any news on torell troup?

batten will beat out white. he can play inside and rush the passer. plus hes bigger and not coming off a knee injury...

On the other hand, White is a much more instinctive player than Batten, played at a much higher level of college competition, and was a force on special teams before getting injured (2nd on the team in tackles despite playing only 8 games).

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the other hand, White is a much more instinctive player than Batten, played at a much higher level of college competition, and was a force on special teams before getting injured (2nd on the team in tackles despite playing only 8 games).

I got to agree with you SJF when it comes to White. Think the kid showed he could play in college. Also showed he is an asset to ST. If he is fully healthy for camp i think he gets every opportunity to stick on the team as depth at LB.

Batten to me just did not seem like a good playmaker. by that i mean a guy who can diagnos a play and get to the bll quickly. I hope White makes it a difficult decision.

yup, the Bills drafted him over Gronk in the 2nd round to fill a need

In the 2000 NFL draft we selected Erik Flowers (DE), Travares Tillman (S) ,Corey Moore (LB), Avion Black (WR), Sammy Morris (FB), and Leif Larson (DE) over TOM BRADY to fill "needs". Who was to know?

What a $hitty draft that was for us!

Edited by Azucho98

In the 2000 NFL draft we selected Erik Flowers (DE), Travares Tillman (S) ,Corey Moore (LB), Avion Black (WR), Sammy Morris (FB), and Leif Larson (DE) over TOM BRADY to fill "needs". Who was to know?

What a $hitty draft that was for us!

Terrible comparison when you are talking about a late 1st to 2nd round pick (post injury) in Gronk vs. a 6th round QB. In this case we are talking about passing over a TE, position of need, with a 1st to 2nd round pick projected draft position in front of Troup who was a projected 3rd round pick at best. So, in comparison, Brady could/should only be compared to the players that were drafted where he was projected to go (6th or 7th round). I believe that leaves him being compared with Lief Larson.

Terrible comparison when you are talking about a late 1st to 2nd round pick (post injury) in Gronk vs. a 6th round QB. In this case we are talking about passing over a TE, position of need, with a 1st to 2nd round pick projected draft position in front of Troup who was a projected 3rd round pick at best. So, in comparison, Brady could/should only be compared to the players that were drafted where he was projected to go (6th or 7th round). I believe that leaves him being compared with Lief Larson.

Ok so we took Lief Larson over Tom Brady LOL! My point is who was to know Gronk and Brady were going to be so good? It's simple to look back NOW and say the picks made were dumb moves. If scouts knew then what they know now about Gronk he would have been taken in the 1st round. Get it?

Edited by Azucho98

Ok so we took Lief Larson over Tom Brady LOL! My point is who was to know Gronk and Brady were going to be so good? It's simple to look back NOW and say the picks made were dumb moves. If scouts knew then what they know know about Gronk he would have been taken in the 1st round. Get it?

foreskin is 20/20!

Edited by zazie

Tank Carder and Nigel Bradham will make at least the practice squad obviously.

Unless one or both just stink up the joint in preseason, which does NOT look like happening based on OTAs, No Way the Bills risk a 4th and a 5th round draft pick clearing waivers. No practice squad for Carder and Bradham. They get spots on the 53 unless injured. Bradham may be starting by midseason depending upon performance and injuries.

Moats name has popped up in the media and i have read he can also play DE in the four three. He can also play silb and mlb "fully understands those positions" might be better said he has not shown US alot i dont think. Because of his flexibilty he gets in and will probably improve in the new D.

I really think Bills do consider moving Scott back to be listed as safety.

McKillop is a Wannys boy and has been mentioned at least once as having the skill set. Then with Scott moved to Safety

"Bradham-Carter-Moats/Scott

The other Scott,.. Mckillop is in i would guess. Not sure about Chris White this year. but we maybe should hide a couple on PS if we can.

I could be mistaken as practice squad rules make my head hurt, but I don't think White is PS eligible as he was a big STer last year. I believe he was active for 7 games, and I believe the PS limit is 6?

But there's a lot of fine print, so I'm not sure.

It's really going to depend on who else the Bills want to keep as DB and how many LB they decide to keep. It's not a slam-dunk to me that they keep 7 LB on a 4-3 unless they count Scott, who can do dual duty. They may well have a rookie or UDFA or two that they want to keep on the roster as DB. I heard McKillop was limping, if he is not recovered from injury he doesn't stay.

As should have said that Bradham and Carder will make the Team. :oops:

The battles for positions on the line and the LB is tough. I have read enough blogs and articles about how many to keep where.

