, I didn't see that comming, really tugged at your heart when Bohannon had to take his best friend down. Figured bringing Elam back from the bear attack it would get him back into the story line.

The shootout Bohannon's old military buddy had was crazy.

Awesome episode. Now lets see what he will do with Durant in the clink.

Wager on Bohannon killing the governor and the sheriff? He seems mighty pissed. Can't wait till next week.

Sheriff no doubt. Governor, don't get your hopes up

Campbell, like Durant, is an historical figure. The historical Campbell serves as Governor of Wyoming until 1875 and dies in 1880

http://www.wyohistory.org/encyclopedia/john-campbell

• 1 month later...

One of my favorite shows, been with it since day 1. Can't wait to see this episode, I choose to watch Transformers 4 last night instead of HoW. I chose poorly...

I never watch "live" television anymore unless it's sports. The commercials are getting out of hand. Also, looks like DirecTV and AMC are having a negotiation commercial war.

This show was one of the best shows in this series to date. I think the Irishmen are going to really mess things up.