OT: Fireworks?

mcjeff215

Just wondering... do many of you have neighbors blowing crap up now? I live in a development off of a somewhat "rural" road. Down on that road I can hear all kinds of fireworks and whatnot - my development is quiet.

Any of you have it going on? Never happened when I lived in Buffalo at New Years, but happens here.

Just wondering... do many of you have neighbors blowing crap up now? I live in a development off of a somewhat "rural" road.  Down on that road I can hear all kinds of fireworks and whatnot - my development is quiet.

Any of you have it going on? Never happened when I lived in Buffalo at New Years, but happens here.

186842[/snapback]

yep!!!!

Hey McJeff......nice week for us to have the Falcons playing a late away game, huh? Bills/Stillers on the tube, baby!!

Get ready to make your cheese!

Aren't guns illegal there?

186883[/snapback]

I purposely left that fact out knowing you would chime in. :pirate:

Yes.

Hard to keep them out if the suburbs and collar counties work in the exact opposite direction and have lax standards.

Not that I am for it, don't get me wrong... Gun control is an all or not thing... You can't possibly enforce something like that when others don't. Just like fireworks, what is stopping you from illegally transporting them from Indiana to Illinois?

Like I said, don't think I am for taking guns away... It is that I realize for something to be effective like that, it has to be all or nothing.

Anyway, I suppose it is a law so as when one is caught with one, they can take it away. It still doesn't stop the leagl permit owners that were "grandfathered" in... I guess there are a lot of old weapons out there?

Last night in Buffalo, it was 56 degrees at midnight.

186898[/snapback]

In the Ken-Ton area, I heard a lot of fireworks going off around 9:30pm-10pm last night. I went for a walk after dinner. Sweatshirt weather, no coats needed.

Hey McJeff......nice week for us to have the Falcons playing a late away game, huh? Bills/Stillers on the tube, baby!!

Get ready to make your cheese!

186868[/snapback]

Yup yup! I've called the family and filled 'em in - they know they've got it on TV too. No cheese this weekend - I've got a KILLER cold.

(Note that there's nothing wrong with blowing stuff up - I'm rather partial to it - I just don't remember seeing many folks doing it in Buff... )

Just gunfire...  :pirate:  :doh:  I am at work on the far southside of Chicago.

186871[/snapback]

Same in SoCal. Depending on where you live, you'll hear the banditos firing their guns into the air, usually followed by some gringo getting randomly hit by their stray bullet. Fuggin' morons.

I purposely left that fact out knowing you would chime in. :pirate:

Far be it from me to disappoint. :doh:

Hard to keep them out if the suburbs and collar counties work in the exact opposite direction and have lax standards.

They'll keep guns out of the hands of individuals about the same time they win the drug war. Pointless waste of money and erosion of freedom that has increased peripheral crime exponentially and increased profitability 100 fold. No worries.

Not that I am for it, don't get me wrong... Gun control is an all or not thing... You can't possibly enforce something like that when others don't.  Just like fireworks, what is stopping you from illegally transporting them from Indiana to Illinois?

Prohibition doesn't work and never will. Like Tony Soprano said so eloquently: "As long as man has certain appetites, someone will be there to satisfy them." Whether it's drugs, numbers, parlays, guns...Doesn't matter.