Happy Fourth of July

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, that's a hook that has to hurt. All I said is that I thought the tweets were out of line. You've spent the last several posts trying to save the argument for your groupies. They seemed to bash America. I support America. Where do you stand?

BTW, it's so sad that you have to resort to the name calling. "Shitlicker", really? Is this a sign of me getting under your skin or a sign that you just can't handle the truth?

What I find hilarious is you don't even have the reading comprehension to recall the content of your own posts. Or, you're just being disingenuous. Either way, it's hilarious.

So... you can't give me the point of the article. I guess that means reading comprehension is out. As is logical discussion or civil discourse. What exactly can you bring to the conversation then aside from hilarious rantings?

:thumbsup:

My OP was about the tweets. Why do I even need to address the article when my point was the tweets? I don't give a flying !@#$ about the messenger. Do you think your "writer status" allows you to question everything that everybody says to the extent of being a complete ass? Why do you discount what I've said to you about that? Are you really the Jerry Sullivan of this board? Earlier I gave you an out. You didn't take it. That's now your problem.

My OP was about the tweets. Why do I even need to address the article when my point was the tweets? I don't give a flying !@#$ about the messenger. Do you think your "writer status" allows you to question everything that everybody says to the extent of being a complete ass? Why do you discount what I've said to you about that? Are you really the Jerry Sullivan of this board? Earlier I gave you an out. You didn't take it. That's now your problem.

What about Chris Rock's tweet offended you? What was Chris Rock's point in that tweet from your perspective?

What about Chris Rock's tweet offended you? What was Chris Rock's point in that tweet from your perspective?

So, you are moving away from the author of the article? What do you think of the tweets? My OP wasn't about Chris Rock as much as it was about all the tweets. Everybody else here knows what I''m talking about. Why do you and the other idiots want to dispute that?

So, you are moving away from the author of the article? What do you think of the tweets? My OP wasn't about Chris Rock as much as it was about all the tweets. Everybody else here knows what I''m talking about. Why do you and the other idiots want to dispute that?

I'm not asking about anyone else's interpretation. I'm asking about yours. I'm just curious, not trying to pin you down. The article was framed around Chris Rock's initial tweet, the other tweets are just reflections of his tweet (some more insane than others). So what specifically about Rock's tweet bothered you?

I'm not asking about anyone else's interpretation. I'm asking about yours. I'm just curious, not trying to pin you down. The article was framed around Chris Rock's initial tweet, the other tweets are just reflections of his tweet (some more insane than others). So what specifically about Rock's tweet bothered you?

You still don't get it, do you? I'm the OP. My original post had to do with the tweets. !@#$ the original article. From the beginning I've been talking about the tweets. You keep trying to make it about somethng else. Quit your bullschit and admit that you f'd up. No big deal. We'll agree to fight another day. Is that ok with you, or do you want to continue this assinine battle?

You still don't get it, do you? I'm the OP. My original post had to do with the tweets. !@#$ the original article. From the beginning I've been talking about the tweets. You keep trying to make it about somethng else. Quit your bullschit and admit that you f'd up. No big deal. We'll agree to fight another day. Is that ok with you, or do you want to continue this assinine battle?

I'm talking about the tweets. Specifically the main tweet. As you've already said, the article is sh*t and has no merit. But, according to your OP, the tweet makes Rock an azshole and anti-American.

I'm asking why that is? How does Chris Rock's tweet make him anti-American or, imply that he hates America? I'm just asking for your opinion on the topic you started.

So... you can't give me the point of the article. I guess that means reading comprehension is out. As is logical discussion or civil discourse. What exactly can you bring to the conversation then aside from hilarious rantings?

:thumbsup:

"Ah, memories. I remember when I was in college, and Patrick Moynihan was vilified as a racist conservative for saying something similar."

Profesional writer, not professional speller.

You still don't understand. You are not calling the shots here. Someone else is. Bring something of substance to the table and I'll talk. Bye, bye.

Edited by 3rdnlng

"Ah, memories. I remember when I was in college, and Patrick Moynihan was vilified as a racist conservative for saying something similar."

Profesional writer, not professional speller.

You still don't understand. You are not calling the shots here. Someone else is. Bring something of substance to the table and I'll talk. Bye, bye.

:lol: :lol:

Thirdrate is like Barney Fife on the offensive.

Hey Barn... Did you forget to take the bullet out of your shirt pocket?

Let me guess 3rd... You were given a trophy for everything you competed in AND were socially promoted through school just to get your dumbass out of the teacher's hair!

I'm talking about the tweets. Specifically the main tweet. As you've already said, the article is sh*t and has no merit. But, according to your OP, the tweet makes Rock an azshole and anti-American.

I'm asking why that is? How does Chris Rock's tweet make him anti-American or, imply that he hates America? I'm just asking for your opinion on the topic you started.

