Harry Reid, The Other Mormon

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/2chambers/post/harry-reid-mitt-romney-didnt-pay-taxes-for-10-years/2012/07/31/gJQADXkSNX_blog.html?wprss=rss_2chambers

"Reid suggested that Romney’s decision to withhold tax information would bar him from ever earning Senate confirmation to a Cabinet post. Then, Reid recalled a phone call his office received about a month ago from “a person who had invested with Bain Capital,” according to The Huffington Post.

Reid said the person told him: “Harry, he didn’t pay any taxes for 10 years.”

“He didn’t pay taxes for 10 years! Now, do I know that that’s true? Well, I’m not certain,” Reid told HuffPo. “But obviously he can’t release those tax returns. How would it look?”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/2chambers/post/harry-reid-mitt-romney-didnt-pay-taxes-for-10-years/2012/07/31/gJQADXkSNX_blog.html?wprss=rss_2chambers

"Reid suggested that Romney’s decision to withhold tax information would bar him from ever earning Senate confirmation to a Cabinet post. Then, Reid recalled a phone call his office received about a month ago from “a person who had invested with Bain Capital,” according to The Huffington Post.

Reid said the person told him: “Harry, he didn’t pay any taxes for 10 years.”

“He didn’t pay taxes for 10 years! Now, do I know that that’s true? Well, I’m not certain,” Reid told HuffPo. “But obviously he can’t release those tax returns. How would it look?”

Maybe he didn't. Maybe he wrote off all his gains with losses. Sorry Harry, that's how the tax code works.

Since Romneys on a religious crusade of late, maybe in a bold expression of Mormonism, he reaches across the aisle and taps Reid for VP.

Kind of like the washington equivalent of Donny and Marie Osmond show, and their theme of opposites attract.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Since Romneys on a religious crusade of late, maybe in a bold expression of Mormonism, he reaches across the aisle and taps Reid for VP.

Kind of like the washington equivalent of Donny and Marie Osmond

That would be great. Alienate everybody in the country. :lol:

So you think he should jut release his taxes?

No, I don't care about his taxes. But one of the things I do for a living is help my clients offset realized gains by realizing losses. If he did this and his tax returns showed that and that he paid zero taxes because of this what would you then do?

No, I don't care about his taxes. But one of the things I do for a living is help my clients offset realized gains by realizing losses. If he did this and his tax returns showed that and that he paid zero taxes because of this what would you then do?

B word and moan that "it's not fair!"