AMC - Hell on Wheels

/dev/null

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, it's a great idea, however, the execution in S1 was somewhat lacking. At times, I was QUITE bored with it, and other than Bohannon, Elam, and the Swede, the characters are uninteresting and bland. I will watch S2, but they really need to pick it up if they are going to survive to S3.

I will also add that the production is top notch, I am just not sure where the story is going. This is not necessarily a bad thing, it just tends to be a bit dull to me so far...

Edited by TheMadCap

Honestly, it's a great idea, however, the execution in S1 was somewhat lacking. At times, I was QUITE bored with it, and other than Bohannon, Elam, and the Swede, the characters are uninteresting and bland. I will watch S2, but they really need to pick it up if they are going to survive to S3.

I will also add that the production is top notch, I am just not sure where the story is going. This is not necessarily a bad thing, it just tends to be a bit dull to me so far...

I agree with all of that. I like the show while I'm watching it, but I don't find myself really looking forward to the next episode like "Breaking Bad", "Mad Men", etc. Maybe the Irish brothers will shake things up a bit?

I agree with all of that. I like the show while I'm watching it, but I don't find myself really looking forward to the next episode like "Breaking Bad", "Mad Men", etc. Maybe the Irish brothers will shake things up a bit?

They seemed to be the comedic element in S1, I cannot buy them being inforcers as they were being set up as in the premire...

I saw a couple commercials for this during Breaking Bad. Anybody seen it? Is it worth catching?

Wow is all I can say. Thanks for the tip, never heard of it till I saw this thread. I checked it it out and got so fascinated I ran non stop to S1 E5 [the boxing match in E5 had me on the edge of my seat.]

How anyone could not like it is beyond me. Sure no wasted time with a weepy Skyler in this one.

Well got caught up to S2 E1. One thing puzzles me. In that episode we see Bohannon shot point blank in the face during the train robbery. Then we see him unhurt in a wagon going to jail. What am I missing here?

Wasn't Bohannon that got shot. Next scene the doc was tending to the guy that got shot and died

My guess is Durant bails Bohannon out, the Reverend scalps Injun Joe for banging his daughter, and Elam goes Blazing Saddles

Wasn't Bohannon that got shot. Next scene the doc was tending to the guy that got shot and died

My guess is Durant bails Bohannon out, the Reverend scalps Injun Joe for banging his daughter, and Elam goes Blazing Saddles

Sure looked and sounded like Bohannon. How did they get captured anyway? Seems like pieces are missing from my internet version. I go from what looks like Bohannon bring shot directly to Durant with the fair haired lady from the west looking at the prairie, then the wagon with bars Bohannon is in.

Sure looked and sounded like Bohannon. How did they get captured anyway? Seems like pieces are missing from my internet version. I go from what looks like Bohannon bring shot directly to Durant with the fair haired lady from the west looking at the prairie, then the wagon with bars Bohannon is in.

I thought he got shot too at first (then it went to commercial, which I FF'd thru).

I'm guessing he got pistol whipped or something that knocked him unconscious and he got caught after the Alabama boys left

I thought he got shot too at first (then it went to commercial, which I FF'd thru).

I'm guessing he got pistol whipped or something that knocked him unconscious and he got caught after the Alabama boys left

Nice if they would make that clear, I saw him get shot and thought "no more Bohannon? You're kidding me." Then he reappears unscratched.

Not sure Durant can bail him out. Those pesky US marshals seem to have a interest in him.

Nice if they would make that clear, I saw him get shot and thought "no more Bohannon? You're kidding me." Then he reappears unscratched.

Yeah I thought he got shot too. I was like WTF, this show already jumped the shark? Is he being replaced with Ted McGinnley? Should have been done better

Not sure Durant can bail him out. Those pesky US marshals seem to have a interest in him.

Durant has that Senator by the short and curlies. I'm sure he has other connection$ in Wa$hington too. He'll call in a favor, grease the right palms, has the dirt on somebody, or something

Yeah I thought he got shot too. I was like WTF, this show already jumped the shark? Is he being replaced with Ted McGinnley? Should have been done better

Durant has that Senator by the short and curlies. I'm sure he has other connection$ in Wa$hington too. He'll call in a favor, grease the right palms, has the dirt on somebody, or something

Yeah Durant's the man alright. Favorite character on the show, trucks no nonsense what so ever.

Was not he [the actor] on star trek? He sure looks familiar.

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

Yeah Durant's the man alright. Favorite character on the show, trucks no nonsense what so ever.

Was not he [the actor] on star trek? He sure looks familiar.

Yeah he was Miles O'Brien. Transporter operater on Next Generation and station chief on Deep Space Nine. Check out one of my earlier posts in this thread:

Chief O'Brien has an interesting character thus far and Todd the Wraithe is kind of creepy

"Todd the Wraithe" is a reference to a Stargate: Atlantis character played by The Swede. I love that over the top accent :lol:

Yeah he was Miles O'Brien. Transporter operater on Next Generation and station chief on Deep Space Nine. Check out one of my earlier posts in this thread:

"Todd the Wraithe" is a reference to a Stargate: Atlantis character played by The Swede. I love that over the top accent :lol:

I would say the Swede is creepiest character I've ever seen if not for the reverend/pastor [Not father! Are you a Papist?]