I don't get into the whole "who loves America more" thing, but his comments make him come off as a big douche bag. It says he doesn't see himself as an American; he sees himself and his race as a separate people that are not really part of this country. And that's cool if you want to be a separatist, but if you expect the society to accept you and treat you as one of its own that's a two way street. Maybe he should move on from all the oppression he lived through 230 years ago. He may think this sounds strong and assertive, like he's standing up for himself and his people, but in reality, at this point he just sounds like a whiney kitty.

My premise was the tweets. I am not going to let you drive the conversation. Do you approve of the sentiment expressed in the majority of the following tweets? How does Chris Rock's tweet strengthen our country, like you claimed?

Freddie Foxxx

✔@BumpyKnuckles Never forget the torture that America has put on peoples lives....to get where she is today. So while ur poppin Ur lil fire crackers....

4 Jul 12 ReplyRetweetFavoriteUnbelievable. Yet, totally believable since it is so predictable. As always, members of the bitter and hateful Left jump at the chance to slam the country that provides them the opportunity and freedom to spew their hatred.

Evo Morales @Romneys_aDouche if youre using #4thofJuly to make some huge historical statement about how blacks are still slaves expect an unfollow...not in the mood 2day

4 Jul 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite

Alyssa Shawn

@alyssacaren If I see one tweet today about how America sucks, you're gettin unfollowed #sorrynotsorry #MERICA

4 Jul 12 ReplyRetweetFavoriteThey will have a lot of unfollowing to do today, sadly.

☭S♀O☭P♀H☭I♀E☭

@dotcormunism happy 4th of july. america is a violent racist nation built upon slavery and genocide. enjoy your hot dogs and fireworks

Black Kate Moss

@longliveshanice AMERICA WAS BUILT ON GENOCIDE

4 Jul 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite@Dre_StateOfMind Happy Birthday America. A country built on Slavery and genocide smh—

Dondre. (@Dre_StateOfMind) July 04, 2012

4 Jul 12

Dr. Naseem Beauchman

@DoctorNas Happy Birthday America , You Don't Look A Day Over Slavery #4thofJuly

4 Jul 12 ReplyRetweetFavoriteNon-Americans join in the bashing. But, hey, let’s totally appease those who hate us, right? Citizens of the world and all.

Arsène Lupin

@OmarZydan "Happy 4th of July" America.. You've killed our brothers, sisters, Bombed our homes and invaded our countries !! #GodBlessAmerica

4 Jul 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite@_chiefqueef STOP TWEETING HAPPY 4TH OF JULY. !@#$ AMERICA. !@#$ THE POLICE. !@#$ THE GOVERNMENT. !@#$ THE ILLUMINATI. ITS ALL A SET UP.—

غنجا الاميرة (@_chiefqueef) July 04, 2012

4 Jul 12 Sadly, it’s not just people from other countries. Americans enjoying the freedom that this country, a beacon of light to world, provides decide to “celebrate” with hate as well.

Dan Searle

@danarchitects Happy 4th of July America. Thanks for leading the way in war, corruption and brainwashing!!! :)

4 Jul 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite@Ayeee_Christian …America sucks dick, most corrupted country to live in. America can care less about the citizens, society, and the community. #Deceived—

Christian Molina (@Ayeee_Christian) July 04, 2012

4 Jul 12

Bianca Marie

@BiancaPastel_ yeah. America became "independent" on the 4th of July but Blacks were still enslaved & being sold at auctions. OH but yall have a happy 4th

The Dreamkiller

@Eyeslam July 4th, 1776 Black people were slaves. Pieces of property in "America" not even considered fully human. !@#$ you.

4 Jul 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite@StonedSaint Guys, America sucks.—

Bee (@StonedSaint) July 04, 2012

4 Jul 12 @Dickie45Davis Happy 4th of July or as i like to called it happy genocide day!u should b ashamed that u still celebrate this day america.AMERICA !@#$ YEAH!—

Rich Davis (@Dickie45Davis) July 04, 2012

4 Jul 12 They are all following the lead of the contemptible Aaron Sorkin. Of course, he has no problem earning millions and enjoying the lifestyle he could only have in suck-y America.

DANEgerus

@DANEgerus Aaron Sorkin squeals America sucks ace.mu.nu/archives/33069… We're seventh in literacy? Amongst the top 20 that is hair splitting and subjective

DANEgerus

@DANEgerus Aaron Sorkin squeals America sucks ace.mu.nu/archives/33069… We're 178th in infant mortality? Because other countries don't count premies

4 Jul 12 ReplyRetweetFavoriteMore from Ace of Spades:

What Makes America the Greatest Country in the World?

Well per Aaron Sorkin in The Newsroom: nothing

There’s absolutely no evidence to support the statement that we’re the greatest country in the world. We’re seventh in literacy, 27th in math, 22nd in science, 49th in life expectancy, 178th in infant mortality, third in median household income, number 4 in labor force, and number 4 in exports. We lead the world in only 3 categories: number of incarcerated citizens per capita, number of adults who believe angels are real, and defense spending where we spend more than the next 26 countries combined, 25 of whom are allies.

