FYI: Nike "Limited" Jerseys now available

Have been waiting on the mid level "limited" jerseys from nike to become available. Browsing the Bills store a bit ago and they now have these available for Freddy and Fitz in the home color. I immediately ordered a Freddy. Hopefully they make some away jerseys in the future as I don't have a current away jersey. Ill let everyone know how it is when I get it. Go Bills!

• 2 weeks later...

Received my new Fred Jackson "Limited" jersey at the end of last week...the quality of these things is excellent. So much better than the old Reebok replicas. Word of advice to anyone wanting to buy one of the new Nike jerseys online -- go to a sporting goods store and try them on. They are much "sleeker" than what you're used to, but I don't necessarily think they're smaller. I was all set to order an XL, but then I went to Dick's and tried on a Panthers jersey and so glad I did. The L is perfect; not too tight, but also doesn't have the "garbage bag" feel of the older jerseys.

Anyway, for $135 these things blow the former replicas out of the water and thought I'd share. It's unfortunate only two of the "Limited" version jerseys are currently available (Fitz and Freddy), and no road jerseys yet.

The ones that I saw at the Bills Store were nice, but they didn't have some of the details that I'd like to see - such as missing the "Bills" word mark on the front and the charging buffalo logo on the back. Otherwise, they looked great. Ultimately, I decided against them for the lack of detail though. Why would they leave these things off?

How do they compare to the jerseys from DH Gate?

My buddy has a source through that site that he still deals with for the new ones. I got a Mario Williams blue and it's awesome. Much lighter feel and like someone else said they fit a little bit better than the old ones. I paid $45 for what looks and feels like an EXACT replica...even down to the country of manufacture (Honduras).

My buddy has a source through that site that he still deals with for the new ones. I got a Mario Williams blue and it's awesome. Much lighter feel and like someone else said they fit a little bit better than the old ones. I paid $45 for what looks and feels like an EXACT replica...even down to the country of manufacture (Honduras).

I was kidding. I hate DH Gate.

1343667382[/url]' post='2516598']

I was kidding. I hate DH Gate.

I bought 5 jerseys (home Kyle, Dareus, Fred; away Stevie and a throwback Ronnie Lott for my buddy) for $100 bucks last season. Couldn't have been happier with the purchase. The only drawback is the quality fluctuates from vendor to vendor.

The ones that I saw at the Bills Store were nice, but they didn't have some of the details that I'd like to see - such as missing the "Bills" word mark on the front and the charging buffalo logo on the back. Otherwise, they looked great. Ultimately, I decided against them for the lack of detail though. Why would they leave these things off?

Ha -- funny. I noticed the same thing on the website so I called them. Those are just stock photos from Nike; the real jerseys have all of the details you'd expect. "BILLS" is embroidered on the front and the buffalo is on the back.

As for the other questions, the numbers and letters are stitched, and they are flexible rather than the stiff numbers you're used to from a tackle twill jersey. They're the same numbers found on the "Elite" jerseys.

The collar is identical to the "Elite" jersey, with the flywire material incorporated into the front V.

The main advantage over the old Reeboks (and Chinese knockoffs) is the fit -- much more comfortable to wear than your typical jersey. I honestly think the only difference between these and the "Elite" jerseys are some "performance" features in the fabric itself.

Ha -- funny. I noticed the same thing on the website so I called them. Those are just stock photos from Nike; the real jerseys have all of the details you'd expect. "BILLS" is embroidered on the front and the buffalo is on the back.

As for the other questions, the numbers and letters are stitched, and they are flexible rather than the stiff numbers you're used to from a tackle twill jersey. They're the same numbers found on the "Elite" jerseys.

The collar is identical to the "Elite" jersey, with the flywire material incorporated into the front V.

The main advantage over the old Reeboks (and Chinese knockoffs) is the fit -- much more comfortable to wear than your typical jersey. I honestly think the only difference between these and the "Elite" jerseys are some "performance" features in the fabric itself.

I saw the ones at the Bills store in person, and they didnt have the wordmark/logo on the jersey. Maybe they've changed them now..but, that was just last week that I saw them in person.

I saw the ones at the Bills store in person, and they didnt have the wordmark/logo on the jersey. Maybe they've changed them now..but, that was just last week that I saw them in person.

Interesting. Were those practice jerseys?

I got a On Field Mario road. The first one I got had a sharpee marker on it. So I returned it and they sent me a new one. It comes with a thing that says it must be "hand washed". So I washed it in cold water and hung dry. Now, there are few spots on the numbers where it has worn off. A football jersey that must be hand washed? Really? Are you kidding me? This may be my last Nike jersey.

I don't like the material either. It looks like it will easily snag and get the threads ripped.

I've got several old school football jerseys and the numbers have not come off after many machine washings. I also have a MLB baseball jersey that cost about the same and seems to be of much higher quality. I also have a couple of NBA jerseys that don't have to be hand washed or the numbers will come off.

I got a On Field Mario road. The first one I got had a sharpee marker on it. So I returned it and they sent me a new one. It comes with a thing that says it must be "hand washed". So I washed it in cold water and hung dry. Now, there are few spots on the numbers where it has worn off. A football jersey that must be hand washed? Really? Are you kidding me? This may be my last Nike jersey.

I don't like the material either. It looks like it will easily snag and get the threads ripped.

I've got several old school football jerseys and the numbers have not come off after many machine washings. I also have a MLB baseball jersey that cost about the same and seems to be of much higher quality. I also have a couple of NBA jerseys that don't have to be hand washed or the numbers will come off.

I don't know what "on field" means but I'm pretty sure it wasn't the "limited" version, since the only two jerseys I've seen anywhere are the home Fitz and Freddy ones. My jersey came with an insert that said not to put it in the dryer, but otherwise no crazy requirements.

I don't know what "on field" means but I'm pretty sure it wasn't the "limited" version, since the only two jerseys I've seen anywhere are the home Fitz and Freddy ones. My jersey came with an insert that said not to put it in the dryer, but otherwise no crazy requirements.

It's not Limited. It says on the tag "on Field". Here is the one I have: http://www.shopthebills.com/mario-williams-jersey-nike-away-game-buffalo-bills-jersey-2.aspx

It's not Limited. It says on the tag "on Field". Here is the one I have: http://www.shopthebills.com/mario-williams-jersey-nike-away-game-buffalo-bills-jersey-2.aspx

Ahh, yes, you have the "Game" version, which is the equivalent of the old Reebok replicas.

This link explains the differences between Nike's three versions:

Nike jerseys explained

In my opinion, the $35 difference between Limited and Game is a no-brainer (stitched numbers, nicer fit, "real" collar), but there's no way I'd spend another $115 on top of that just to have "zone stretch" and "water repelling" fabric.