Ochocinco invites grieving widow he never met to wedding...

A woman named Cheryl posted on Chad's twitter that she had lost her husband of 30 years two weeks ago, and she is having a rough time and would appreciate a prayer from him...

Chad then responded by asking if she had a passport, to which she replied she did, and then he told her to come to his wedding and he would make all the arrangements and pay for everything...

This has to be one of the coolest things I have ever seen from a pro athlete, but it seems Chad does this quite often, inviting people from twitter to dinner and paying for everything quite often during the season...

Just a quality human being, regardless of what some might think of him on the field.

My link

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would someone tweet ochocinco to pray for them? And why would she want to go to his wedding? Interesting human interest story OC has created....

I think probably because she is a fan of his and he is getting married...

I think probably because she is a fan of his and he is getting married...

It's because she is a fan of his? So would you ever personally and specifically ask your favorite football player to pray for you?

Dude can be a real clown sometimes but I don't think there's ever been a question about his heart.

Every time we've discussed diva receivers, CJ has been distinguished from the others by his sense of fun (and his ability to avoid the police blotter).

I hope his life doesn't implode when he can no longer play football.

Dude can be a real clown sometimes but I don't think there's ever been a question about his heart.

Every time we've discussed diva receivers, CJ has been distinguished from the others by his sense of fun (and his ability to avoid the police blotter).

If it does, rest assured two different companies very concerned about brain injury in football will be fighting over his intracranial remains, news of more lawsuits against the NFL will be announced and the "Sports Writers" will all race to re-write the same stories they have re-written in the past......

It's because she is a fan of his? So would you ever personally and specifically ask your favorite football player to pray for you?

in the early nineties, i asked jim to pray that i pass a math regents exam. it didn't work. of course, he was still an incorrigible poon-hound at the time.

things might be different now that he's found god.

I always got the impression that his attitude was more showmanship and less a representation of who he honestly is, myself.

The guy doesn't drink, doesn't do drugs, doesn't get arrested but he's always labeled as being a delinquent just because he likes to celebrate and likes to tweet like millions of other people in the world. Go figure.

He's had some mishaps.

I think he's generally a fun loving good guy - but he's earned some bad press too.

(fighting coaches at half time during a playoff game, for example)

I think its kind of insulting to the woman. "Hey, your husband of 30 years just died a few weeks ago? Why don't you come down to see me get married, that won't bring up any painful memories of your husband!"

Its a nice PR move, gonna bring some good press to you and lots of people will go on about how sweet and nice he is for doing it, I just think that the last thing you want after your spouse of decades passes away is to go see another couple go get married

The guy doesn't drink, doesn't do drugs, doesn't get arrested but he's always labeled as being a delinquent just because he likes to celebrate and likes to tweet like millions of other people in the world. Go figure.

I've never heard him described as "a delinquent", actually. He's just a self-promoter, that's all. All of his "acts" of kindness seem to make it into the public eye. If he was silent about his charitable gifting, etc., I wouldn't question his "heart".

Seems like since his career hit the skids the past few seasons, he has taken to social media/internet/airwaves to remind us all he's still here and actually a great guy. He's a football player.

Have read a number of places over the years that despite the image he's actually a really nice guy. In fact, I'm spacing on who it was but there was a sportswriter just recently who listed him on his Top 10 "good guys in the League" list and said he's very different in private than his public showboating image. (it was the guy who wrote the "top 10 jerks in the League" article.)

And wrt WEO's comment above on "public vs private" charity, how do we know what in fact he does privately since, by definition, that's private? Personally, I'd wager that he does a good bit that we don't read about based on what I've read on him....

Have read a number of places over the years that despite the image he's actually a really nice guy. In fact, I'm spacing on who it was but there was a sportswriter just recently who listed him on his Top 10 "good guys in the League" list and said he's very different in private than his public showboating image. (it was the guy who wrote the "top 10 jerks in the League" article.)

And wrt WEO's comment above on "public vs private" charity, how do we know what in fact he does privately since, by definition, that's private? Personally, I'd wager that he does a good bit that we don't read about based on what I've read on him....

I don't imagine he's had too many private moments. He made a youtube video featuring him crying about getting his car broken into losing his starbucks card.

A sportswriter named him a nice guy? So what? You really think this guy knows what OC is like in"private"? How could he?--by definition, OC plus a member of the press does not equal private.

You wouldn't make that wager with your own money. OC's charity events/activities are sparsely recorded. He did other "cool stuff" like give away a Lexus and trips to Hawaii and Europe---all of which he didn't actually give away. He was sued on all three and settled out of court.

The guy is an entertainer and self promoter, which is fine. Why not just accept the obvious?

I don't imagine he's had too many private moments. He made a youtube video featuring him crying about getting his car broken into losing his starbucks card.

A sportswriter named him a nice guy? So what? You really think this guy knows what OC is like in"private"? How could he?--by definition, OC plus a member of the press does not equal private.

You wouldn't make that wager with your own money. OC's charity events/activities are sparsely recorded. He did other "cool stuff" like give away a Lexus and trips to Hawaii and Europe---all of which he didn't actually give away. He was sued on all three and settled out of court.

The guy is an entertainer and self promoter, which is fine. Why not just accept the obvious?

I hate to say this, but the attitude and negative outlook you seem to have about most things lead me to believe you need to get laid in the worst way...