Cordy Glenn on list of Top 10 Impact rookies

what are the chances that Nix tells the league that the guy can only play guard and all these GMs fall for it and don't draft him? I doubt that's why he fell. That being said, I don't if I was a rookie football player and the GM of the team that drafted me spread a lie about my abilities to get me to fall to the second round and thus decreasing the amount of money I was to earn, I'd be slightly resentful of that.

I don't disagree with this hypothetical but a related point that has to be talked about at the same time is this:

Does Buddy Nix's word carry so much weight that if he makes somewhat negative comments about a player that it will cause the player's stock to drop?

Personally I tend to doubt it. Everyone is smokescreening in the leadup to the draft.

IMO, Nix was just crowing a bit in the afterglow.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given what the guy said about the Eagles, the Fitzgerald comment was definitely part of his shtick. He obviously knows the Bills and their fans.

On another note, I hope this motivates Gilmore, being snubbed.

Edit: Damn TPS...beat me to it. That's what I get for not reading the whole thread.

Well, anyway:

Am I the only one(besides TPS) that, given the overall snarkiness of the article, and the wisecracks, etc., thinks that the Fitzgerald thing was done on purpose? Partially as a joke, and also as a way to drive up the traffic?

I am certain that the media people who have said Fitz's name wrong have been reminded, repeatedly, by Bills fans. Why not this time, intentionally, give them another excuse to drive traffic off our boards to their site?

I'd start doing it on purpose for another reason: as we've already seen above(Patrick Fitzryan, etc.)...this has meme potential.

Example: Would anybody put it past Chris Berman to pick up on the Patick Ftizryan, Gerald Fitzpatrick, etc. thing, and make it his?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

When i watched the OTA's highlights for the first time and saw a few second glimpses of a mamouth Tackle with 77 on his chest, I thought WOW, that's a big dude. And how he protected just on that one play against a pretty quick D-line (think it was Anderson or Johnson) he shut them down. I just remember thinking to myself that this guy is shades better than Bell just from a size/technique look at one play. I think he's going to be a probowler in 2 maybe 3 years under our O-Line coach.

On the note of Glenn not being drafted till the 2nd round, we did put that rumor out there that he was a Gaurd not a Tackle when the reporters asked buddy why he didn't take the next best tackle available. He did say that in an interview he insinuated that Glenn was not a prototypical LT but more of a Guard. Smokescreen to try to get him to fall and it worked. It was in an article after the draft (i don't have the link but promise that was said).

Edit: Damn TPS...beat me to it. That's what I get for not reading the whole thread.

Well, anyway:

Am I the only one(besides TPS) that, given the overall snarkiness of the article, and the wisecracks, etc., thinks that the Fitzgerald thing was done on purpose? Partially as a joke, and also as a way to drive up the traffic?

I am certain that the media people who have said Fitz's name wrong have been reminded, repeatedly, by Bills fans. Why not this time, intentionally, give them another excuse to drive traffic off our boards to their site?

I'd start doing it on purpose for another reason: as we've already seen above(Patrick Fitzryan, etc.)...this has meme potential.

Example: Would anybody put it past Chris Berman to pick up on the Patick Ftizryan, Gerald Fitzpatrick, etc. thing, and make it his?

Great minds think alike... :beer:

A great pic by the Bills and Buddy worked the media planting the idea he could only play guard.

From all of the OTA and mini-camp reports plus his college video this kid is going to be very solid at LT for years to come (Didn't laugh at the sidebar comment in the story about Philadelphia ... we only send them our undrafted LT's).

This year's draft combined with last year's has created a very solid team of young players. I really can't think of any team with as much potential success as the Bills last two drafts appear to have given us.

Our undrafted LT's or just the ones he draft in the 7th

If Glenn can come in and be even half the rookie that Wood or Levitre were, it'll be a major upgrade at LT.

Well he can't be any worse than Bell. Him going to the Eagles was one of the best things that happened to the Bills all off season. Between Hairston entering his second year, and a touted rookie like Glenn, we are looking MUCH better at that position. We also have Zebrie Sanders for even more depth...

I also like how no one in the sports world even know's Ryan Fitzpatrick's name...

Edited by Turbosrrgood