• 75%
    • 50%
    • 25%
  3. 3. What should the bottom 25% pay?

• 25%
    • 15%
    • 10%
    • Nothing why should they?

You assume the system is broken. For those inside the beltway, the system is working quite well

If only we had someone outside the beltway, not a career politician but a true American businessman or something like that. Someone who knows the value of dollar. A real man. Someone who has been screwed over by the status quo and paid way more than his fair share. Someone with the balls to stand up for what he believes in and not be manipulated by what it takes to just get the support of established political divides. True conviction. Our dark knight. Not hero America deserves but what it needs right now. The batman.

If only we had someone outside the beltway, not a career politician but a true American businessman or something like that. Someone who knows the value of dollar. A real man. Someone who has been screwed over by the status quo and paid way more than his fair share. Someone with the balls to stand up for what he believes in and not be manipulated by what it takes to just get the support of established political divides. True conviction. Our dark knight. Not hero America deserves but what it needs right now. The batman.

Batman was born into incredible wealth. Hence the toys.

Batman was born into incredible wealth. Hence the toys.

Nobody knows who the batman is. He's just a symbol. He could be anybody. Anybody could have a tank. Anybody can fix the tax code. It just takes angry raspy voice.

Personally I think anyone getting welfare should be paying the same % of the tax out of their check as the top earners.

I know I'm a raging liberal on this board but in all honesty how does this make any sense? Maybe it does somehow...and I just don't get it...but seriously...I want to know. Batman would have a better plan than this. I have to believe that.

Edited by TheNewBills

I know I'm a raging liberal on this board but in all honesty how does this make any sense? Maybe it does somehow...and I just don't get it...but seriously...I want to know. Batman would have a better plan than this. I have to believe that.

I wouldn't go so far as to call you "raging", or even "flaming". I think I could draw the line at "godless" or maybe "self-loathing". ;)

You should have to perform work for your welfare check, or EBT funds, as the case is now. Round 'em up, put 'em to work, and pay 'em after the job is done.

I see people work everyday for their benefits at my place of employment...

Considering the Federal Tax code is 72,000 pages long, I have been liking the idea of a flat tax more and more.

The loopholes, deduction, credits, etc have become an avenue for more Government control over the behavior of Americans.... it is also how elelcted officials shower thier favoritism and goodies, and how people with power carve out exception that help their specific interests.

Push as many program to the State as legally possible...

I don't know what rate would achieve Flat Tax goal, whether it is something like Herman Cain proposed, or whether it is a graded flat rate based on income levels... but there HAS to be a simpler way that 72K pages....

Where do you work and what do those people do for their welfare?

you don't have to jobless to benefit from the myriad of social assistance programs... there are alot of working poor how get food stamp and healthcare provided because they don't make enough/ get a group plan through their employment.

The loopholes, deduction, credits, etc have become an avenue for more Government control over the behavior of Americans.... it is also how elelcted officials shower thier favoritism and goodies, and how people with power carve out exception that help their specific interests.

Don't limit that thought to the tax code.

That's a pretty common theme for most of the gov't.