Okay a lot of these statistics are rather bullshitty and this is a classic example of liberals loving the America that could be rather than the one we have.

Ace further goes on to point out a Slate article that joins in the “America isn’t so great” narrative.

These citizens decide to provide a little lesson for the haters.

Dana A ♫

@danar3dd People say America is too proud fora country that sucks. Oops, can't hear ya over the sound of our independence.

Anna Sortzi

@asssortzi America sucks? I wanna see how you like it in a 3 world country, and see how much America sucks then #ungrateful

Conservative Wonka

@GOPWonka Oh, you think it’s lame to be patriotic? I bet the soldiers who’ve given their lives for America appreciate selfish idiots like you. #TCOT

4 Jul 12 ReplyRetweetFavoriteAnd this Twitter user sums it up in a nutshell.

domonique.

@ObeyTomlinster My friend asked if I was free this weekend. Of course I am, this is America.

4 Jul 12 ReplyRetweetFavoriteAmen.

It’s okay, pitiful Left. Keep hating; you have the freedom to do so in America, you see. Try doing that anywhere else. Those of us who aren’t hate-filled and delusional will keep loving our country and cherishing the freedom provided by this great nation.

Update: Chris Rock joins in the slamming.

Chris Rock

✔@chrisrock Happy white peoples independence day the slaves weren't free but I'm sure they enjoyed fireworks

sarah

@mamaswati #headwall RT @chrisrock: Happy white peoples independence day the slaves weren't free but I'm sure they enjoyed fireworks

Chris Rock

✔@chrisrock 4 Jul 12 Happy white peoples independence day the slaves weren't free but I'm sure they enjoyed fireworks

David Burge

@iowahawkblog @chrisrock Good one! I bet your Guatemalan house staff got a good chuckle.

4 Jul 12 ReplyRetweetFavoriteSome lessons for Mr. Rock.

Loren Heal

@lheal The Declaration of Independence led directly to emancipation, @chrisrock. No nation with that as a foundation could long tolerate slavery.

Jon G.

@ExJon Oh FFS, grow up. RT @chrisrock: Happy white peoples independence day the slaves weren't free but I'm sure they enjoyed fireworks

Raging Conservative

@RagCon So, "Reverend" @TheRevAl , you are going to rebuke @chrisrock for his racist tweet right? I mean you walked with MLK right? #tcot

Andy Hall

@LazerANDYHALL Hey @chrisrock - how's that foot taste, pal?

4 Jul 12 ReplyRetweetFavoriteTruth is hard.

Update: Actor Don Cheadle finds Rock’s tweet absolutely guffaw-worthy.

Don Cheadle

✔@IamDonCheadle "@chrisrock: Happy white peoples independence day the slaves weren't free but I'm sure they enjoyed fireworks" Haha

4 Jul 12 ReplyRetweetFavoriteUpdate: Actor Zach Braff wants in on the action:

Zach Braff

✔@zachbraff Slaves weren't freed for another 90 years. So maybe just enjoy some of the fireworks...

4 Jul 12 ReplyRetweetFavoriteHappy “Independence to Rip Off Other Celebrities’ Tweets” Day, Zach!

Edited by 3rdnlng

I don't get into the whole "who loves America more" thing, but his comments make him come off as a big douche bag. It says he doesn't see himself as an American; he sees himself and his race as a separate people that are not really part of this country. And that's cool if you want to be a separatist, but if you expect the society to accept you and treat you as one of its own that's a two way street. Maybe he should move on from all the oppression he lived through 230 years ago. He may think this sounds strong and assertive, like he's standing up for himself and his people, but in reality, at this point he just sounds like a whiney kitty.

On January 1 1863 (AKA Emancipation Day) President Abraham Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclimation via Executive Order. That was the first day in the history of the good old US of A that 100% of people born with Melanin enriched skin were able to (theoretically) fully enjoy the benifits of FULL citizenship.

It's an easy concept. You're not required to agree with him but that doesn't make him an "America Hater" or a "whiney kitty."

Your response does however pretty much make you sound like a Sniveling Biatch.

On January 1 1863 (AKA Emancipation Day) President Abraham Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclimation via Executive Order. That was the first day in the history of the good old US of A that 100% of people born with Melanin enriched skin were able to (theoretically) fully enjoy the benifits of FULL citizenship.

It's an easy concept. You're not required to agree with him but that doesn't make him an "America Hater" or a "whiney kitty."

And Chris Rock's grandfather had yet to swim out of his daddy's scrotum in 1863. Not that this is the point anyway. In celebrating American independence we're celebrating just that, American Independence.

And I never called him an "America hater", dipshit. GFYM.

Your avatar fits your post's well.