What I found to be most unsettling

You and me both brother. Well most of my posts are on that insane asylum also know as PPP.

It's amazing how different it feels on this side of the tracks lol

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw a completely different game. I thought the secondary was stellar. It was 7-6--should have been 7-13--how carved up can you get?

Thought the offensive line got manhandled all game. O line is my biggest concern.

As for positives--Tank Carder, IMO, will be seeing regular plays soon. Graham is super fast, and appears to have good hands. SJ is dominant. Both of our new corners look like legit starters. Byrd's going to be a star.

I only found 2 things unsettling:

1. First defensive series of the game: looking at the DL left to right+ seeing 3 studs :thumbsup: and that stone-cold loser Chris Kelsay :thumbdown: starting.

2. Later on, seeing another #68 named Williams playing OL and bringing the suck... it's too soon. :thumbdown:

Everything else was OK for a 1st pre-season game, I especially was glad to see that TJ is no Roscoe. :thumbsup:

Ron Brooks was absolutely SOLID. Loved the way he played.

Watched it on replay. Hearing all the doom/gloom radio talk I assumed the worst. Watched it, and came away quite happy with what I saw.

The scheme was about as opposite of a Chan Gailey offense as you can get.

Early defense looked big and nasty.

Edited by Thunderstealer

I only found 2 things unsettling:

1. First defensive series of the game: looking at the DL left to right+ seeing 3 studs :thumbsup: and that stone-cold loser Chris Kelsay :thumbdown: starting.

2. Later on, seeing another #68 named Williams playing OL and bringing the suck... it's too soon. :thumbdown:

Everything else was OK for a 1st pre-season game, I especially was glad to see that TJ is no Roscoe. :thumbsup:

:lol:

Also keep in mind that if you were worried about the one Washington drive where they scored a TD you have to understand that the Defense was playing a very base scheme in the pre-season (Let alone the first pre-season game). The D-line looked stout the LB's decent and the secondary OK.

Most defenses in preseason are usually just line up and go, they rarely blitz, pull stunts or line up differently.