5 in 5 out

natas

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we got the tools in the box to pull off anything we want but now they just have to stay healthy with limiting injury and stay out of off field trouble and our o line must gel as one then i will say division champs

bill13ve 2012 playoff bound

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/59862/video-5-in-5-out-buffalo-bills

herm talks about bills breaking playoff drought

we must bill13ve!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS!

I try to look at our lineup from a non-biased position but every time I start to dissect this Buffalo Bills team all I can see is a team that will be very tough to beat.

The defense should be wowing everyone right from the start and that means that the offense will get the ball more, which means less pressure and more points.

Brady is at his weakest when he is pressured and boy is he going to be pressured.

We should be right in the mix for the division ... would love to see January games at THE RALPH!!!

pats* are getting older. Time is running out for them. Wishful thinking, but why not... wtf?

Let's go Buffalo!

I have been thinking this for like 3 years now. But somehow they keep chugging along. It really is a testament to them. Until Brady slows down, i do not think they will.

And trust me i do not like Brady at all. To me he is the least 'football' guy there is playing in the NFL. But the guy is a great talent

As a fan, we have every reason to believe that the playoffs are an eventuality with one caveat. Fitzpatrick has to get better with his turnovers. I have no doubt that an improved defense (which they definitely have) will help take pressure off the offense to move down the field and score on every play. No matter how good the defense is or how good Cordy Glenn plays at LT, it won't matter if Fitzpatrick doesn't turn the corner. Despite that, he's a smart guy, so we have good reason there too to be optimistic.

The Bills beat the Pats last year with an injured Kyle Williams, rookie Marcell Dareus (who had no rookie minicamp, OTA's, minicamp & a shorten camp), and no pass rush. Add in Mario Williams and Mark Anderson and a healthy Kyle Williams, is there any doubt that the Bills could beat the Pats again and have a legitmate shot at winning the AFC East?

The Bills beat the Pats last year with an injured Kyle Williams, rookie Marcell Dareus (who had no rookie minicamp, OTA's, minicamp & a shorten camp), and no pass rush. Add in Mario Williams and Mark Anderson and a healthy Kyle Williams, is there any doubt that the Bills could beat the Pats again and have a legitmate shot at winning the AFC East?

Given the fact that the Patriots defense was even more disfunctional than ours, I have no doubt. Throwing out a word......SWEEP!

1340720935[/url]' post='2493160']

If the D plays as expected there is no reason we can't win the AFC East outright. Get ready for January ball at the Ralph.

PTR

Might you be related to the commenter below the story? One promorobot??

Have we learned nothing yet?!? The Kelly/Levy era taught us we don't want to go to the Super Bowl, we want to WIN the Super Bowl!

Might you be related to the commenter below the story? One promorobot??

Have we learned nothing yet?!? The Kelly/Levy era taught us we don't want to go to the Super Bowl, we want to WIN the Super Bowl!

Exactly!! I don't think there's a Bills fan in the country that wants to see the Bills lose another Superbowl. It's either a Superbowl victory, or no Superbowl at all.

I see the pre-camp koolaid is flowing! :)

Last time in the playoffs 1999, last 2 seasons under the current regime, 4-12 and 6-10. And now people are making their February reservations in New Orleans :)

Not sure I've smoked enough crack to Billieve superbowl, but at least this year there is a solid basis for optimism about the playoffs!

1340730156[/url]' post='2493272']

I see the pre-camp koolaid is flowing! :)

Last time in the playoffs 1999, last 2 seasons under the current regime, 4-12 and 6-10. And now people are making their February reservations in New Orleans :)

Not sure I've smoked enough crack to Billieve superbowl, but at least this year there is a solid basis for optimism about the playoffs!

OK, guilty of a cellar full of the Kool-aid. Enhancing the adrenalin are the previous SB champs NYG & GB. Both teams snuck into the dance on the season finales, then ran the table. While Rodgers was brilliant, GB defense and that of the G-men were the keys to their Lombardi's. The 2012 Bills appear built in this mode.

'ere', <chokin on smoke> try some of this..

OK, guilty of a cellar full of the Kool-aid. Enhancing the adrenalin are the previous SB champs NYG & GB. Both teams snuck into the dance on the season finales, then ran the table. While Rodgers was brilliant, GB defense and that of the G-men were the keys to their Lombardi's. The 2012 Bills appear built in this mode.

'ere', <chokin on smoke> try some of this..

Solid D was key to the success of both GB and the Giants as you say. But they both also had "elite" QBs and offenses that could put up some points and sustain clock draining drives when required as well. The Bills don't have that offensive capability in my opinion ... at least not yet. Nix needs to kick ass on the offensive side of the ball next off season the way he did with the D this year, then I just may take a hit off of your pipe ;)

Solid D was key to the success of both GB and the Giants as you say. But they both also had "elite" QBs and offenses that could put up some points and sustain clock draining drives when required as well. The Bills don't have that offensive capability in my opinion ... at least not yet. Nix needs to kick ass on the offensive side of the ball next off season the way he did with the D this year, then I just may take a hit off of your pipe ;)

With a much better defense (at least on paper), the Bills should be able to run the ball more, instead of throwing. While Fitz is not "elite" I would say Fred Jackson is, and CJ Spiller has the potential to be "elite". Being able to run the ball more, and having the ball more (because of the better defense), the Bills will able able to eliminate a lot of turnovers.

With a much better defense (at least on paper), the Bills should be able to run the ball more, instead of throwing. While Fitz is not "elite" I would say Fred Jackson is, and CJ Spiller has the potential to be "elite". Being able to run the ball more, and having the ball more (because of the better defense), the Bills will able able to eliminate a lot of turnovers.

To add to this point, neither the Giants or the Packers had squat in the way of a running game. Does anyone think it's a strange coincidence that the last teams to beat the Patriots in the playoffs all had pretty amazing pass rushers at that time? I don't know as though I'm "drinking the koolaid", but I am as optimistic as I've been in 10 years.

5 in, 5 out is too many. I think 3 in, 3 out.

(Bold teams stay)

Last year: AFC: Broncos, Patriots, Texans, Ravens, Bengals, Steelers

Last year: NFC: Lions, Saints, Giants, Falcons, Packers, 49'ers.

Replacing the Ravens in the AFC:

Bills---fewer injuries, fewer sacks, better depth, good Dec. games, Mario-Mark-Merriman-Dareus-Kyle.

Replacing the Lions and Saints in the NFC:

Carolina Panthers--Newton, and now Kuechly, Silatolu, and Joe Adams. Good things, man.

Philadelphia Eagles--alternate sucking and delivering. Good year coming up, but NYG takes division.

Edited by Astrobot