I really dont recall having this problem last year. With the flexibilty at position with Barnett and Morrison who can both play MLB if Shepp goes down, Carder has played all 3 and i billeive Bradham can play both outside spots. Now there is talk of Merriman could play at Silb, even though Gailey has said he doesnt think he wants him doing anything but pass rush from the endspot.

Options options....

I could be mistaken as practice squad rules make my head hurt, but I don't think White is PS eligible as he was a big STer last year. I believe he was active for 7 games, and I believe the PS limit is 6?

But there's a lot of fine print, so I'm not sure.

I don't think he is eligible as he's accrued a year.

As should have said that Bradham and Carder will make the Team. :oops:

The battles for positions on the line and the LB is tough. I have read enough blogs and articles about how many to keep where.

I really dont recall having this problem last year. With the flexibilty at position with Barnett and Morrison who can both play MLB if Shepp goes down, Carder has played all 3 and i billeive Bradham can play both outside spots. Now there is talk of Merriman could play at Silb, even though Gailey has said he doesnt think he wants him doing anything but pass rush from the endspot.

Options options....

Tasker was quoted before roster cuts last year saying "last year (2009) the Bills had to keep some guys they might have liked to cut, this year they're going to have to cut some guys I think they'd like to keep"

This year is a further step forward, unless the Injury bug bites deep in preseason they WILL be cutting guys other teams will sign.

Ok so we took Lief Larson over Tom Brady LOL! My point is who was to know Gronk and Brady were going to be so good? It's simple to look back NOW and say the picks made were dumb moves. If scouts knew then what they know now about Gronk he would have been taken in the 1st round. Get it?

LOL...obviously you don't. The point is taking the best overall player (maybe second only because of injury) at his position at the point in draft vs. taking an unknown DT that was barley cracking the top ten at his position. We are talking about a 2nd round draft pick here not a 5th, 6th or 7th. If you want to look at the way it should be done, look at the past two drafts. In the 2nd round the Bills went with Williams and Glenn respectively. Both players were projected 1st round picks and slipped into the second round. There are only 32 spots to fill in that first round, players will slip. If you do not think there is intelligence/skill/scouting behind the draft then you really need to take a seat from posting. You have just experienced 10 years of sub par drafts to average at best. Finally in the past 2 years it seems as if they have started to concentrate on staying away from the "project" type players when the obvious talent is still on the board. The perfect example of your argument would be your support of drafting Maybin when Orakbo fell to the Bills (and beyond). Realize that is what your argument supports. Hindsight right???

I don't think he is eligible as he's accrued a year.

Well, this is where my head starts to hurt. From a website:

In order to be eligible for the practice squad, players must meet one of the following requirements:

• Have no prior Accrued Seasons in the NFL (An accrued season is six or more games on the active roster); So White has an accrued season as he was 7 games on the active roster
  • Have one prior Accrued Season in which the player was on the 45-man active roster for no more than 8 games; But maybe he is still eligible because he was not on the 45 man active roster for more than 8 games?
  • If served two seasons on a practice squad, are eligible for a third season only if the team has at least 53 players on its active/inactive list for the duration of that player's employment.

As I said, my head hurts when I try to sort out the PS rules.

the only player batten is going to beat out is the guy at the fry station that likes to hit on all the cashiers

Harsh. But possibly true, unless his play just takes a quantum leap of improvement

Well, this is where my head starts to hurt. From a website:

In order to be eligible for the practice squad, players must meet one of the following requirements:

• Have no prior Accrued Seasons in the NFL (An accrued season is six or more games on the active roster); So White has an accrued season as he was 7 games on the active roster
  • Have one prior Accrued Season in which the player was on the 45-man active roster for no more than 8 games; But maybe he is still eligible because he was not on the 45 man active roster for more than 8 games?
  • If served two seasons on a practice squad, are eligible for a third season only if the team has at least 53 players on its active/inactive list for the duration of that player's employment.

As I said, my head hurts when I try to sort out the PS rules.

Geezus, thats like a monty python skit. are headaches contagious?

White might be in a tight spot, but last i read he has really improved with OTAs this year. Buddy likes building from draft and as mentioned if Scott Mckillop gimps that might be enough to count him out. leaving White on the inside.

thanks for the heads up with rule book. ( i think) :thumbsup:

id be suprised if a healthy battten loses to white... if white was 100%, then maybe... idk. was white active for every game when he was healthy? batten started a few games and was avg...