Warren Sapp

As far as I'm concerned, we have the talent to win now, and to go deep in the playoffs, but that depends on many things - as it does with all teams - but this Bills team especially, since teams like N.E., Baltimore, and Pittsburgh show up and win consistently through the variables, like injuries and schedules. Anyway, I think Buffalo could win the division this year if these 3 things happen in our favor:

1. Fitzpatrick plays good. He doesn't have to play great, but he does have to minimize turnovers and stay consistent with his improved accuracy.

2. Our team is coached, and gameplans are, good on both sides. There have been times in the recent past where we've just been outcoached. We've also been much less talented a lot, too - but, my point here is this: teams that are coached excellently, and whose coordinators prepare their respective units with gameplans that take the other team by surprise, or that are just sound, can compete on any given Sunday. We've simply got to be the team that is ahead of our opposition in scheming and play-calling.

3. If our defense comes together and STAYS HEALTHY - and hovers around top 5 in the league, we will be a playoff team. That alone would practically guarantee us the postseason. We know our offense will score - so, if our defense is lights out, especially against our schedule, we'll end up with enough wins to make the post-season.

If it takes until next year, or the year after, for Buffalo to be a contender, it'll either be because of QB play, injuries, or poor game planning. That's my take on it.

Edited by sllib olaffub

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But if those two losses are agaisnt the Pats, we will have some on this board saying means nothing..we can't beats god team :beer::wallbash:

God's team? Don't you mean "Bruschi's team?" I'm glad for your sake he's a forgiving Bruschi otherwise you may have been smitten where you stand.

GO BILLS!!!

Big Warren is an expert ... what qualifies anyone to be an expert? How many games do you have to watch or play? Do you have to be totally neutral in your opinions or do you have to have off-the-wall opinions to be controversial to qualify.

Frankly, I think Big Warren is off-base but then again the national media will jump on the Bills' bandwagon when (ok, if) we win from the start of the season (Remember last year when first the Bills were totally dismissed by the national media but once we started winning a Bills' player was on national media every day and we were loved. Then the injuries hit and the losses started and once again we were the doormats.). Experts are people who try to tie their opinions to known records versus unknown probabilities.

As noted in another thread ... I can not think of any defense that will present opposing quarterbacks with Merriman, Anderson, W. Williams, Dareus, and M. Williams charging in at them on passing downs. That alone will increase the Bills win probability factor. The offense even with the bad second half was still #14 and frequently the Fitz interceptions came after our defense allowed another long scoring drive putting the Bills so far behind that we had to try to force scores. In 2012, I think we will see more frequent 3 and out's from our opposition, which should lead to a stronger offensive production that should lead to victories.

So ... Mr. Sapp ... and any other former players getting paid for looking pretty ... you're wrong but that's ok. I know if the Bills win 3 out of our first 4 games you and the rest of them will be talking about how the Bills' defense has made us a playoff team.

It doesn't take time to transform a defense, especially when every player has mostly played in a 4-3 in college and/or the NFL. But health will be the key.

I could not help but confirm the same.

Simply stated, the Bills were on fire and 5-2 until the injuries started impacting performance and outcome of games. We finally beat the Pats in a slugfest. Blow for blow we traded, and came out victorious. We came back to beat the Raiders, destroyed the Chiefs...dismantled the Redskins...it was awesome to watch. Nobody could keep up with Fitz and the 'O'. it didn't matter about our defense.

Now you have the same guys returning from injuries, with experience together, and a FULL offseason (which they did not have last season, either) of training, AND add the passrush and DB's and more favorable defensive philosophy and coordinator, and we should blow teams up on offense and shut them down on 'D'.

Barring injuries, the Bills should be in the playoffs and advance. :flirt:

IMO Sapp is an idiot. And I don't think it's coincidence that his last name rhymes with Crap. He is a fat piece of one, commentates likes one, analyzes like one, and pays his BILLS like one, so I will never take a word he says seriously. Once his ridiculous NFL Network contract expires, I look forward to never seeing him ever again.