Are pre season games televised?

judman

Does anyone know if the pre season games are televised? All I see on the BB website is the option to either buy tix or buy the "Pre Season Live" package to stream games on the computer.

Even last year I was able to watch the pre season games on a BB broadcast with Steve Tasker on the mic and Mike Catalana doing some sideline work. Are those days gone?

I've purchased this the last two years. Very good HD pic on your PC and only $19.99

https://preseason.nfl.com/nflpl/secure/packages?ttv=5&ttp=2&app=PRESEASON_LIVE&icampaign=Prod_PL_Nav&cvsorc=Homepage.PSL.GP_Nav

Agreed. Used this last summer when the vacation condo didn't have NFLN. I also like the NFL game rewind package for $40.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I've purchased this the last two years. Very good HD pic on your PC and only $19.99

https://preseason.nfl.com/nflpl/secure/packages?ttv=5&ttp=2&app=PRESEASON_LIVE&icampaign=Prod_PL_Nav&cvsorc=Homepage.PSL.GP_Nav

Agreed. Used this last summer when the vacation condo didn't have NFLN. I also like the NFL game rewind package for $40.

PTR

Do they have both markets versions of the games available? Seems like on NFLN we usually seem to get the others teams broadcast. I'd prefer to watch WKBW. If so, might actually have to pay this year :rolleyes:

NFLN Bills schedule:

Friday August 10: 4:00 PM – Washington Redskins vs. Buffalo Bills

Saturday August 18: 12 Noon – Buffalo Bills vs. Minnesota Vikings

Monday August 27: 4:00 PM – Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Buffalo Bills

Saturday September 1: 1:00 PM – Buffalo Bills vs. Detroit Lions

PTR

NFLN Bills schedule:

Friday August 10: 4:00 PM – Washington Redskins vs. Buffalo Bills

Saturday August 18: 12 Noon – Buffalo Bills vs. Minnesota Vikings

Monday August 27: 4:00 PM – Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Buffalo Bills

Saturday September 1: 1:00 PM – Buffalo Bills vs. Detroit Lions

PTR

Don't think I can wait for the re-broadcast this year. Has it been your experience with this subscription that you can select the Bills local broadcast, or is it up in the air which teams broadcast you'll get?

Do they have both markets versions of the games available? Seems like on NFLN we usually seem to get the others teams broadcast. I'd prefer to watch WKBW. If so, might actually have to pay this year :rolleyes:

Don't think I can wait for the re-broadcast this year. Has it been your experience with this subscription that you can select the Bills local broadcast, or is it up in the air which teams broadcast you'll get?

It seems to me that in the recent past that they would often have one team's announcing crew for the first half and the other team's crew for the second half.

Or am I dreaming this?

It seems to me that in the recent past that they would often have one team's announcing crew for the first half and the other team's crew for the second half.

Or am I dreaming this?

You're right, that's what they usually do. I may be wrong, but for some reason I thought I remembered that last preseason for the Bills at least we seemed to get stuck at least once or twice with the entire game of the opposing teams local broadcast. Preseason local announcers are heavily biased, and I just prefer to hear the bias in our favor :thumbsup:

In any event, I found the answer to my question, for those interested.

From the Support website:

Can I choose which team's local broadcast I want to watch in NFL Preseason Live during NFL Preseason games?

A: No, there is only scheduled to be one feed available for each NFL Preseason broadcast within NFL Preseason Live.

I'm assuming if you are not in either teams local market, you will not be blacked out of the live broadcast, even if the game is not sold out?

You're right, that's what they usually do. I may be wrong, but for some reason I thought I remembered that last preseason for the Bills at least we seemed to get stuck at least once or twice with the entire game of the opposing teams local broadcast. Preseason local announcers are heavily biased, and I just prefer to hear the bias in our favor :thumbsup:

In any event, I found the answer to my question, for those interested.

From the Support website:

Can I choose which team's local broadcast I want to watch in NFL Preseason Live during NFL Preseason games?

A: No, there is only scheduled to be one feed available for each NFL Preseason broadcast within NFL Preseason Live.

I'm assuming if you are not in either teams local market, you will not be blacked out of the live broadcast, even if the game is not sold out?

Correct.

Edited by nucci

I opted for the $20 online package this year, on the promise they'll have an iPad app. It's still not in the App Store, but they have some time...

I keep seeing that game rewind should have an app coming too. I'll buy it when that happens, but I'm never in front of, nor really want to be in front of a computer except at work, but always have my iPhone on me.

I keep seeing that game rewind should have an app coming too. I'll buy it when that happens, but I'm never in front of, nor really want to be in front of a computer except at work, but always have my iPhone on me.

Don't think it will be an iPhone app...just iPad. But I could be wrong.

If you are outside the US, which I currently am, when you buy NFL Game Pass, you get streams of all the preseason and regular season games. Its not a terrible deal at all. They have 3 packages, the cheapest being the one where you pick 1 team and you'll only get their games. You also get NFL Network with the all the packages. I opted for the most expensive package, as you get NFL rewind and RedZone, plus unlimited access to the NFL coaches film.

They also have iPad and iPhone apps. If you outside the US, it's honestly the way to go, instead of looking for illegal streams.

Correct. They're advertising it as a "tablet" application, for iPad and "selected" Android tablets.

I don't know a lot about the way these things work, but wouldn't the operation system for the iPhone and iPad be very similar outside of the phone features? I didn't realize that there was enough of a difference that an app that works on one could be incompatable on the other.

Correct. They're advertising it as a "tablet" application, for iPad and "selected" Android tablets.

well, i just bought both the preseason and Game Rewind..they better have that damn App out in the next week.

So for my viewing pleasure I now have:

Sunday Ticket

Max

Preseason Games

Game Rewind with Coaches Film

Any wonder why the NFL is the raking in the cake and why even the Bills are worth a $1Biliion.

LOL..if my old man were alive he'd be smaking me upside the head...waste of good money he would say!!.

Least the ticket and the max thing was comped.

Edited by plenzmd1