We were wrong about the Chris Kelsay extension!

Kelsay is one of those guys that if he is the "unaccounted for" player would probably shine......but gets average really quick when he is the best defensive end on your team.....

He is in the right situation.....

I believe that he's about an "average" de that had an above average salary. But he was one of the better players on our team and far and away the best DE we've had for a couple years (sadly). Keeping & rewarding our better players is essential to building a better team and what Nix has us finally doing. Thank God.

Kelsay is one of those guys that if he is the "unaccounted for" player would probably shine......but gets average really quick when he is the best defensive end on your team.....

He is in the right situation.....

right on the money John I have often said Kelsey is like asking your 7 hole hitting to go hit 3 for 3 months. See how it works out

It was sooooo obvious the George Edwards hire was a Sham knowing wanny was going to get canned from Pitt, who then was a sure shoe in to replace Edwards, doomed by his 3-4 transition. Knowing the 4-3 would be reinstalled by wanny they locked up kelsey in a long term deal knowing he was negotiating his contract as a sucky olb instead of a productive DE.

Blindingly obvious move by nix.

It was sooooo obvious the George Edwards hire was a Sham knowing wanny was going to get canned from Pitt, who then was a sure shoe in to replace Edwards, doomed by his 3-4 transition. Knowing the 4-3 would be reinstalled by wanny they locked up kelsey in a long term deal knowing he was negotiating his contract as a sucky olb instead of a productive DE.

Someone will start a thread making this very claim, no doubt.

oh so thats why i did not get it, i was blinded.

It was a lot of money under bizarre circumsatance.

I have always considered Kelsay a darn good soldier. I watched his interview at camp today and i feel he still deserves a ring before retirement or a probowl at least. I dont think any one would be more appreciative.

just goes to show, dont jump to conclusions with Nix. He has a plan. and he is sticking to it.