Campaign Donor Disclosure Bill

Give him a little credit. He's at least pitching this in a non pBills way. I think we conservatives can debate with him. It's not like he is accusing us of not wanting stop signs because we question global warming (like all the other libtards). The bill was proposed by liberal democrats for a purpose. NewBills is probably a good guy that I'd have a beer summit with. We just need to bring him around.

I like having NewBills around. He does seem like a good guy and it's good to have a little more balance around here -- My only real issue with him on this one is the implication of his last post... Like his opinion is the only possible one to have and anyone who doesn't see it is only being partisan. I just disagree with that.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like having NewBills around. He does seem like a good guy and it's good to have a little more balance around here -- My only real issue with him on this one is the implication of his last post... Like his opinion is the only possible one to have and anyone who doesn't see it is only being partisan. I just disagree with that.

Without a doubt, he's probably ok, but most likely a bad golfer. :devil: Anyway I'll take a discussion with him over the idiots that can't even articulate their position.

I should have known given this is PPP that people here generally would fight/vote against their ability to know things.

One of the things I've come to appreciate about your posts is I now save time and effort reading here. I simply go the end where I find the always-reliable, never-failing final conculsion that after three pages of people counter-proposing and/or disagreeing with your position, you always come home to the fact that the problem is not your point, but that people are simply too stupid to know what you know.

Is it any wonder you carry Obama's water. You guys are tighter'n two fingers up a pig's nose.

Is it any wonder you carry Obama's water. You guys are tighter'n two fingers up a pig's nose.

Heh..........reminds me of the pigeon quote.

"Arguing with liberals is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock out the pieces, crap on the board, and strut around like it is victorious."

Now Republicans block a bill to give tax breaks to those bringing jobs back, and none to those shipping them over seas. :thumbdown:

"Turrible" - Charles Barkley

If you just wanted to "bump" your thread it should at least make sense. Post a !@#$ing link for !@#$s sake.

You can't honestly say it's unambiguously constitutional. The constitution expressly states that congress shall pass no laws infringing on the freedom of speech. And while this doesn't directly inhibit free speech it could do so indirectly, and the court has recognized far more tenuous associations in the past. You may not think it is repugnant to the constitution, but it is a display of algorian hubris to say that it is decided beyond question.

Quoting Scalia on the subject from his interview last night discussing Citizens United:

SCALIA: Oh, I certainly think not. I think, as I think the framers thought, that the more speech, the better. Now, you -- you are entitled to know where the speech is coming from, you know, information as -- as to who contributed what. That's something else.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/18/pmt.01.html

If you just wanted to "bump" your thread it should at least make sense. Post a !@#$ing link for !@#$s sake.

Oh bleh just google "Bring Jobs Home" Bill. Not accusing anyone but some people here like to find links on subjects that they know will discuss them in certain ways ahead of time so everyone can find their own version of the information they want. :)

Crux was 20% tax credit to move jobs back, eliminates tax breaks for companies closing down and moving over seas.

Now Republicans block a bill to give tax breaks to those bringing jobs back, and none to those shipping them over seas. :thumbdown:

"Turrible" - Charles Barkley

Heard that on the radio earlier. I suspect, the devil being in the details, that it was a ****ty bill anyway...but as a matter of principle, hearing that was rather a "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" moment, as it's not all that bad an idea in concept.

Quoting Scalia on the subject from his interview last night discussing Citizens United:

SCALIA: Oh, I certainly think not. I think, as I think the framers thought, that the more speech, the better. Now, you -- you are entitled to know where the speech is coming from, you know, information as -- as to who contributed what. That's something else.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/18/pmt.01.html

Oh bleh just google "Bring Jobs Home" Bill. Not accusing anyone but some people here like to find links on subjects that they know will discuss them in certain ways ahead of time so everyone can find their own version of the information they want. :)

Crux was 20% tax credit to move jobs back, eliminates tax breaks for companies closing down and moving over seas.

So you are now exempting yourself from the need to provide links to subjects you just throw out there? BTW, I'll take Footjoy Pros, beige and white, size 11D with black widow spikes, Al Bundy.

Heard that on the radio earlier. I suspect, the devil being in the details, that it was a ****ty bill anyway...but as a matter of principle, hearing that was rather a "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" moment, as it's not all that bad an idea in concept.

Obviously this would be fuel for the Obama campaign I don't deny that. But things like disclosure, tax breaks to bring jobs back...proposed by the majority in the Senate ready to go...not bad. If it takes politics to get things done then whatever...let's move them through anyway they aren't that bad. The angry minority filibusters again! NEWMAN! :)

1787.jpg

Also for the record I sometimes get news from the tv and a lot from sirius talk so I don't always just have a link I'm looking at...that's the whole "no share linky" beef ...

Of course it's a ****ty bill, it's born out of faux populism, which is opposed by the chamber of commerce. If the chamber of commerce thought it was good for business they'd support it, let me be clear, legislation motivated and crafted through populism hardly ever makes for solid policy.

Edited by WorldTraveller

Obviously this would be fuel for the Obama campaign I don't deny that. But things like disclosure, tax breaks to bring jobs back...proposed by the majority in the Senate ready to go...not bad. If it takes politics to get things done then whatever...let's move them through anyway they aren't that bad. The angry minority filibusters again! NEWMAN! :)

Just found the text of the bill. As such things go, it's one of the better ones - short, to the point, deals with one single topic, no one's adding any riders to study necrophilia in mallard ducks or any stupid **** like that. On skimming it, I have concerns with it (as designed, to basically repatriate jobs to the US, it seems a touch isolationist. I'm sure my opinions will "evolve", however), but it certainly seems worthy of a damn floor debate.

I still think they should go back to the classic "talk to you drop" filibuster format. This whole "We declare a filibuster! Time to go out for hookers and blow!" bull **** is...well, bull ****. Let's put something on CSPAN that we can watch, for once.

Also for the record I sometimes get news from the tv and a lot from sirius talk so I don't always just have a link I'm looking at...that's the whole "no share linky" beef ...

Rookie mistake. One thing I've learned here: never post anything I hear on the radio without a corroborating link. Even if I have to edit a wikipedia article to do it.

Of course it's a ****ty bill, it's born out of faux populism, which is opposed by the chamber of commerce. If the chamber of commerce thought it was good for business they'd support it, let me be clear, legislation motivated and crafted through populism hardly ever makes for solid policy.

If the chamber of commerce doesn't support it, it's bad for the American people? C'mon now.

Just found the text of the bill. As such things go, it's one of the better ones - short, to the point, deals with one single topic, no one's adding any riders to study necrophilia in mallard ducks or any stupid **** like that. On skimming it, I have concerns with it (as designed, to basically repatriate jobs to the US, it seems a touch isolationist. I'm sure my opinions will "evolve", however), but it certainly seems worthy of a damn floor debate.

I still think they should go back to the classic "talk to you drop" filibuster format. This whole "We declare a filibuster! Time to go out for hookers and blow!" bull **** is...well, bull ****. Let's put something on CSPAN that we can watch, for once.

Rookie mistake. One thing I've learned here: never post anything I hear on the radio without a corroborating link. Even if I have to edit a wikipedia article to do it.

Can you link up that text? And the filibuster just needs to be gutted in some way it's ridiculous. Probably won't happen until the Democrats are in the minority but I'll support it then just as much as I would now.

So, you're the prick that took the Nobel Prize off my biography on Wikipedia.