Robert Gallery Retires

The longer this off-season goes on the more I see the Pats* and the division as a whole being vulnerable. The Jets offense is a mess and the team is going to be torn apart by Tebow vs Sanchez (Seriously who trades themselves into a QB controversy).

The Dolphins are a mess at QB and are pretty much rebuilding with a new coach, and their D which was pretty good at times last season is switching back to a 4-3 so that's going to take a step back.

Now the Pats* seem to be showing weaknesses. Gallery and Waters were expected to compete for the starting RG spot and now they both might be out, and Mankins one of the few sure things on that line is on the PUP list. And Vollmer their starting RT is on the PUP list with back issues.

Matt Light also retired early in the off-season. Now Nate Solder is a decent replacement at LT but with Vollmer having back issues puts that RT spot in question, the combo of Waters/Gallery is gone at RG, Mankins is coming off of reconstruction surgery and is on the PUP list that could spell issues at LG, and Dan Koppen isn't a sure thing at Center.

That Pats* O-line is suddenly becoming a vulnerability.

He's 100% correct. When AP came into the league he had Matt Birk (6X Pro Bowler), Steve Hutchinson (7X All Pro), and Mckinnie before he became a fat pile of crap. I would definitely say AP's early success was due in large part to his line.

He played 2 seasons with Birk, the other Birk was injured. Bryant McKinnie has always been overrated. Hutch I'll give you even though he's not been the same the last two years.

Barry Sanders played with Lomas Brown and Kevin Glover who were both pro bowlers. Did the line make him?

You also left out the fact that his QBs have been awful outside of one season. He's played with Ferotte, Jackson (rookie), Holcomb, Favre (one great, one god awful), McNabb (cut during the season) and Ponder (rookie). I'm sure that he's seen his fair share of 8 man boxes.

So if his "early success" is attributed to his O line, what has his recent success been attributed to? The golden arms of Ferotte, Ponder and Jackson?

He played 2 seasons with Birk, the other Birk was injured. Bryant McKinnie has always been overrated. Hutch I'll give you even though he's not been the same the last two years.

Barry Sanders played with Lomas Brown and Kevin Glover who were both pro bowlers. Did the line make him?

You also left out the fact that his QBs have been awful outside of one season. He's played with Ferotte, Jackson (rookie), Holcomb, Favre (one great, one god awful), McNabb (cut during the season) and Ponder (rookie). I'm sure that he's seen his fair share of 8 man boxes.

So if his "early success" is attributed to his O line, what has his recent success been attributed to? The golden arms of Ferotte, Ponder and Jackson?

No one is saying AP isnt a good player.... Me thinks your overreacting a bit ;)

New England's training camps must be brutally difficult. Didn't someone else quit on the team a week ago?

Brian Waters will return. He probably wants a little more cash. Training camp isn't a major necessity for someone like BW.

It makes my stomach turn that this man is never going to have to work a day in his life. Why does nobody ever say "I want to be a first round bust when I grow up?"

Never work again? How to do you figure? Most of these idiots are broke 2 years after leaving the NFL. I am sure he will claim concussions though and get in on the lawsuit so you might be right

New England's training camps must be brutally difficult. Didn't someone else quit on the team a week ago?

Brian Waters will return. He probably wants a little more cash. Training camp isn't a major necessity for someone like BW.

True. He signed September 4th and had a Pro Bowl season. But with Mankins being on PUP, Gallery gone, and inexperienced guys behind him, his pricetag just went WAY up.

Agreed, Joe is overeacting just a bit. Bye the way, did he really compare AP with BARRY!! AP couldn't hold BARRY's jock. Put BARRY behind that line AP had his first 2-3 yrs and it's history in the making.

Not overreacting at all. You said, "Maybe Adrian Peterson but I think his o line is a big reason for his success."

I couldn't disagree with you more on that. That's all and I wasn't comparing him to Barry Sanders.