Bills National Media Alert

eball

Gilmore:

h:Corner, SC, whats up?

Going pretty good, competing with great WR's we have and a great QB we have, trying to learn every day

h: you were a QB in HS, took off to USC and played a lot

I think it is more a mental part of it, you have to focus every play, a lot of great WR's 1 mistake they can beat you.

h: nix said you make a mistake you get back up, handle advesity.first few times you got beat, how hard were

i am not hard on myself, can't affect the next plays, i put behind me, i learn from it, sj beat me, but he taught me something during the play

h: play installation, i better stay on top of it, isi t hard

it's not hard to me, kind of what we did in colege, but not really we have a lot of checks so i have to study, i'm up front of it

h: landmarks, pedigree as a QB

i know what the QB is looking at, kind of bluff what i am doing, i learned a lot in hs playing QB it's helping me now

h: when beat by SJ13 do you go to them and say what did i do, the way i lined up, indicatoins...

yes, i asked SJ one time i think he beat me 1 time how do he know where the ball going to go, back shoulder or deep, depends where he at, and where fitz throwing the ball, learned to play where the ball at and where his hands are

h: you can only run as fast as they run, you have to switch gears, rookies struggle with that. everyone says cool calm collected, press the best guy:

i think i am beter at prss, i like to get my hands on them, aggressive corner

h: cover 2, run

i think that's good too, haven't ran it much yes, rereoute the guy

h: on your own offense, 1 on 1, no lead

i know what i can do, i know i can hit RB's when i can

h:aggresive as you, game tape from college, the press, guys like to say that guy is really physical, asked stevie, stevies said he can't double move got catch speed

one thing i learned probably during camp you have to give up the shrot routs, stay over top and not give up the big play and play phyiscal

h: any pick? fitz?

yeah, one, i had to dive for it, i hadn't done anything celebration.

h: how many knock downs?

yeah, a few.

h: good, any corner blitzes?

no, not yet me, i look forward to doing it

h: saw it in college, right?

yes sir

h: unsolicitied evey player says ron brooks having good camp

he is playing pretty good, he a nickel back, to me. msart good instincts, he bring a lot to the player, having a great camp

hosts said he is advertised, he matches up against Lloyd, double gronk and welker, need a corner who can handle vertical guy, i think he can handle it. they went on how confident he is but noooooo cockyness.

talked about how they were with the Pats but "it is hard to not have the geneuine excitement for the buffalo bills, a team in progress."

i like their fb team, mark anderson, schedule, mario, 9-7 wildcard. i pick them over the Jets. matching up against the aafcs nfcw. they get those injurines they got more answers this year.

Thanks thanks thanks.

jboyst62, I know you're typing fast, but a couple clarifications in caps for those reading the thread:

Bills Camp Wrapup: Ryan, Kirwan, Moving The Chains.

Final 6 or 7 minutes of observations:

they're going to try to be a silent count, you're going to hear an issue, they may change the mike, he'll overcome it, it may not be opening day it'll be a little time to get it started but both will start. and we found more rookies, ron brooks being one of them. they have an interesting nickel, it's more a dime, bryan scott comes in and plays Mike, right in the middle, we really went to 7 db's with Washington

ONE OF THEM ASKED "HOW DO YOU ATTACK IT?" THEY BOTH RESPONDED WITH "YOU RUN RIGHT AT IT!"

They ran run plays against it, they (offense) did well, Wannstadt will have to fix that.

JUST THOUGHT IT'S INTERESTING THAT THERE'S A PRETTY BIG WEAKNESS TO OUR POTENTIAL NICKLE - THOUGH I'M CONFIDENT THAT IF PAT AND TIM SEE IT, WANNY DOES TOO...

_______

Not sure who is 2 or 3 and where Smith is, smith threw a rocket down the sideline on his one play ( a pass).

The deep passing game is something critical, behind so many games, i don't think he'd have thrown those balls but if there is two high safetyies can he slam it in that hole, tell me about that deep corner route with Fitz

Eli manning, ryan mallet, tom brady, maybe he is not there, they definately need to add a deep outside threat, the jury is out on if he can throw it, if it is TJ Graham, i was recording everything on the matchups, and he had a couple of times he could not seperate, aaron williams locked up on him did a great job for sure, tj has to learn a little shake if he thinks he's going to just release

i didn't see TJ make some great catches, though.

I THINK KIRWAN SAID "I DID SEE HIM MAKE SOME GREAT CATCHES IN THE ONE-ON-ONES THOUGH!"

Again, great recap - not sure how you typed it all so fast! :D

Also, FWIW, I just got Kirwan's book and I'm loving it so far, I'm definitely learning more about football! Highly recommended...

They don't typically replay moving the chains, but they have chalk talk on saturday mornings, est 7:00-8:00 am, where they replay the best interviews of the week like our players and coaches. I't a cut and splice hour from the week.

I could be wrong, but I've not heard them replay moving the chains at night. They usually have late hits from 8:00 pm til late at night, and replay that over night when I'm driving to the gym at 5 am. The only block I'm not sure on is at midnight or so.

A man's got to sleep some time.

Thanks again for jboys for the detailed recap. I hear parts of it between work, and was so much fun to hear.

jboyst62, I know you're typing fast, but a couple clarifications in caps for those reading the thread:

Again, great recap - not sure how you typed it all so fast!

It is so damn hard to type when the two of them are talking especially when an interviewee is typing. Especially when Chix puts the southern draw on or the player goes mush mouth/whispering/mumbler.

And that typing fast is why the women love me.

they had some good players including- Fitz, Sj, Kyle, Nelson, Gilmore, Chandler, Nix and Gailey.

heresa few highlights

Everyone was saying ron brooks looks great, along w gilmore

Cordy looks better than advertised

the two hosts think Nelson is a big xfactor in that he can now block like a TE(how he got hurt btw) but also run seam routes like what shannon sharpe used to do and present big mismatches. that he in a no-huddle will make a big difference since if its a LB they will pass and if its a dime back they will run and he will block them or the DE. Fitz agreed.

Gailey said dickerson looks really good and will make the team.

Gailey and Sj i think said donald jones is probably the #2 and graham the 4rth (shocker) but that aiken and naaman are in there and of course hagan, but said "the jury is out" on easley ( i think hes gone unless he has a GREAT preseason)

They will wait on mcgee and wood and kyle no rush (respect)

Kyle said he can play the 1 or 3 technique but so can dareus so they an adjust to any protection no problem and added that he tells dareus "what to do"

last was that carington seemed unblockable (the hosts said)